FedEx Freight | Fedex buys Genco

It is a wonderful thing. Perhaps no one will mind at all as they sit home and all the logistics carriers continue to run? They will route it with the lowest cost carrier from the network.

Good. Will probably help Fedex since we are very efficient.

Really? Anything good for FedEx' bottom line, is good for the Hammer? Even if that means sitting home, not working? Is that what I'm hearing, or am I missing something? I want to believe I missed your point, somewhere...

Really? Anything good for FedEx' bottom line, is good for the Hammer? Even if that means sitting home, not working? Is that what I'm hearing, or am I missing something? I want to believe I missed your point, somewhere...
My meaning was we will not sit home because we can be low cost and still make money.

Because fedex owns the company. You don't think they bought it so YRC would get more freight do you?
Did you ever take a look at MIQ logistics like I mentioned? You owe it to yourself to take a good look at what is happening here. There is a distinct possibility freight that was once on your trailers could be hauled by YRC if they are competitive in a particular lane. I have filed grievances on this exact same thing.

Because fedex owns the company. You don't think they bought it so YRC would get more freight do you?
I picked up many a shipment on a YRC trailer that was brokered by UPS Logistics
If you think Fred is going to put all this 3pl freight on his trailers your in for a surprise. And those trailer loads ? Why pay a Fed-x driver and Fred's equipment to run it when you got people running down the road for nothing and will help them get to Bankruptcy faster.
Wake up kids

So when they cut my bid run to put two pups on a PT trailer I'm not sitting at home?

Then where the :censored: am I sitting?

I'm sure as hell not sitting in anything owned by FedEx pulling FedEx freight!
At our center, there's mornings where our yard looks like any local truck stop with all the PT's on hand....but we also have a 20 something man xtra board that gets exhausted everyday and we go 10, 12, 13 deep into the city's unassigned board.
PT are "supposed" to be used in lanes where the meet center has no freight...it's more cost effective to run purchase than to run a set of empties down the road....and in some cases PT aren't available so we must run empties.
In the winter months, yes, we'd all like to work everyday but there will be some days where the PT's run and we sit at home because the meet center doesn't have freight....it's just more cost effective.
IMO, the only solution to this problem is for every center to secure more freight!

I picked up many a shipment on a YRC trailer that was brokered by UPS Logistics
If you think Fred is going to put all this 3pl freight on his trailers your in for a surprise. And those trailer loads ? Why pay a Fed-x driver and Fred's equipment to run it when you got people running down the road for nothing and will help them get to Bankruptcy faster.
Wake up kids
Fedex is an LTL carrier not a truckload carrier. Wouldn't affect us.

So when they cut my bid run to put two pups on a PT trailer I'm not sitting at home?

Then where the :censored: am I sitting?

I'm sure as hell not sitting in anything owned by FedEx pulling FedEx freight!
Maybe a little more home time will give you better insight to agitate the fecal matter Mr. Head.

If FedEx owns a 3rd party logistics company, the number one goal of that company will be to save that company's customers money, by finding the cheapest source for their shipping needs. If that means directing them to YRC, Conway, OD, etc., that is what they must do, if they expect to keep said customers. The benefit might be the ability to "match" the cheapest carrier, meaning the tie will go to a FedEx Op-Co... Otherwise, little overall effect on us, IMHO

At our center, there's mornings where our yard looks like any local truck stop with all the PT's on hand....but we also have a 20 something man xtra board that gets exhausted everyday and we go 10, 12, 13 deep into the city's unassigned board.
PT are "supposed" to be used in lanes where the meet center has no freight...it's more cost effective to run purchase than to run a set of empties down the road....and in some cases PT aren't available so we must run empties.
In the winter months, yes, we'd all like to work everyday but there will be some days where the PT's run and we sit at home because the meet center doesn't have freight....it's just more cost effective.
IMO, the only solution to this problem is for every center to secure more freight!
But, when we load up those cheaper PT trailers and then run empty right along side them to cover freight going the other way, we're saving oh so much money.
Out here on the left coast, we had a department whose sole function was to mitigate empty miles. They did it very well, as we moved freight both directions and made a ::shit:: load of money. As this department didn't fit in with Larry and Pat's business model, they were let go.

Why is this a bad thing. Meeting goals and not having the "I am a union member and that's not in the contract" mentality are why we are profitable enough to buy them. Efficiency is a good thing.
In response to my post earlier of "That waiting will all change when they put on the purple. The former Genco workers will get FedEx goals just like we do."
Can you explain why you think I think that this is a bad thing? Where in my statement did I say anything about the union?

I'm going to stick this right here so I won't ruffle Jeffery's feathers by starting a new thread. Just saw the 2015 list of the 50 best companies to work for with over 500 employees as far as pay and benefits go. Fedex or any of its affiliates including Genco didn't make the list. Mostly high tech and medical were in the top 15. For all if you on the left coast, in & out hamburger was number 8. I guess the old adage of get a good education or you will be flipping hamburgers the rest of your life wasn't true. TP

If FedEx owns a 3rd party logistics company, the number one goal of that company will be to save that company's customers money, by finding the cheapest source for their shipping needs. If that means directing them to YRC, Conway, OD, etc., that is what they must do, if they expect to keep said customers. The benefit might be the ability to "match" the cheapest carrier, meaning the tie will go to a FedEx Op-Co... Otherwise, little overall effect on us, IMHO
I believe we will get more, not less freight out of a company now owned by our parent company. Even if Nothing else changed other than the ability to "match" as you stated that would still be a net gain.

It all depends how your rates are, ups owns a nation wide chain of warehouses .at The three in our area around Harrisburg pa they use a Web based program that they enter the info and it tells them who to ship each shipment with.
It's nothing to go in there and see 4 different companies there picking up.
Now that I'm thinking about it I think FedEx freight has a drop trailer at the end of their dock.
So I'm sure you'll get something out of them, but I'm also sure you guys already do.

So with the addition of so many choices, why pay you to run when they can farm it out and leave you home? Cost remember? You are damned expensive driver.
Because most shippers want their freight in a timely manner. BTW that is our specialty at Big Purple. We don't hold freight like YRC. We get it there on time. That's a big part of why we surpassed you and are now number 1.

Because most shippers want their freight in a timely manner. BTW that is our specialty at Big Purple. We don't hold freight like YRC. We get it there on time. That's a big part of why we surpassed you and are now number 1.
All the hard work FedEx employees have done to make that company #1 Its my opinion you all should have the wages and benefits like a number one company.