Yellow | Fed ex playing games with the rdwy/yellow customers

Churchill went out of business like almost every other company following deregulation. Just a little side-note. We were all told following deregulation that the opportunity for many more trucking companies would be the result. First of all, hundreds of trucking companies failed. The new companies created were individuals who bought a truck and hit the highways. They're all pretty much gone by now. What's left are independents contracting out to larger concerns. Not exactly what they had in mind. The LTL industry is down to a handful. The ultimate result was one more industry controlled by a very few. This isn't the American way, but it is, unfortunately, the way of the times.

Anyway, I had friends at Churchill and lots of other carriers who are gone now. I have a fellow steward friend who came from Churchill who is now at Roadway. He has been through this with about five companies now. His terminal is closing with the merger and he will be transferring to Denver. I haven't seen him for a while, but I am sure he is thrilled. I'm kidding. But the thing I don't understand about your comment is why you blame the union for your father's situation. They didn't want deregulation and they couldn't do anything about the fact that his company went out of business.

Point in Fact, the guy who tried to stop deregulation, went to jail.

I love hearing "CB wisdom". You're kidding yourself if you think solevent companies aren't gunning for YRC. We're coming and we're coming hard. I've worked for two, non-union carriers, one stronger then the other but both very strong carriers and I know for a fact that by the end of this week, we're going to know what we need to do and say to get every bit of business we can from YRC. Some of you I've read have talked about other carriers being picky about what they pick up. Well NO *'*** SH#*!!!! We don't want YRC trash or anybody elses. How do you think claims ratios work exactly??? How do you think we pay for your trucks and the coffee machine you like to stand around??? Yeah....I know...everybody thinks their company must be doing well because their trailers are full. No; what we want is profile freight. I'll tell you the objective and you can go back to your drivers meetings with this info. We're going to pick you of your profile freight, leave you the bones and wrestle you into discounting the ever loving sh** out of the crap freight because it's all you got left. I'm sorry boys...the games chess not checkers. Our job as sales people isn't harmony and peace and this brotherly trucker love crap. My only purpose every morning is to get out on the street by 7:30 and figure out how I'm going to help my company shut someone down. THAT'S IT. Now I'm sorry to here YRC drivers talking about their absent sales people....but that's the game folks. If you've got a salesmen sitting on his/her a$$ all day then I suggest you find other work. Plain and simple folks...because what's going to happen is driver layoffs. One of the first things I do with a new hire is a ride along and I talk to him about what it is I do exactly. I tell him/her to think of some questions for me and we'll review them. If you can't talk straight to your sales people I suggest you spend a little less time in this chat room and a little more time looking for a carrier that knows what they are doing. My terminal has 13.4% market share and we've been open 11 months. It ain't pretty but it's true. As a salesmen I carry the lively hood of you and everyone in your family out on the road with me everyday. When Dave Miller CEO at Con-Way said his expectation was the Account Executive would be with the terminal manager to explain to a driver(s) of their layoff...he freaking meant it!!! I'm telling you now....inactive salespeople + terminal management allowing it = a really really bad day for you. Trust me.
Maybe he could have been a little softer around the edges explaining it, but he is dead on otherwise. I have no disagreement on the substance of what he says.

Jimmy G is exactly right on the money. We need to service our customers, and that means delivering their freight on time and picking up their freight on the day it is called in. Unfortunately this is not happening because, at least my manager says they are told how many men to put to work everyday by a computer message every morning. Gee, i wish that computer could understand that when you double up p&d runs you either can't make all of your deliveries or don't have enough room for pick ups. When you don't have enough manpower on the street, you cannot service your customers properly. When you don't service your customers properly, you lose them. When you lose your customers, you go out of buisness. Oh what do i know, i am only in the freight buisness 37 years, and anyway computers know everything!!!!!:hysterical::smilie_132:
you hit the nail on the head. i wish our management would understand that. real changes in the way yrc treats their customers and their freight is the only real answer to our problems

Its getting bad out there and its going to get worse .Fedex Freights bussess plan is to wait for those lazy ,greedy teamsters to go bust.It needs to be different this time I hope we have leard or lesson from the past.We need to stand up work hard and sacrafice for our survival.

