FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew once a FXF driver announced he was happy working at FXF, that would ruffle the feathers of the Union drum beaters. How can this be, the union has better benefits, pay, retirement, and working conditions. I've even heard claims that Union drivers live longer, although if you have ever driven some of their equipment I find that answer questionable. I started in the freight game in 1967 when Union freight companies were king. So what happen to all those great Union Freight Companies? I believe it was a combination of poor management, deregulation, and unworkable work rules. When changes were need to be made to stay completive and profitable, the union companies weren't able to respond to the changing conditions. When they ask the Union for help, the Unions answer was to put pickets at the front gate. The nonunion companies like Viking, Conway, and AF were able to respond to the changing conditions and prosper. Overnite fought the union for the last five years they were in business until they were bought out by UPS. Overnite also froze the salaries and benefits of those terminals that voted the union in. They never did get a contract. It will be interesting to see what FXF does when the next raise comes in. I always thought Viking/FXF treated me fairly, and I'm happy with my retirement package. PS The grammar police are not allowed to attack Senior Citizens. TP
Really? The REAL Union goal is to slow down the growth of fedex? Huh? Incredible... I mean NOT credible! Teamsters Union would prosper most from a highly successful Union FedEx, not a failing union fedex.
Really? The REAL Union goal is to slow down the growth of fedex? Huh? Incredible... I mean NOT credible! Teamsters Union would prosper most from a highly successful Union FedEx, not a failing union fedex.
how true..

My union ltl company has been on an all out hiring spree for the last 15 months. So there is another falsehood exposed.

Looking for Drivers and Hiring Drivers are two different things. You can post AD 's for drivers all you want, but i don't see people flocking to YRC for a job. 15 months and still looking for drivers, you don't have that much freight to move.

Is it just a coincience that the Non - Union carriers are the ones with good managment, stay profitble and stay in business, and that all the BAD Management is working for the union carriers and putting companies out of businees. MAYBE, highly doughtful, but MAYBE.

Looking for Drivers and Hiring Drivers are two different things. You can post AD 's for drivers all you want, but i don't see people flocking to YRC for a job. 15 months and still looking for drivers, you don't have that much freight to move.
Hired 20 in the last 12 months. Average inbound is 1100 bills and 1.4 million pounds. Outbound has been doing about 1000 bills and 1.6 million pounds per day.

Hired 20 in the last 12 months. Average inbound is 1100 bills and 1.4 million pounds. Outbound has been doing about 1000 bills and 1.6 million pounds per day.
Wonder why YRC still can't turn a profit with all of that freight? Especially with the 15 percent paycut, reduced pension contributions, and reduced vacations for drivers. Oh yeah that's right you said it was bad management. Weird how poor management seems to plague only the union carriers isn't it? On the other hand Fedex is doing just fine without the union. Union job security. Lmao

Wonder why YRC still can't turn a profit with all of that freight? Especially with the 15 percent paycut, reduced pension contributions, and reduced vacations for drivers. Oh yeah that's right you said it was bad management. Weird how poor management seems to plague only the union carriers isn't it? On the other hand Fedex is doing just fine without the union. Union job security. Lmao
Dont drive for yrc

10926429_10204813968725485_7504177390027249484_n.jpg

Go Union

Their inability to be consistently profitable might have just a teensy bit to do with their debt load.

I knew once a FXF driver announced he was happy working at FXF, that would ruffle the feathers of the Union drum beaters. How can this be, the union has better benefits, pay, retirement, and working conditions. I've even heard claims that Union drivers live longer, although if you have ever driven some of their equipment I find that answer questionable. I started in the freight game in 1967 when Union freight companies were king. So what happen to all those great Union Freight Companies? I believe it was a combination of poor management, deregulation, and unworkable work rules. When changes were need to be made to stay completive and profitable, the union companies weren't able to respond to the changing conditions. When they ask the Union for help, the Unions answer was to put pickets at the front gate. The nonunion companies like Viking, Conway, and AF were able to respond to the changing conditions and prosper. Overnite fought the union for the last five years they were in business until they were bought out by UPS. Overnite also froze the salaries and benefits of those terminals that voted the union in. They never did get a contract. It will be interesting to see what FXF does when the next raise comes in. I always thought Viking/FXF treated me fairly, and I'm happy with my retirement package. PS The grammar police are not allowed to attack Senior Citizens. TP
I find it just a little interesting that two of the three highly successful nonunion companies that you mentioned were previously wholly owned by union companies. Their function was to move freight siphoned away from Union drivers, much like we do with rail and PT.

Wonder why YRC still can't turn a profit with all of that freight? Especially with the 15 percent pay cut, reduced pension contributions, and reduced vacations for drivers. Oh yeah that's right you said it was bad management. Weird how poor management seems to plague only the union carriers isn't it? On the other hand FedEx is doing just fine without the union. Union job security. Lmao

Well Sir, if we are hauling that much freight with givebacks and still don't turn a profit, I guess it WOULD be a management problem now wouldn't it. Besides we are operating around 94-95 so we ARE making money. And we got back the freight FedEx took during their 90/90 debacle. Seems the customers want their freight intact. Go figure

Last edited by a moderator:
I will let you guess where the majority of Fedex drivers think the union can go. Hint. A snowballs chance in .......

From the drivers I've spoken with, some are, some are not but most of those are willing to listen. That's a start. But you would rather sit back and do nothing with your 3...wait, sorry "3.5%" 401k.

Status
Not open for further replies.