FedEx Freight | FedEx Accident in CCI

Disagree

The real tragedy is that this driver's career is over. I won't pretend to know why he f***** up like he did...yet anyone watching the video can tell he was driving way to fast for the conditions.

The second tragedy is that way too many of our employees will sit around lamenting that this driver is done at both FedEx, and in the industry; no one worth working for will hire him: Of course, that assumes he has a CDL after the authorities are done with him.

The bottom line here? Drive like your life depends upon your every action; because it does.

We're all just one mistake away from a coffin; or worse, an 8 x 10 cell.

Be safe.

Jeff

wanted to say I dont think this drivers career is over. He was in a accident who will be most likely blammed. He struck a vehicle that wasnt moving. But to say his future as a truck driver is over I dont agree with.

Ohio State Police And Fedex Crash

Uhh why would he put chains on on a bare road? If he knew it was icy he wouldn't have been going that fast. Chains are for the snowy mountains out west and if it's bad enough that you would need to put them on then you would just park the truck. Plus I doubt that he would even have chains to put on being in Ohio.

On a road like that chains aint doin nothin.....Bout all they do for ya is help you drag you butt up and down the mountains.....Roads like that is just hang on adn follow as far back as you can....And keep in mind that EVERY four wheeler is out to ruin your night.....Guess the fellow in the 2nd car couldn't see the blinking lights and flashers....Oh those means danger....Well I never!!!!!

Desert driver?

Gee, chains would of helped huh? Just a half hour of time to chain would have been safer for everyone around.

You must not get much ice out your way. All chains would do is slow down your top speed. They don't do crap on ice. They only work on snow.

The weather channel will interview the driver of the Fed EX truck Thurday evening after 9pm. Hope this isn't too late..

The weather channel will interview the driver of the Fed EX truck Thurday evening after 9pm. Hope this isn't too late..

The real tragedy is that this driver's career is over. I won't pretend to know why he f***** up like he did...yet anyone watching the video can tell he was driving way to fast for the conditions.

The second tragedy is that way too many of our employees will sit around lamenting that this driver is done at both FedEx, and in the industry; no one worth working for will hire him: Of course, that assumes he has a CDL after the authorities are done with him.

The bottom line here? Drive like your life depends upon your every action; because it does.

We're all just one mistake away from a coffin; or worse, an 8 x 10 cell.

Be safe.

Jeff

Good post . You are right we can not let our guard down for a split second.

trippleshot welcome to trucking boards.:smilie_132: Nice to have you along for the ride. Yes it should make all of us think.

Title says Ohio State police but wasn't this in Erlanger, Kentucky?

Ok guys, Here is the scoop. The driver is out of Little Rock, I talked to him today, he is not hurt, (well maybe a little dent in pride). The reason it looks like he was going to fast is because at that spot is the first ice they had seen all day. The wreck was on a bridge in a slow curve. He was on the bridge before he knew it was slick, black ice. The cop that was there had just been hit by the other car and a third car just spun out there too.
The red car was a Mercades and the rear trailer went OVER it. The guy inside was not really hurt, went to the hospital to get checked out, was talking to everyone before he left. Our driver drove the set to the yard.
He has been given 3 days off while the powers that be look into the crash. NO TICKETS WERE GIVEN

Most of our trucks don't have chains, cables or anything else, just bare rubber.

A handful of our trucks in KCY have chains, they go to Colorado where they are mandated by law. Other than that you're on your own.

roog

Hope the driver keeps his job, black ice is one scary ride.
I'll admit, when I saw it on Inside Edition this afternoon, I nearly had to duck out of the way, thats how up close and personal the video footage was.

As long as there were no deaths. Everyone will heal.

Video On Demand

:funky: NO ONE WAS HURT, THANK GOD!

Here's the video. This is scary.

<object width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;350&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPJWmL01_I&quot;></param><param name=&quot;wmode&quot; value=&quot;transparent&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPJWmL01_I&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; wmode=&quot;transparent&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;350&quot;></embed></object>

Not that it matters but why does the lead statement say &quot;Ohio State Police&quot; and the rest of the story says it happened in Northern Kentucky? I know it was on an Ohio news program and within twenty miles of Ohio. Just wondering, you know theres always one of us in every crowd.

wanted to say I dont think this drivers career is over. He was in a accident who will be most likely blammed. He struck a vehicle that wasnt moving. But to say his future as a truck driver is over I dont agree with.

Yeah what he said according to our drivers who run to cci the cop sent him on and did not site him for anything

Why does the lead statement say &quot;Ohio State Police&quot; and the rest of the story says it happened in Northern Kentucky? I know it was on an Ohio news program and within twenty miles of Ohio.
The operative word or words is &quot;news program&quot;. When was the last time you've seen or read a story where the reporter got all the facts right?
Around here they're lucky to pronounce the town's name right. They'll show a piece about global warning followed by a piece on how to survive the bitterly cold winter we're having.
It's more important to sensationlize the story than to worry about facts. Some of the national people called it a FedEx Express truck carrying Valantines Day packages.
News media doesn't have a clue.

Oh yeah. Wanted to add, the national news isn't showing the entire video. Just where the truck is seen entering the picture.
Little has been said about the wrecks that had happened that caused the driver to hit brakes.

Fed-Ex mishap

I'm with all of the other LTL night drivers, it's a different type of world, driving at night.
I'm so Thankful that no one was hurt. Trucks and cars can be replaced. Praise God for his gracious hand on all the people that night. I hope and pray for the drivers job w/Fed-ex.
Let's all be careful BigW-RD :USA: