Yellow | FIRE AWAY, YOUR THOUGHTS.

So, buy a late 60's/early 70's C-10, take it to the local body shop. Fit it with a nice crate 350 and do some interior work. For less than 25K you will have a solid American vehicle that is refurbished and dependable. Not only have you kept to American made, you have spent your money in your community. It's a win/win. And you're driving a classic that can be fixed more easily without all the electronic BS on today's vehicles. Just sayin', there are options!

Your option is the best, they aren't kidding when they say "they don't make them like they used to"! My father's 2004 duramax' frame rotted to the point of no repair in may. 12 years is NOT the lifespan of a 3/4 ton pickup, that's why I sold mine and bought a used toyota.

So, buy a late 60's/early 70's C-10, take it to the local body shop. Fit it with a nice crate 350 and do some interior work. For less than 25K you will have a solid American vehicle that is refurbished and dependable. Not only have you kept to American made, you have spent your money in your community. It's a win/win. And you're driving a classic that can be fixed more easily without all the electronic BS on today's vehicles. Just sayin', there are options!
Built a few myself in the past. The problem today is we like to take the grandkids and other family members with us and the older trucks don't have the room or the comfort. The Toyota Tundra crewmax fits the bill and is made here in San Antonio Texas.

Your option is the best, they aren't kidding when they say "they don't make them like they used to"! My father's 2004 duramax' frame rotted to the point of no repair in may. 12 years is NOT the lifespan of a 3/4 ton pickup, that's why I sold mine and bought a used toyota.
get an M-1008. had mine 20 years, love it. no computer crap. easy to work on if something goes bad...:bananag::bananag::bananag::bananag::bananag:

These companies don't think like that anymore, and they have so many sweetheart agreements to cut wages it's a moot point. Gm, ford, and Chrysler were all on the nafta bandwagon. Meanwhile, foreign comeanies are coming here, creating jobs. The uaw will agree to any contract, as long as they get dues at this point.

Fwiw, I drive a toyota fj cruiser, union made in japan, and a bmw 330ci, union made in Germany. Both great vehicles. The detroit companies need to step away from the idea that they need to be huge, and embrace the idea that every thing they do needs to be a great contender.

Nice rides..I'm not partial to any certain manufacturer...I used to only buy American until
I was in my 40's.Im in the market for an SUVs and for some reason I seem to like the Chevy Tahoe.I know nothing about mechanics so I really just try to compare and find the best value.Wife drives e. class Benz ( I can't afford the S class I run in the city).

Cool trucks, getting rarer by the day though, up here guys use them for plow trucks when they can find them.
I'd highly recommend a '99-'03 F-250 or F-350 with the International 7.3 diesel. The engine is bulletproof and there were countless numbers of them produced so parts availability is as good as it gets. Furthermore, many body parts from later years are interchangeable with little or no modification.

I live down the road from a gm dealer, gm has it down to a formula. Assembled in the USA with Mexican components, or assembled in Mexico with michigan components.

Why would I support a company that kicks the American worker in the teeth so bad? So I can buy a crappy, underengineered product?
If you remember GM was one of the largest corporations in the besides cars they also made refrigerators and ranges washing machines.and other great products that keep Americans working and fed the economy of this country and others..we can't compete with the cheap labor or Asia,I'll always buy American,and support the American workers:usa2:

I'd highly recommend a '99-'03 F-250 or F-350 with the International 7.3 diesel. The engine is bulletproof and there were countless numbers of them produced so parts availability is as good as it gets. Furthermore, many body parts from later years are interchangeable with little or no modification.

We use a LOT of salt here in buffalo, all those trucks are either rotten, or command a pretty penny. Not really impressed with ford engineering, either. Every time I break out the wrenches on the wife's ride there is always a wtf discovery about something.

Hate to say it, dunno about my yota yet, but my bmw is put together like they made a mechanic stand behind the engineer the entire time. Stupid easy to work on.

If you remember GM was one of the largest corporations in the besides cars they also made refrigerators and ranges washing machines.and other great products that keep Americans working and fed the economy of this country and others..we can't compete with the cheap labor or Asia,I'll always buy American,and support the American workers:usa2:

Don't go looking at a lot of their new stuff, you will look like Charlton heston at the end of planet of the apes.

The workers didn't offshore their own stuff, and to blame it on people buying imports is incorrect. When gm makes a crappy product, that doesn't last, and on top of that, repeatedly kicks their rust belt workforce in the balls, why be loyal?

My father, fwiw, sees it your way. Even though his 96 yamaha wolverine has had the ::shit:: beat out of it and keeps on ticking, he ignores the fact that japan can make good stuff, and employ people over here while the big 3 are crying for more foreign work.

D8o5v8M.jpg

We use a LOT of salt here in buffalo, all those trucks are either rotten, or command a pretty penny. Not really impressed with ford engineering, either. Every time I break out the wrenches on the wife's ride there is always a wtf discovery about something.

