XPO | Furlough. Any other barns offering?

Take it from an old timer, Don't worry about the BS you can't control. The safety carrot is just a joke, I laugh at my score all the time. I just drive the truck, get the freight moved and go home and sleep pretty well every day. At this point in time, just don"t GAD much any more.....

And to connect it all together , would XPO have to furlough anyone if money wasn't being spent on things that don't matter to picking up and delivering freight?

If Samsara camera isn't working , can a driver do the job?

If there are no airbags , can a dock dockworker do the job?

If XPO doesn't get ratchet straps and continues with current straps will it hurt the quality of the freight?

Dimensioner cameras have never worked correctly and ruin the batteries on the handhelds. In order to use them requires cooperation and time from the customer ( which can damage XPO's relationships with the people that pay the bills )

All of these things cost money but do little to nothing to improve operations.

I get it now. Ive seen plenty of your kind in the industry. You would be ok if the manager took a dump in your mouth and thank him then ask may i do anything else for you boss man. Brown nosers all over and would sell their soul if they thought they could move ahead by it. People like you would rat out other workers thinking it would move you up the ladder. Once the other workers figured you out no one would tell you anything because they knew it would go staright to the manager.
WOW you could be more wrong. As we all see instead of debating the subject you go to personal attacks. Hey I'm a big boy and it doesn't bother me. In fact I was laughing at your post because you couldn't be more wrong. I could go on the personal attacks like you but I'll be the bigger person and not. You got anything else to say about me I could use a good laugh

The truck I drive reads every sign when I get near them and displays on the speedometer area how much over the speed is , if it's in direct sun it won't happen or if a trailer is blocking the sign it won't happen although this was happening before samsara was installed
you do understand that samsara and the ECM talk to each other thats why it shows in the truck dash display. There is lots of info stored in the truck computer system. Samsara just simplifies it by just getting the data the company wants and makes it easily readable. The one lie I love to hear is when a drivers says the light just came on. The I plug-in and find out it happened 1000s of mile ago.

WOW you could be more wrong. As we all see instead of debating the subject you go to personal attacks. Hey I'm a big boy and it doesn't bother me. In fact I was laughing at your post because you couldn't be more wrong. I could go on the personal attacks like you but I'll be the bigger person and not. You got anything else to say about me I could use a good laugh
No im done. Too tired to argue or debate.

Dimensioner cameras have never worked correctly and ruin the batteries on the handhelds. In order to use them requires cooperation and time from the customer ( which can damage XPO's relationships with the people that pay the bills )
I saw one of these a couple weeks ago at a stop....driver I used to work with showed me how it works....cool idea.....he concurred with you that it doesn't work right quite often...

This IT equipment in trucks is mostly junk. If you want to worry about the safety score that clearly is faulty, go for it. We all could go on and on how this IT equipment see ghosts , stops working , lies about signs ECT. ECT. I know drivers who's truck jammed up because some 4 wheeler jumped in front of the truck behind a car and the trucked death slammed on the brakes. Unsafe over priced junk. The fact remains though , it's their crayon and coloring book.

you do understand that samsara and the ECM talk to each ig bi thats why it shows in the truck dash display. There is lots of info stored in the truck computer system. Samsara just simplifies it by just getting the data the company wants and makes it easily readable. The one lie I love to hear is when a drivers says the light just came on. The I plug-in and find out it happened 1000s of mile ago.
The stuff from 10 years ago was crazy , big box on front bumper that would lock up the brakes , International 8100

Last edited:
Last I check ratchets straps, and airbags have been around since I started trucking over 32yrs ago. Child pros and dim camera have been use by FedEx for a long time, from what I heard. The safety bonus was setup to make near impossible to achieve. So there is no problem. The only problem is the employee's not will to use the product correctly
What is a child pro? They better not be teaching no kids to be better at this than me…

Same things happening at Estes. What they thought would save them money and it probably is has become a pain in the butt for the drivers and the safety people as well i guess since they continually are sending out messages. Ive just gave up on their safety bonus. Whats worse is you have one manager telling you something and another tells you something completely opposite. We are told not to use the phone app at all period then a manager says use it if tablet wont connect then get a message that we are not to be using the phone app. Incompetent to roll out a system they have not thoroughly tested. If it doesnt connect which happens a lot at the motels if you move the tractor it kicks you into drive and starting your 14 though you needed personal conveyance.
They can kiss my ass, if the tablet won’t connect at the hotel I’m using the app on my phone. I’m not having my HOS ****ed up for an incompetent system.

What is a child pro? They better not be teaching no kids to be better at this than me…
It's XPO'Ss system for individually tracking multiple piece shipments ( if you have 10 pieces for example , there's a parent pro then each piece gets a child pro 🙄 problems occur when the child pro isn't connected to its parent or a piece ships on the parent pro only )

This would seem like a really great system for splitting up multiple piece shipments and putting what you can fit on different trailers going to the same place but.....nooooooo! We aren't allowed to put 4 on the lead and 6 on the kite.