Estes | Freight volumes

Thank God Richmond is getting the teams some bigger and better sleepers. Boy those guys deserve 'em!
I've heard about those trucks and I heard they have the big "red" cummins motor in 'em so they should pull real well to if the shop don't choke 'em to bad.

Thanks for the pic. mildew....is that a little bell hanging there beside your mic cord? You got room service in that truck?:biglaugh:

Let's hope they don't choke the life out of these. I've heard many a horror story from teams that run way out west, and just how their trucks just won't pull the mountains. Our one lone team out of 024 has a 024-055-Sacto (don't know the term. code)-055-024 bid. They have one of the Single bunk pos sleepers. No power, no room, horrible ride. While we still have around 15 of those Jevic volvos rotting away behind our shop. It was my understanding the Volvo power was for these dedicated team bids. Yet we have a few Extra board teams out of the Golden Land of Charlotte running these Volvos up and down the east coast. Makes a lot of sense. :nutkick:

friggin IDIOTS !!!!!!!! whenever i mean whenever i see someone catching me and they go for it I hit the BRAKES. let them around and we all stay out of those southern I-81 gotta go fast IDIOTS. hope they all wreak

friggin IDIOTS !!!!!!!! whenever i mean whenever i see someone catching me and they go for it I hit the BRAKES. let them around and we all stay out of those southern I-81 gotta go fast IDIOTS. hope they all wreak

My, are we upset with traffic flow this morning BB.:TR10driving03:

easy there mister or I'll have to get the moderator on ya....o wait you are the moderator...never mind...:biglaugh:

Say what?

What did he say ? :biglaugh::popcorn:

Same here BB.If they catch me that means they are faster than I am.I try not to hang anyone out in the left lane unless im getting a run on a hill.Courtesy means very little out here anymore..

Yea, I think its funny as hell that those boys with the wide open trucks are the the first to raise holy hell about fuel prices as they go blasting down the hammer lane at 75 or 80.

southern gotta go fast idiots is the guys i'm talkin about. the southern idiots are good with me

Same here BB.If they catch me that means they are faster than I am.I try not to hang anyone out in the left lane unless im getting a run on a hill.Courtesy means very little out here anymore..

Very seldom do you find "courtesy", in anything anymore.

southern gotta go fast idiots is the guys i'm talkin about. the southern idiots are good with me

I know who ya talkn bout. They're everwhere you go. They see a freight truck coming up and they gotta gas on it cause they can't stand to be passed by one. It's a bummer and usually a young blood that does it. I'll just let out and fall in behind till they fall asleep again and then try to sneak around 'em before they wake up again. By the way us southern idiots is pretty good with most of them midwestern idiots too...:biglaugh:

Idiots come from all regions.I thought the I-81 idiots were northerners though:biglaugh:

Idiots are the drivers doing 5mph better than the posted speed limit,a-holes are the drivers doing 5 mph less than the speed limit...:biglaugh:

I remember the day I was in a big with a 400 cummins that could do all it could do, making .30 cents a mile and could run all the miles I wanted to.
But in my mind I told myself keep it safe get some experience and one day you will be out here makin better money and not killing yourself doing it.
But I do miss a sleeper sometimes.

After watching years of nascar i've learned to get in the draft of the truck thats matched with your speed.. Slightly bump the ICC bumper to get the truck loose. Then slingshot yourself around. Then hit Georgia overdrive to keep them from retaliating.:TR10driving03:

The video is hilarious! Could've done without the music, but hey if that's the sorta thing the guys in the "big trucks" listen to while they're all hopped up on goofballs and coffee. I say more power to em. :TR10driving03:

Now back to the subject of the thread. Once again freight is piling up here @ 024. Mandatory "ot" to be done by all dockworkers. Things are looking up!!