FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear, Former YRC driver who jumped to our ship while yours was sinking, did you even read my post? Pretty sure I stated that I too want better pay and bennies. And why would you even compare us an LTL trucking company to the likes of the Van drivers at DHL and UPS package? Apples to oranges. It is a fact about the 1,000,000 teamster reduction over the last 20 yrs. A driver shortage means just that "a shortage" of drivers for the available positions. It doesn't mean no drivers entering the field as you state. As far as entry level pay it has less to do with experience than it does with supply vs. demand and what would entry level pay have to do with what an experienced driver already at the company makes anyway? If you don't like having to work hard for your pay maybe you can go back to one of the union carriers. Oh yeah that's right they aren't hiring because they are shrinking as opposed to growing like Fedex. Remember we don't need you, you needed us. We don't need to be like your former employer. Maybe you can recall why you left.

Thats a shame you refuse to read ANY of the links I provided. They will help clear up any misconceptions you have. Here's another on your claim that there is a driver 'shortage'. Please read and at least prove your points instead of giving off 'illusionary' facts you've heard over the CB radio. http://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportati...g/heavy-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm

Again, please read the links I provided. I beleive I have shattered all your 'facts' at this point.

Last edited:
Someone who goes by the name "Crazy" and has trouble reading calls me a fool. Lol
I'm still not sure why you waste your time responding to his nonsense, some people you just have to ignore!
Why not wait until he actually post something worth responding to?
In that case, you may want to pack several lunches as well, you'll be waiting a while too!

Do you other Fedex drivers wonder as I do why the majority of pro union posters on our site don't even work for Fedex. Most are either driver for YRC, ABF,UPSF, or Holland. Many are union organizers or officials just here to stir the pot and trying to unionize Fedex. Does it make sense for competitors to try to "help us out" just because they care about us. Their motives should be very clear. Maybe they think our dues money and Fedex,s contributions would bail out their failing pensions. Or maybe with Fedex being the LTL market leader in both volume and revenue they feel threatened by our increasing growth while they struggle to be profitable. Notice some of their names such as ABFer, YRC-arm, UPSer, 222 lifer whose profile also lists as Union Thug. Even some of the purported Fedex drivers are former union drivers who came to us when their jobs dried up at their failing companies such as Bladerunner 2000. Maybe he thinks he can get more time for his pension added if we become union. Why listen to these clowns who have an ulterior motive that you can bet isn't to help us out. I will be the first to admit that out management has made mistakes, with scorecard being the most glaring one, but they seem to be changing for the better. Scorecard is gone. Vacation scheduling has been tweaked for the better. They got rid of the big wheels who started the whole mess. Many of the posts are in regard to our benefits. The union talk started because of the Scorecard and other safety infraction policies period. The benefit issues have been trumpeted once the pro supporters couldn't blame it on the safety policies after they were changed for the better. While I too would like and appreciate more money, better insurance, and a stronger pension, the teamsters are not the answer. With the current shortage of qualified drivers the marketplace will force companies to up the ante in order to keep their workers from jumping to another carrier. Just look at Conways recent pay increases as an example. They were losing drivers to us, but now their pay is comparable. The pro guys always point to UPSF as their "golden child" but one thing to remember they are very new to being unionized and haven't had time for any declines to occur yet as with the older companies. As far as their raises go they are locked in to small, as in 50 cent raises for the next several years by their contract. We in the meanwhile will be getting substantial raises due to the aforementioned driver shortage. In short do you really trust the teamsters with their proven track record of corruption and bankrupt companies with your future. Remember they have lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years. There are good reasons for this. I am sure that the pro side, who as I said,don't even work for us will try to discredit me with name calling such as redshirt etc. I assure you that I am a proud Fedex "driver" just like the rest of you.

Hammer, I understand your position, but throwing out the PENSION myth, while it may sound good, is just false. We all know that union dues do not go toward union drivers' pensions.

The purpose of the Teamsters "wanting " FedEx to join, has nothing to do with propping up pensions, but is all about securing more customers. Every business wants more customers for their service.

While I'll admit, the scorecard was a big factor in starting the movement to seek representation, it's not the only thing drivers are concerned about. I won't recite them here, different drivers have different main issues.

You Mention Conway (with their raise), being comparable. Depending on the area, their hourly rate could be as much as $1.80/hour more than our's. Is that "comparable?

