Friday and Monday

Discussion in 'Holland' started by Griz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. 30yearman

30yearman Active Member

Before deregulation there were only a handful of non-union ltl carriers, they didn't need to organize them. If you figure in inflation, the wages today are way behind what they should be. I agree when the Unions are gone the wages will be equal to third wold status. I retired 8 years ago and living the good life now on my Teamster pension.

Getoverit and falconfan like this.
  2. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Hey griz if KN would learn how to evenly distribute 12 total pcs of tote tanks and pallets of drums. These 12 shipments out of AK would have had a chance to make service today. Trl was over 40k so I went to scale it and was 1,920 over gross (72k) and 2,840 over on tandems with being slide to 41ft mark. Had to take 2 skids drums off pull whole trailer off except for 4 skids and evenly distribute weight the correct way. Took me 1.75hr to do everything. So that made me sleepy (1hr nap) so I should be there by 1130 12. Hope it has a chance.

the5tolls likes this.
  3. Jon46514

Jon46514 Member

It's all going to get better when they get the new phone system for our city drivers..

4. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

If you were headed to Milwaukee it wouldnt stand a chance. The clipboard monkeys have to go home so if you arent there by 1030, its getting coded late. Supervisors dont like to work more than 8 hours

5. troubleman84

Sad part about this is all of KN freight is going to either YRC or PT destination long beach CA and it's gonna sit on dock for a while but all this AK 2day freight is not gonna make it to the streets today.

Flat Stick likes this.
  6. troubleman84

Made copies of both scale tickets just in case ole Andy wanna send me a certified roll of Charmin delay of freight

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    the5tolls likes this.
  7. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

Yes this seems to be problem at most barns ??? Question is where are the managers & supervisors that are suppose to be watching this and do load planning , so they don't run out of hours by Friday ??

8. troubleman84

I know right. Central was pissed says same shipper every time and happens at least 3 days a week. They just throw all that freight behind the relay not considering the weight on ass end plus none of totes where braced with logistic bars. DOT would've had a field day with me.

Getoverit likes this.
  9. Getoverit

Getoverit Well-Known Member

KN is the worst about overloading trailers and the weight on the bill sack being wrong!!! Several weeks ago I had a trailer that I stopped and scaled and I was at 83000 gross.....

Frootloop likes this.
  10. Getoverit

Getoverit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Drums double stacked on back of 53 footer, wasn't a logistic trailer and was nothing in front of the drums on top to keep them from falling forward, that one bill was 16000lbs.....

Frootloop likes this.
  11. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

At least there's a load bar there ready to be put in place. :hilarious:

Getoverit likes this.
  12. wongway

Work Stoppage"s on Friday's and Monday's is what it is anymore , and now after these pension $$ cut letters came out it has gotten even worse , morale can not get any lower , its like Dead Men walking !!! yellow pig has beaten us into the ground !!!!:732:

Mudd Flapp and the5tolls like this.
  13. the5tolls

the5tolls Pay the rate or lock the gate

Do they actually sell those Your Retirement Cancelled shirts somewhere?

14. wongway

the5tolls likes this.
  15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

There were three things that kept me at that rat hole.......pay, medical benefits, and pension. And when the original concessions began, I knew where this was heading. They've taken away/cut two of the three. Leaving was the smartest thing I ever did.

Mudd Flapp likes this.