Hate to say it, dunno about my yota yet, but my bmw is put together like they made a mechanic stand behind the engineer the entire time. Stupid easy to work on.
I drove my 1992 F-150 ten years 350,000 miles with very few problems. I still have my 2002 F-150 with 225,000 miles with few problems as a second vehicle. My new pick-up is a 2008 GMC basic long bed that I bought in 2011. It now has 70,000 miles on it. Both of the F-150's were just a basic pick-up that I bought brand new, and kept ten and fourteen years. The GMC is my first automatic transmission in thirty-six years. I have had good luck with basic pick-ups, work trucks.

Last edited:
Don't go looking at a lot of their new stuff, you will look like Charlton heston at the end of planet of the apes.

The workers didn't offshore their own stuff, and to blame it on people buying imports is incorrect. When gm makes a crappy product, that doesn't last, and on top of that, repeatedly kicks their rust belt workforce in the balls, why be loyal?

My father, fwiw, sees it your way. Even though his 96 yamaha wolverine has had the :::shit::: beat out of it and keeps on ticking, he ignores the fact that japan can make good stuff, and employ people over here while the big 3 are crying for more foreign work.
You old man and I are loyal bro the American workers.If your for buffalo .Lots of cars and suppliers there.American axle use to make all the axles for the American cars .where are they now.I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.ANCHOR BAR OR DUFFS.

Your old man and I are loyal to the American workers.If your from buffalo .there are lots of suppliers there Oh ,and doesn't Ford have have a plant there.American axle use to make all the axles for the American cars .Where are they now.I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.ANCHOR BAR OR DUFFS.

Now your talking.Ain't that the truth

Built a few myself in the past. The problem today is we like to take the grandkids and other family members with us and the older trucks don't have the room or the comfort. The Toyota Tundra crewmax fits the bill and is made here in San Antonio Texas.
Where are the parts made ,Does Toyota have parts vendor and suppliers that employ americans .Find me a place here that stamps fender body panels engines or makes rear ends or bearings .The foreign guys can't say that .I get assembled in America,but they can't and shouldn't say made in America.

You old man and I are loyal bro the American workers.If your for buffalo .Lots of cars and suppliers there.American axle use to make all the axles for the American cars .where are they now.I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.ANCHOR BAR OR DUFFS.

Duffs, anchor is overrated.

And not to rain on the parade, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 49k for a Mexican chevy. I just got rid of my 2004 2500hd in october. 6.0, 5 speed nv4500, 4 10 rears, good worktruck. Except it left me stranded twice over electrical issues that screwed me over.you ever push a 3/4 ton ex cab longbed in 95 degree weather? All I needed was bob seger singing like a rock. I was ready to set it on fire. Damn oil sendinG unit will shut down an OBDII vehicle if it goes bad, to protect the motor.

Where are the parts made ,Does Toyota have parts vendor and suppliers that employ americans .Find me a place here that stamps fender body panels engines or makes rear ends or bearings .The foreign guys can't say that .I get assembled in America,but they can't and shouldn't say made in America.

I was born in flint michigan, very little is made there compared to 20 years ago. Gm didn't have to move, they wanted to. Meanwhile, the imports are building factories here. Hard to be loyal to a company that's done nothing but kick your hometown in the teeth.

75% of the parts made in the U.S.‼️
Although the best-selling mainstream midsize sedan in the U.S. comes from a Japanese automaker, it’s nice to know that it boasts the most North American parts content among its peers. The 2015 Toyota Camry is composed of 75 percent North American content and 15 percent Japanese content. Final assembly is done in the U.S., and the engines and transmissions are sourced from either the U.S. or Japan.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/15-cars-with-the-most-north-american-made-parts/

Who would have thought the fifth-best-selling full-size truck from a Japanese automaker would have the most North American parts content on our list? In fact, the ToyotaTundra is the only full-size pickup on the list. The Toyota Tundra features 70 percent North American parts content and 15 percent Japanese parts content. Additionally, the Tundra was designed, engineered, and built in the U.S. That includes its engines and transmissions.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/15-trucks-suvs-vans-with-most-north-american-made-parts/

Last edited:
75% of the parts made in the U.S.‼️
Although the best-selling mainstream midsize sedan in the U.S. comes from a Japanese automaker, it’s nice to know that it boasts the most North American parts content among its peers. The 2015 Toyota Camry is composed of 75 percent North American content and 15 percent Japanese content. Final assembly is done in the U.S., and the engines and transmissions are sourced from either the U.S. or Japan.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/15-cars-with-the-most-north-american-made-parts/

Who would have thought the fifth-best-selling full-size truck from a Japanese automaker would have the most North American parts content on our list? In fact, the ToyotaTundra is the only full-size pickup on the list. The Toyota Tundra features 70 percent North American parts content and 15 percent Japanese parts content. Additionally, the Tundra was designed, engineered, and built in the U.S. That includes its engines and transmissions.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/15-trucks-suvs-vans-with-most-north-american-made-parts/