One reason you don't see as many fedex drivers posting lately? Most, myself included, are waiting to see, giving the company a chance. It's part of the process. The company has a chance. This is/should not be an "end of the world" discussion, for either side. We'll all be fine.

Don't see any real reason to go on and on about it... Give it a few months and see what happens...

Hammer, I understand your position, but throwing out the PENSION myth, while it may sound good, is just false. We all know that union dues do not go toward union drivers' pensions.

The purpose of the Teamsters "wanting " FedEx to join, has nothing to do with propping up pensions, but is all about securing more customers. Every business wants more customers for their service.

While I'll admit, the scorecard was a big factor in starting the movement to seek representation, it's not the only thing drivers are concerned about. I won't recite them here, different drivers have different main issues.

You Mention Conway (with their raise), being comparable. Depending on the area, their hourly rate could be as much as $1.80/hour more than our's. Is that "comparable?

One reason you don't see as many fedex drivers posting lately? Most, myself included, are waiting to see, giving the company a chance. It's part of the process. The company has a chance. This is/should not be an "end of the world" discussion, for either side. We'll all be fine.

Don't see any real reason to go on and on about it... Give it a few months and see what happens...
The pro union guys from other companies sure aren't giving it a rest. I guess you would like only that side to be active. I will continue to post thank you very much. You may not think it is the end of the world but it is extremely important just the same. The example of "Conway" was in reference to the size of the raises. Keep twisting the facts......

The pro union guys from other companies sure aren't giving it a rest. I guess you would like only that side to be active. I will continue to post thank you very much. You may not think it is the end of the world but it is extremely important just the same. The example of "Conway" was in reference to the size of the raises. Keep twisting the facts......
It doesn't really concern me, as far as who is "active". I was only pointing ou why "fewer" fxfe drivers are participating in the discussion, right now.

I don't suggest that you (or anyone) not post. I mean that I see no reason (for me) to go on and on about it.

Have a great day... really, I mean that.

The real goal of the union isn't to improve anything at fedex freight; it's to slow down the growth of fedex freight, so yrc and abf don't collapse under the weight of the unions failure to deal with deregulation. Hoffa had the opportunity to accept a great contract at ups freight. He walked away to save yrc and abf. Why does anyone work for yrc or abf when they could go to UPSF?

It doesn't really concern me, as far as who is "active". I was only pointing ou why "fewer" fxfe drivers are participating in the discussion, right now.

I don't suggest that you (or anyone) not post. I mean that I see no reason (for me) to go on and on about it.

Have a great day... really, I mea
Do you other Fedex drivers wonder as I do why the majority of pro union posters on our site don't even work for Fedex. Most are either driver for YRC, ABF,UPSF, or Holland. Many are union organizers or officials just here to stir the pot and trying to unionize Fedex. Does it make sense for competitors to try to "help us out" just because they care about us. Their motives should be very clear. Maybe they think our dues money and Fedex,s contributions would bail out their failing pensions. Or maybe with Fedex being the LTL market leader in both volume and revenue they feel threatened by our increasing growth while they struggle to be profitable. Notice some of their names such as ABFer, YRC-arm, UPSer, 222 lifer whose profile also lists as Union Thug. Even some of the purported Fedex drivers are former union drivers who came to us when their jobs dried up at their failing companies such as Bladerunner 2000. Maybe he thinks he can get more time for his pension added if we become union. Why listen to these clowns who have an ulterior motive that you can bet isn't to help us out. I will be the first to admit that out management has made mistakes, with scorecard being the most glaring one, but they seem to be changing for the better. Scorecard is gone. Vacation scheduling has been tweaked for the better. They got rid of the big wheels who started the whole mess. Many of the posts are in regard to our benefits. The union talk started because of the Scorecard and other safety infraction policies period. The benefit issues have been trumpeted once the pro supporters couldn't blame it on the safety policies after they were changed for the better. While I too would like and appreciate more money, better insurance, and a stronger pension, the teamsters are not the answer. With the current shortage of qualified drivers the marketplace will force companies to up the ante in order to keep their workers from jumping to another carrier. Just look at Conways recent pay increases as an example. They were losing drivers to us, but now their pay is comparable. The pro guys always point to UPSF as their "golden child" but one thing to remember they are very new to being unionized and haven't had time for any declines to occur yet as with the older companies. As far as their raises go they are locked in to small, as in 50 cent raises for the next several years by their contract. We in the meanwhile will be getting substantial raises due to the aforementioned driver shortage. In short do you really trust the teamsters with their proven track record of corruption and bankrupt companies with your future. Remember they have lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years. There are good reasons for this. I am sure that the pro side, who as I said,don't even work for us will try to discredit me with name calling such as redshirt etc. I assure you that I am a proud Fedex "driver" just like the rest of you.
I knew once a FXF driver announced he was happy working at FXF, that would ruffle the feathers of the Union drum beaters. How can this be, the union has better benefits, pay, retirement, and working conditions. I've even heard claims that Union drivers live longer, although if you have ever driven some of their equipment I find that answer questionable. I started in the freight game in 1967 when Union freight companies were king. So what happen to all those great Union Freight Companies? I believe it was a combination of poor management, deregulation, and unworkable work rules. When changes were need to be made to stay completive and profitable, the union companies weren't able to respond to the changing conditions. When they ask the Union for help, the Unions answer was to put pickets at the front gate. The nonunion companies like Viking, Conway, and AF were able to respond to the changing conditions and prosper. Overnite fought the union for the last five years they were in business until they were bought out by UPS. Overnite also froze the salaries and benefits of those terminals that voted the union in. They never did get a contract. It will be interesting to see what FXF does when the next raise comes in. I always thought Viking/FXF treated me fairly, and I'm happy with my retirement package. PS The grammar police are not allowed to attack Senior Citizens. TP

