XPO | fired thread

250 jobs cut Friday, more to come, lean is gone, like I have said for years to top heavy in management! Focused on management rather than the drivers! As a driver it has to be better than we had! No more lostway!!! Or Conway
Yeah, I agree. And hopefully now SCM's will begin focusing on treating us drivers better instead of zeroing in on their blasted 'score cards'.Will Jacobs even have such things going forward for his TM's?

its about time for that lean team to go by by look how much money conway has wasted its a shame it took another company to us us out for this to happen i guess from a drivers point we will have to wait till monday to see if we are still safe
Jacobs said himself in a news interview some time ago now w/ Bloomberg Business that there would be no layoffs of drivers.

its about time for that lean team to go by by look how much money conway has wasted its a shame it took another company to us us out for this to happen i guess from a drivers point we will have to wait till monday to see if we are still safe
Yeah, I agree, LEAN was such an idiotic and ridiculous concept to be applied to LTL trucking. Hopefully all the signs and labels will come down w/ it's demise too.

Jacobs said himself in a news interview some time ago now w/ Bloomberg Business that there would be no layoffs of drivers.
The drivers are safe, I believe. As stated earlier by another member in another forum, "the further you are from the freight the more danger of your job"! I agree.

Yeah, I agree. And hopefully now SCM's will begin focusing on treating us drivers better instead of zeroing in on their blasted 'score cards'.Will Jacobs even have such things going forward for his TM's?

To quote DC Velocity
" XPO pledged to improve Con-way's profit by up to $420 million over the next two years. Part of that will come from cost cuts." now with that said in paragraph two it states "Included in the cuts will be an entire layer of Con-way upper management, whose elimination will save it's new owner about 28 million a year; the managerial segment was not adding much VALUE to the organization." now doing some lean (basic) math that will equate to 13.3% in just one day not bad for a two year goal!

Wait , you don't keep an extra pallet jack laying around? As a Con-way driver you've never "forgotten" one of the vintage (it's not old , really!) pallet jacks that you have to choose from ?
Yeah kinda like the ones that the, ('bottom feeder'), junior. p&d guys get at my barn. I call those guys' jacks 'scrap metal'.

To quote DC Velocity
" XPO pledged to improve Con-way's profit by up to $420 million over the next two years. Part of that will come from cost cuts." now with that said in paragraph two it states "Included in the cuts will be an entire layer of Con-way upper management, whose elimination will save it's new owner about 28 million a year; the managerial segment was not adding much VALUE to the organization." now doing some lean (basic) math that will equate to 13.3% in just one day not bad for a two year goal!
Thank you!!

I just read this piece on YRC's forum. they're having , for the most part, a grand old time w/ all the bloodletting at Conway since xpo took over the other night. No compassion or empathy from those guys for us. Problem is, it's not Conway drivers that are being let go, just non driving positions. At least lean will be gone. Hopefully, when the dust settles, those that lost their jobs will be able to find work elsewhere. I'll hope and pray the best for them.
All we can do is hope XPO doesn't turn out to be the same kiss of death yellow frt always was.

Yeah, I agree, LEAN was such an idiotic and ridiculous concept to be applied to LTL trucking. Hopefully all the signs and labels will come down w/ it's demise too.
It sounds to me like the LEAN program started out as a good thing to organize things and get things more uniform at each terminal, but once that mission had been completed, they kept creating stuff to suck up more hours........to the point where it's become ridiculous. Sound like some people didn't want to kill that cash cow.

It's going to be quite a change for everyone to get back to moving freight efficiency and get away from standard work orders, . Lean practices, and what ever stupid crap the old mgt came up with lately. You might even get to think for yourself!!!!!

Good grief driver, we'll have to train all the new guys, again.

I think that most people agree that there are too many office people and mgt. types that are standing around the water cooler chewing the fat all day. And with this XPO/Conway buyout, their hours at the water cooler will get cut back on because those people will get extra work added to them with the consolidation. And if you can't pick up the slack, you might end up on the un-enjoyment line. He will have huge cost savings by raising their work loads, and eliminating duplication.