Estes | Freight volumes

Richmond must believe this surge has some longevity to it. The company website under "employment" as of this afternoon shows: Hub-0 terminals hiring/ Linehaul-16 terminals hiring/ Teams-5 terminals hiring/ Utility-14 terminals hiring/ P+D-15 terminals hiring/ OTR- 1 terminal hiring. Not sure how often these numbers are updated but it seems like they change often.

The web site is updated weekly. The numbers come from the weekly terminal vacancy report that the terminal managers send to the Richmond GO every Monday.

The web site is updated weekly. The numbers come from the weekly terminal vacancy report that the terminal managers send to the Richmond GO every Monday.

I noticed alot of new positions were added mid week sometime. I think it was Wednesday afternoon. I flip through my phone and check periodically. I keep seeing new trucks and added terminals. What's the future plans????

Thanks flash. That info might help someone needing a job here know the best time to check the web site + apply. Seems like the good stuff gets grabbed up pretty fast.

Some might be over from EOM, but this industry is on it's way back up. How long it will stay up, that's anyone's call.Winters starting to break,people wanting to get a little motivated and work in there yards etc...August will tell if we will stay up or not. It may not be as good as it was 5 or 6 years ago, but we'll make it.I have a feeling Mr. Rob has an angel telling him something. Haven't quite put my finger on it or really don't want to speculate. Buying trucks from other companies and trailers. Good times are on the way, I think. So be ready, strap in and hold on.

Wheeew! I broke my old milage record yesterday. When I get to a terminal I dont like I tell dispatch, "I have plenty of time left!" Man , they made me feel like an old cowboy boot wear'n, big belt buckle, handledbar mustache, beer bellied, old school type steering wheel holder yesterday. Freight levels are way up. I hear the same story everywhere I go. "we aint going to get it all covered!" It may be a holiday push or the end of the month deal but things are looking good right now.

Yee Haw rid'em cowboy. Get you a couple of winks and lets do it again. That's what I'm talkin' bout.Keep it comin' Rob. Ride us like wild hosses goin' to the soap factory.

Yoyo?

Our freight levels are finally rebounding. But one day it's up and it's tough to keep up with it, and then the next it's like a graveyard in comparison. However in the long term, Anderson is currently testing us, lasting 60-90 days. If we (Estes) pass this test, the potential for a pretty good boost from them in freight from them is pretty high. But this all depends on us (drivers and dock workers) taking care of the freight.

Max

we keep trying. some of us are in a holding pattern wishing we could do more lol [wink]