Dear, Former YRC driver who jumped to our ship while yours was sinking, did you even read my post? Pretty sure I stated that I too want better pay and bennies. And why would you even compare us an LTL trucking company to the likes of the Van drivers at DHL and UPS package? Apples to oranges. It is a fact about the 1,000,000 teamster reduction over the last 20 yrs. A driver shortage means just that "a shortage" of drivers for the available positions. It doesn't mean no drivers entering the field as you state. As far as entry level pay it has less to do with experience than it does with supply vs. demand and what would entry level pay have to do with what an experienced driver already at the company makes anyway? If you don't like having to work hard for your pay maybe you can go back to one of the union carriers. Oh yeah that's right they aren't hiring because they are shrinking as opposed to growing like Fedex. Remember we don't need you, you needed us. We don't need to be like your former employer. Maybe you can recall why you left.

former driver? i know all employees have a hand in the company profits, and all voices should be heard, but are mechanics any part of the current union drive?

I knew once a FXF driver announced he was happy working at FXF, that would ruffle the feathers of the Union drum beaters. How can this be, the union has better benefits, pay, retirement, and working conditions. I've even heard claims that Union drivers live longer, although if you have ever driven some of their equipment I find that answer questionable. I started in the freight game in 1967 when Union freight companies were king. So what happen to all those great Union Freight Companies? I believe it was a combination of poor management, deregulation, and unworkable work rules. When changes were need to be made to stay completive and profitable, the union companies weren't able to respond to the changing conditions. When they ask the Union for help, the Unions answer was to put pickets at the front gate. The nonunion companies like Viking, Conway, and AF were able to respond to the changing conditions and prosper. Overnite fought the union for the last five years they were in business until they were bought out by UPS. Overnite also froze the salaries and benefits of those terminals that voted the union in. They never did get a contract. It will be interesting to see what FXF does when the next raise comes in. I always thought Viking/FXF treated me fairly, and I'm happy with my retirement package. PS The grammar police are not allowed to attack Senior Citizens. TP

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30592942 Great article about the worldwide pension crisis....

Who going to go to once they say were done,for some minor bs???there is no job protection @ fedex period,they will screw you ..believe me

After 20 years, I've progressed from a file folder, to a file drawer, to my own file cabinet and I'm STILL here...I call BS on this over used comment!

The real goal of the union isn't to improve anything at fedex freight; it's to slow down the growth of fedex freight, so yrc and abf don't collapse under the weight of the unions failure to deal with deregulation. Hoffa had the opportunity to accept a great contract at ups freight. He walked away to save yrc and abf. Why does anyone work for yrc or abf when they could go to UPSF?

Really? The REAL Union goal is to slow down the growth of fedex? Huh? Incredible... I mean NOT credible! Teamsters Union would prosper most from a highly successful Union FedEx, not a failing union fedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.