FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. I worked for a union carrier and did not like it so I quit. I said never again. I then went to work at a company that petitioned to vote after I was there a couple years (compared to other local workers in the same field, mainly union, our pay and benefits were definitely lagging behind). Anyway things were going great once everyone heard rumors of raises and a couple other perks. So we voted "no". I was a major player in the push for the no vote based on the changes that were to be made.Fast forward 6 months or so, time for annual cost of living increases,"none",medical insurance premiums, increased. Pressure on employees that initiated the quest was bad and so most of them quit. After just over a year went by the union was contacted again. Their reply "sorry". Unless we get at least 90% of your people to contact us directly we can't help. We took a big hit last time and can't take the chance again right now. So I found out what happens after the fact and finally had to quit that job. Now I know what being united can really do for a workforce. The pressure of a union does put pressure on a company to listen but they know how sweet talk some and scare others in to a no vote. Why does everything you do outside of your job involve something in writing? Because otherwise words mean nothing.
My BS meter is blowing up!!!
Not a you personally, I don't know you, your circumstances, or if your experiences are true.
My BS meter just short circuited when you posted that the union said "sorry" and wouldn't come back after you decided to give the company another chance and voted no! Bahahahaha!!! The union is a business and they're in the business to make MONEY!!!! They're like and old dog...you can scold them, beat them, and put them in the backyard for three days with no food but as soon as you open the door they come back running!!! (I don't condone the abuse of animals, this was just an analogy)
The teamsters don't care about "you" and your wages, insurance, or working conditions, all they want is your money and they play off of your emotions in order to get your money...just like a used car salesman does when he uses your emotions to get you to overpay for their overpriced vehicle! Have you ever walked away from a deal only to have them chase you down? Or you come back days later and they're still there waiting with that "deal of the century?" The union is no different!

I'm surprised at the people who actually liked your post...they're the same ones who say if the company doesn't respond in six months, the centers who pulled their petitions would run right back to the union!
Sounds contradicting to me!

Not a you personally, I don't know you, your circumstances, or if your experiences are true.
My BS meter just short circuited when you posted that the union said "sorry" and wouldn't come back after you decided to give the company another chance and voted no! Bahahahaha!!! The union is a business and they're in the business to make MONEY!!!! They're like and old dog...you can scold them, beat them, and put them in the backyard for three days with no food but as soon as you open the door they come back running!!! (I don't condone the abuse of animals, this was just an analogy)
The teamsters don't care about "you" and your wages, insurance, or working conditions, all they want is your money and they play off of your emotions in order to get your money...just like a used car salesman does when he uses your emotions to get you to overpay for their overpriced vehicle! Have you ever walked away from a deal only to have them chase you down? Or you come back days later and they're still there waiting with that "deal of the century?" The union is no different!

I'm surprised at the people who actually liked your post...they're the same ones who say if the company doesn't respond in six months, the centers who pulled their petitions would run right back to the union!
Really? You know how unions operate..hmmm.I guess you really inflated yourself in the know it all department.lol

My experiences are true and I did not say this was the teamsters because it was not. I spoke only of personal experience and not second hand "BS". You only think you know all about the unions out there. There is good and bad in everything.

My BS meter just short circuited when you posted that the union said "sorry" and wouldn't come back after you decided to give the company another chance and voted no! Bahahahaha!!! The union is a business and they're in the business to make MONEY!!!! They're like and old dog...

Actually, there is a lot of truth in what he is saying. Did you know that a lot of CA locations are being told they need 70+ % cards signed, because the union "has been down this road before"? There is a cost associated with answering the call. There is also a cost associated with backing out... the fact is neither side wants to be used.

As for the burden being on the company at the pulled locations, I believe that too to be true. This is ongoing at those places, and if "sufficient" support returns, then it will be a force to be reckoned with. I expect the Teamsters will determine how much support is "sufficient", to justify their commitment.

A better analogy might be that the drivers at the pulled locations hold the face cards, but right now, the Company holds the wild cards.

I don't need to pay someone to talk for me like you do.
I guess you are special because no one here listens to anyone in my position. Well actually they go thru the motions, you know, awha, awha, awha O.K. we will see what we can do about that. The old in one ear and out the other. On the other hand the word teamsters comes up and now they really want to listen (and even apologise for not listening in the past). Any one of us can "talk" and I can surely speak for myself, but it often takes a large of number of speakers to convince the right people to sit down and really listen.

Heck I wish you all would just get a union in.Just for the sake of having one.Give the labor more power.This is not a popularity contest.Where some just dislike the Teamsters or some like them.Neither parties have to like each other.Business is business.Each and everyone in labor is business.personal business.Together as one all of your persons can get things done for the better.

I guess you are special because no one here listens to anyone in my position. Well actually they go thru the motions, you know, awha, awha, awha O.K. we will see what we can do about that. The old in one ear and out the other. On the other hand the word teamsters comes up and now they really want to listen (and even apologise for not listening in the past). Any one of us can "talk" and I can surely speak for myself, but it often takes a large of number of speakers to convince the right people to sit down and really listen.
Like Red Racer said before the threat of the union is a better answer than actually unionizing with all of the pitfalls involved with the teamsters.

Actually, there is a lot of truth in what he is saying. Did you know that a lot of CA locations are being told they need 70+ % cards signed, because the union "has been down this road before"? There is a cost associated with answering the call. There is also a cost associated with backing out... the fact is neither side wants to be used.

As for the burden being on the company at the pulled locations, I believe that too to be true. This is ongoing at those places, and if "sufficient" support returns, then it will be a force to be reckoned with. I expect the Teamsters will determine how much support is "sufficient", to justify their commitment.

A better analogy might be that the drivers at the pulled locations hold the face cards, but right now, the Company holds the wild cards.
Wouldn't be surprised to see the teamsters throw in the towel pretty soon. Looks like they miscalculated in WV. They are getting weaker and won't be likely to keep spending on a lost cause.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the teamsters throw in the towel pretty soon. Looks like they miscalculated in WV. They are getting weaker and won't be likely to keep spending on a lost cause.
That towel will be used to wipe the brows of the busters. The big guns are entertaining the game. Stay tuned for more petitioners to push forward.

Your old friend crazy trucker! Are you sure your not a paid organizer? You take this awful personal considering it doesn't affect you any more than me.
Nothing is a lock unless the company agrees to accept the signed cards. Some barns are stronger than others. We lost one in this area around 80 percent. The company beat them up for 6 weeks prior to the vote. Paid organizer? Ask Jeffro for my IP address. Want a check stub? I'm paid well but not for organizing. Personal? How do you figure? Your nose get bent out of shape for some reason?

That towel will be used to wipe the brows of the busters. The big guns are entertaining the game. Stay tuned for more petitioners to push forward.
Only to be pulled at the last minute, or no votes you mean. It will soon be over. No profit for the teamsters under the current tidal wave of anti union sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.