XPO | fired thread

its about time for that lean team to go by by look how much money conway has wasted its a shame it took another company to us us out for this to happen i guess from a drivers point we will have to wait till monday to see if we are still safe

They mentioned company resorts - I'm guessing R+L , maybe?
Definitely R and L. They called it a prmier LTL. They are bottom feeders and treat drivers terribly. A p and d guy told me that he had to buy his own pallet jack. I would never even consider working there.

Definitely R and L. They called it a prmier LTL. They are bottom feeders and treat drivers terribly. A p and d guy told me that he had to buy his own pallet jack. I would never even consider working there.

From what I read on these boards, con-way treated some drivers pretty terribly and others seem to love it there, it's a mixed bag anywhere you go, don't believe everything you read or hear. R+L is a great company, from what I understand drivers used to buy their own pallet jacks, but I've been here at R+L for 3 months now at the Fresno CA terminal, and I didn't have to buy one, it was provided to me by the company. I go to work, get my work done and go home. As long as you do your job its a great company to work for, they don't bug you, no cameras in the tractors, and no micro-managing. And top scale is 26 and some change per hour. I hope for the best for you guys, but you all know these 3PL companies really don't have employee satisfaction as a top priority. Good luck to ya'll.

Wait , you don't keep an extra pallet jack laying around? As a Con-way driver you've never "forgotten" one of the vintage (it's not old , really!) pallet jacks that you have to choose from ?

Yeah found that out Friday, R and L driver told me "but if it stops working they will fix it" Poor guy

I just read this piece on YRC's forum. they're having , for the most part, a grand old time w/ all the bloodletting at Conway since xpo took over the other night. No compassion or empathy from those guys for us. Problem is, it's not Conway drivers that are being let go, just non driving positions. At least lean will be gone. Hopefully, when the dust settles, those that lost their jobs will be able to find work elsewhere. I'll hope and pray the best for them.

I just read this piece on YRC's forum. they're having , for the most part, a grand old time w/ all the bloodletting at Conway since xpo took over the other night. No compassion or empathy from those guys for us. Problem is, it's not Conway drivers that are being let go, just non driving positions. At least lean will be gone. Hopefully, when the dust settles, those that lost their jobs will be able to find work elsewhere. I'll hope and pray the best for them.

Drivers ain't going anywhere unless they want to. This could become a Holland situation. Where the big company ruins the smaller one. It could happen. If it does, we have options.