Its getting bad out there and its going to get worse .Fedex Freights bussess plan is to wait for those lazy ,greedy teamsters to go bust.It needs to be different this time I hope we have leard or lesson from the past.We need to stand up work hard and sacrafice for our survival.

Working hard for ones prosperity is not a bad thing, but it is a thing of the past with technology, and business models of futureistic value, in comparison to old, but does not however mean the Teamsters will dissipate.

It will be a long time before that happens, and one person fighting a major corperation with unlimited cash flow, and money hungry attorney's waiting to chew you up and spit you out, on his or her own, without backing of anysort, relying on labor laws from one's state and expecting to win, is in a major state of uphoria, and should seek professional help.

For one I really don't think that is actually a Fed Ex business plan. Where do you get off coming to the YRC board and insulting the hard working Teamsters that post here?? Your post is a stereotypical sign of ignorance that we unfortunately have to put up with. I would suggest in the future to either not post in this forum or educate yourself.

DS.

I LOVE it

I love it folks. YRC folks ***** and moan about not seeing a salesmen in their territory for years and management doesn't do anything about it and then they respond to my post like their going to kick someone's *** or something. Laughable!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It's going to be funny how quiet these boards are going to be when you YRC folks are calling my company for work!!!!!! Hey...I do my job and I don't make any apologies for it. Yeah....you're GD right I pat myself on the back. You know why....I GET FREIGHT!!!! Everybody wants to be served the steak but they never want to see the cow get slaughtered. Some drivers think what gets freight is being buddy buddy with the customer. You have no F'ing clue what it really takes to secure long term, p-r-o-f-i-t-a-b-l-e freight. I know you don't because I've sold for and managed dozens of drivers and they all come to me with the same types of info about customers. You think business is coming because the customer freaking winked at you. What you fail to consider is the customer that will sell you out because OD would move it for $5 less then you could. What you fail to mention is all the freight you see on the dock for competitors is actually OB collect. What you fail to mention is that the customer just kicked us out because the competion offered tickets to the World Series. There is millions of situations that drivers have no clue about. To the guy touting 100% marketshare.....I love it. It almost clinches it for me that YRC is going to be YRC who very soon???? Like I said before, keep up your *****ing and your moaning. The idea is proactive...not reactive but hey....keep it up. I managed CF guys and St. J guys...all had but one thing to say, I wish I had watched the signs. You want a sign, ask your TMs what their Cap Ex in 2009 is going to be. That should be interesting. As for the guy saying CCX pulled the pension plan. That's about 25% accurate. The truth is they aren't taking any new participants and the pension fund will not grow and be froze after 2015. You still get your pension. What you fail to report is the freaking crazy increases in 401k contributions CCX decided to give instead. Yeah...I know; it didn't have "pension" in the title and a lot of folks turned into Henny Penny. The funny thing is...people who have never worked for CCX and had no plans to work for CCX *****ed more about this change then actual CCX drivers. Maybe it's because CCX DSRs had the truth? I don't even work for CCX and I'm still getting a pension. And finally, to my YRC buddy who gave me the finger; this is me the day of your shutdown:hysterical:.

Fed ex might want to worry about being sued by the irs and the contractors whom they employ.that's fed ex express but under the same umbrella

even if we sued it would be stuck in court for years.and by that time it would be to late.and what ever we get isn't going to save us

No wonder...

fed ex sales reps telling rdwy/yellow customers that where going out of business sending faxes and letters telling them to get there freight routed to them before it's to late. It's time to take the gloves off with these non-union carries and go back to the way the 50's 60's where and get the baseball bats out. tired of playing games with these boys.

:chairshot:

:Violin:

Get the baseball bats out??? Now that's professional driver material if I have ever heard it. Because the non-unions are beating the union carriers in biz practices your are going to get out the bats and do what?