XPO | Furlough. Any other barns offering?

ran into a driver from my old barn today. He took the furlough until March. He did say that if the other furloughs weren't filled then they would layoffs. How fast it has flipped 2 months ago they had the hiring sign out. He said they hired a bunch of drivers then a month and a half later he said the bottom fell out. Lost somewhere around 200,000 lbs a day, in and out. When I left we were doing 500,000 lbs+ a day.

Any other barns offering furlough? Talked to a driver last night that’s taking it starting Monday until feb. Economy must be down big time.
ran into a driver from my old barn today. He took the furlough until March. He did say that if the other furloughs weren't filled then they would layoffs. How fast it has flipped 2 months ago they had the hiring sign out. He said they hired a bunch of drivers then a month and a half later he said the bottom fell out. Lost somewhere around 200,000 lbs a day, in and out. When I left we were doing 500,000 lbs+ a day.
Shippers are holding off till Yellow comes back! :poke: :hysterical:

Xpo is trying to negate the negative press and possible impact it would have on share prices by offering Furloughs instead of forced layoffs.

Overall ( at least initially ) LTL's have went up with Yellow closing. It seems that things are spotty. If your terminal is a one-trick-pony and freight drops off ...you get the picture.

In my area ( several years ago ) we had a terminal close that depended on a paper mill ( or something to do with paper ) Once that went the wrong direction , upper management decided to close the terminal.

Hopefully , when you are on the dock or look in your trailers you see a good mix of business and no cheap or crappy freight.

XPO's biggest short term problems ( in my opinion ) are rolling out things that haven't been thought through or worked out. Airbags. Ratchet straps. Child pros. Dimensioner cameras. Safe driving bonus based on Samsara.

Overall ( at least initially ) LTL's have went up with Yellow closing. It seems that things are spotty. If your terminal is a one-trick-pony and freight drops off ...you get the picture.

In my area ( several years ago ) we had a terminal close that depended on a paper mill ( or something to do with paper ) Once that went the wrong direction , upper management decided to close the terminal.

Hopefully , when you are on the dock or look in your trailers you see a good mix of business and no cheap or crappy freight.

XPO's biggest short term problems ( in my opinion ) are rolling out things that haven't been thought through or worked out. Airbags. Ratchet straps. Child pros. Dimensioner cameras. Safe driving bonus based on Samsara.
That samsara is an issue maker for sure.All the years at Estes drivers did mostly pretty good now they are all getting messages left and right of you are not doing this you need to do that etc. Micro managed from some office person who has probably never driven a truck but because of samsara they are now an expert.

Pyle just switched from Omnitracs to Samsara. The only thing seem to be guys not hands free. Getting caught from windshield reflection. And at that after something happened to trigger a recording
At Estes if you are 6mph over speed limit which usually occurs down mountains, must come to complete stop no rolling stops, no hard braking that causes 7mph or more speed drop which does happen when a 4 wheeler decides to cut in front of you also no close following which also happens when a 4 wheeler cuts in front of you. They did suspend one guy for 3 days for holding his cell phone just like you said the reflection on the windshield. Its just aggravating being micr managed. If drivers aint bring in speeding tickets or tickets for anything let them be drivers. I fully expect Estes to eventually get driver facing cameras of course for safety. A lot and i mean a lot of drivers said they would turn in their keys when this happens. Let us stick a camera in the managements face 3 feet away all day long and see how they like it.

Xpo is trying to negate the negative press and possible impact it would have on share prices by offering Furloughs instead of forced layoffs.
I don’t think so. Talked to a senior driver from the fac last night, he’s taking the furlough as well. Hated driving in the winter anyways. So is another driver. If it helps avoid a layoff, great.

A lot and i mean a lot of drivers said they would turn in their keys when this happens. Let us stick a camera in the managements face 3 feet away all day long and see how they like it.
You are 100+% correct Steer !

I'd love to see how my TM did avoiding drivers and always disappearing or never returning a man's phone call like the coward he is. You dang bet a camera on management will even things out Brother. I'd sneak in very quietly and catch them on Failbook or catch them throwing one of us under the bus then turn to the window , ohhh hey hi how are you ? How about what you were saying about XXXXX you back stabber , drunk , stalker creep. You shouldn't even be working here or in the yard hostler punk ! I got a camera and you know where it should placed.

Last I check ratchets straps, and airbags have been around since I started trucking over 32yrs ago. Child pros and dim camera have been use by FedEx for a long time, from what I heard. The safety bonus was setup to make near impossible to achieve. So there is no problem. The only problem is the employee's not will to use the product correctly

At Estes if you are 6mph over speed limit which usually occurs down mountains, must come to complete stop no rolling stops, no hard braking that causes 7mph or more speed drop which does happen when a 4 wheeler decides to cut in front of you also no close following which also happens when a 4 wheeler cuts in front of you. They did suspend one guy for 3 days for holding his cell phone just like you said the reflection on the windshield. Its just aggravating being micr managed. If drivers aint bring in speeding tickets or tickets for anything let them be drivers. I fully expect Estes to eventually get driver facing cameras of course for safety. A lot and i mean a lot of drivers said they would turn in their keys when this happens. Let us stick a camera in the managements face 3 feet away all day long and see how they like it.
The cameras are being pushed by the insurance companies. Also to many idiots drivers out there with CDL. All you have to do is look at YouTube and you will see why...Check out Bonehead Truckers Channel... https://www.youtube.com/@BoneheadTruckers