XPO | Five Seconds Until Termination

That's really not how good corporations want employees to respond..............but there again who said this was a good "employee friendly" company. Let's not have any other family/life or death situations stop you from making that KRONOS swipe there skippy! Five times at one second and GOODBYE! (Attendance and tardiness in the employee handbook)

A "good corporation" as you said, would have a sense of understanding and or compassion for its employees whom without, would not be in business.

All I have to say about the "5 seconds to termination" is..... You can drowned on less than a tea spoon of liquid...... But that doesn't stop you from drinking.... Yes that means this subject is blown way out of proportion.... Besides KRONOS doesn't recognize you as late until the minute changes........

Not to be argumentative but, are you really telling me that it's actually 1 minute at five times. Is that correct? KRONOS doesn't recognize you late until the minute changes. Well now that extends termination to five minutes.........Got it! Real compassionate...............Five minutes and you loose your job. Was that suppose to make your employees feel more secure about things? I think not. We'll keep up the rules of termination creative.

when ever I'm late I don't clock in then when I try to punch over to P&D the won't let me so I tell my sup I forgot to clock in works everytime (hardly ever late though)

Not to be argumentative but, are you really telling me that it's actually 1 minute at five times. Is that correct? KRONOS doesn't recognize you late until the minute changes. Well now that extends termination to five minutes.........Got it! Real compassionate...............Five minutes and you loose your job. Was that suppose to make your employees feel more secure about things? I think not. We'll keep up the rules of termination creative.

I don't think you "got it" at all.... First off the hole 5 seconds till termination is just complaining about something that will likely never happen.

Since I do not hold a position of authority I will first say that I do not speak for the corporation. I do know that the policy for being late or to many sick days came along because of abuse, so the company created a policy.... Unfortunatly like any law there is no grey area... Being over the legal limit by just a 1/2 of a point is still impaired driving no matter how you look at it. There is no way to right a policy that allows you to break it.

I had a review last year. Missed two days both excused. One of the days I missed a drunk driver took me out on my way to work. I told the fos that. His response ... you should have left 5 minutes earlier. I could not believe it. That is when I quit caring. That is when I decided I was going to act a little different. If you treat people a certain why people are going to act a certain way.
He's right you should left for work earlier.I show up 1/2 hour before my start time.

So leaving 1/2 hour earlier would've decreased the odds of getting hit by a drunk driver........right! The fact remains.....no compassion for it's employees---no job security from the company.....Just a weekly paycheck. That's the way us management main office people expect it to be. And by the way B-Hammer, some of us actually do have family that appreciate that extra 1/2 hour of time with them. Do our employees need to sacrifice 2 1/2 hours a week of unpaid family time to keep their job..YES, apparently!

1tdriver you're gropping, time to let it go. I personally understand the point, and I feel I've been unjustly burned by the late policy. I've also seen guys late a lot more than 5 times and a LOT later than 1 minute. Finally one was told his job was in jeopardy and he did something about it. It really is that simple, drag your tired a$$ outta bed earlier;-}. I believe I understand where you're coming from and there is too much BS, but IF someone WANTS to keep the, potentually $90,ooo/yr job, then there is going to have to be a degree of flexiblity. But being on time my friend, that, is not an unreasonable requirement. PEACE

Gee wizzzz I thought there was a shortage of good drivers,and that trucking companies invested a lot of money training newbees?

I can see being a half hour,or even as little as 10 minutes,but anything under that sounds very harsh.

Even leaving the house early if your aways from the terminal anything can happen to slow,or even stop your progress.

Maybe they need to have camping trailers at the terminals to make sure their workers are always there when they need them?

He's right you should left for work earlier.I show up 1/2 hour before my start time.

Hey Bear Hammer.... I was not even 5 minutes from the terminal on a friday night when this happened to where there was a two hour back up and I was running 45 minutes early for a 930 pm start. So sir ... :tongue0002: You have the attitude to be a fine conway fos.

If you're on cronos, i.e. swiping your employee card thru the little red box, and you have a set starting time, you can swipe in 14minutes early, however if you swipe in 1 minute after your start time you're tardy. Same goes for lunch breaks, swipe in 16minutes after you swiped out and you'll never be late from lunch. If for some reason you swipe in a moment late, ask a supervisor to go into cronos and put you in at the proper time. You can always swipe out after you're 8 hrs and do something productive for the few minutes you'd missed. Do what you can to keep tardies off your record or it may come back to bite you later.

You should really listen to your SCM. He is exactly who we want managing your service center!!

Since when did this become a baseball card collection forum anyway? Shouldn't baseball collectors start their own forum or is that thread also just another distraction from the main issues?