XPO | Five Seconds Until Termination

As others have stated, it has much to do with what sc you're at, i.e. the scm there. At mine it can be a legit "I forgot to punch", but if you don't catch it when it occurs, you're sol when scm comes to you later with all the wrong you've done.

Welcome to Truckingboards Bankrupt !:smilie_132:
That other guy is only here sometimes. :hide:

Please tell your friends in the LTL business about us.

Thanks / Smokestack FXFE :nutkick:

Glad to see the focus change from 5 seconds late to 5 instances. - I see that as a more realistic perspective.

If 1 or even 5 seconds late I would think that I could get away with telling the FOS that I forgot to punch. Or don't punch and worry about it later.

Or, I need to take responsibility for my own actions and not be late.

Am not defending Conway by any stretch of the imagination as I have not recommended them as a good employer to other drivers in over a decade. Just that excuses and blame get me nowhere.

Black and white baby... no gray area. Miss your magical punch (one second or one hundred) it's an incident. Stay at the terminal and punch for lunch, same thing, a late punch is a late punch... an incident.
Get 5 and you COULD be terminated. Oh, and don't stand by the clock waiting to punch back in from lunch, and by no means don't walk back into the lunch room after you have punched in... not allowed. The point made way back when this thread started is that as little as one second late earns you an incident. You say not at your terminal? That's an inconsistant application of policy and we can't allow that.

Ooops...........Sorry, I just had to see how fast this sensitve thread gets knocked off the first page by Con-way consultants/censors/management types or blue cool-aid drinkers by such topics as "What's your favorite flower" or " How many of you like rap or hip hop". Quite funny to watch this occur on many of the very touchy con-way threads.

Ooops...........Sorry, I just had to see how fast this sensitive thread gets knocked off the first page by Con-way consultants/censors/management types or blue cool-aid drinkers by such topics as "What's your favorite flower" or " How many of you like rap or hip hop". Quite funny to watch this occur on many of the very touchy con-way threads.
That's way I put on the crap treads. If it matters they don't care, If its mindless stuff it good. Heres to the mindless crap.

Thank you CFer and Smokestack for the welcomes.
I will tell some others about this board.
Is ther a flyer that I can print???
If it doesn't use a lot of ink that is.....

Wait, I get it!
Cut it up into a bunch of little fliers.
Sometimes it takes a minute.

Sorry, did not mean to highjack this thread.

Don't sweat it guys, i don't know if i mentioned it b4 but i worked with a CSR last year that had 14 lates in 5 months before they warned that person one more late and she was fired. Then everytime that person couldn't wake up they would call in sick with no punishment. Obviously they don't work for con-way anymore but that person got away with it for longer than expected. If they ever tried to fire me after being late 5 times i would take matters into my own hands using that person as my scapegoat.

look, i understand the point of the posts on this thread. just let it be understood, con-way doesnt care about your personal problems or why you were late. did you get caught by a train? you shoulda left earlier. flat tire? shoulda planned on that one. car wont start? take a cab. bottom line is that no matter how much you do for your company, it is never enough. you wont be rewarded for doing your job the way it is supossed to be done, but you will be strung up a pole when you make a mistake. remember con-way hires robots not humans.

paul wall said:
look, i understand the point of the posts on this thread. just let it be understood, con-way doesnt care about your personal problems or why you were late. did you get caught by a train? you shoulda left earlier. flat tire? shoulda planned on that one. car wont start? take a cab. bottom line is that no matter how much you do for your company, it is never enough. you wont be rewarded for doing your job the way it is supossed to be done, but you will be strung up a pole when you make a mistake. remember con-way hires robots not humans.

Well said, I couldn't agree with your more!

:hide: Amen!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

I had a review last year. Missed two days both excused. One of the days I missed a drunk driver took me out on my way to work. I told the fos that. His response ... you should have left 5 minutes earlier. I could not believe it. That is when I quit caring. That is when I decided I was going to act a little different. If you treat people a certain why people are going to act a certain way.