XPO | Furlough. Any other barns offering?

As far as our Samsara , I had been doing well ( 100% everyday for my score ) I have to keep my phone mounted right in front of me with Waze GPS app on all the time to know the speed limits ( because it's not always posted )

I get on the on ramp to a highway and drive to a customer. No problems. Return to terminal and perfect score ruined. I go to my manager and ask that my Samsara records be pulled up so I can understand what I did wrong ( this how it's supposed to work , right? Encouraging drivers to be safer by dangling $500 in front of them , right ) Manager pulls my GPS records up on map and Samsara mistook me getting on the highway on ramp for nearby street. Severely speeding. Manager cannot fix it. Manager sends email to safety manager explaining what happened and you have to wait for him to edit your Samsara records.

I'm one driver watching Samsara like a hawk one day. XPO has thousands of drivers. How many times does it mess up an hour? A day? A week? A month? You get the point.
I stopped caring the first day. Not chasing a carrot no one will get.

The cameras are being pushed by the insurance companies. Also to many idiots drivers out there with CDL. All you have to do is look at YouTube and you will see why...Check out Bonehead Truckers Channel... https://www.youtube.com/@BoneheadTruckers
The lower they scoop into the dredges of society to hire it forces the company to monitor them throughout their day . NASA used it in the space program when they launched Ham into space.

AD7C2D0F-188A-4A09-A222-215BF3D5A4FA.jpeg

As far as our Samsara , I had been doing well ( 100% everyday for my score ) I have to keep my phone mounted right in front of me with Waze GPS app on all the time to know the speed limits ( because it's not always posted )

I get on the on ramp to a highway and drive to a customer. No problems. Return to terminal and perfect score ruined. I go to my manager and ask that my Samsara records be pulled up so I can understand what I did wrong ( this how it's supposed to work , right? Encouraging drivers to be safer by dangling $500 in front of them , right ) Manager pulls my GPS records up on map and Samsara mistook me getting on the highway on ramp for nearby street. Severely speeding. Manager cannot fix it. Manager sends email to safety manager explaining what happened and you have to wait for him to edit your Samsara records.

I'm one driver watching Samsara like a hawk one day. XPO has thousands of drivers. How many times does it mess up an hour? A day? A week? A month? You get the point.
Same things happening at Estes. What they thought would save them money and it probably is has become a pain in the butt for the drivers and the safety people as well i guess since they continually are sending out messages. Ive just gave up on their safety bonus. Whats worse is you have one manager telling you something and another tells you something completely opposite. We are told not to use the phone app at all period then a manager says use it if tablet wont connect then get a message that we are not to be using the phone app. Incompetent to roll out a system they have not thoroughly tested. If it doesnt connect which happens a lot at the motels if you move the tractor it kicks you into drive and starting your 14 though you needed personal conveyance.

I stopped caring the first day. Not chasing a carrot no one will get.
The company got a bunch of suggestions to have a safety bonus like CCX . The company wanted to give the appearance of having a program but keeping the cost low.

Personally I think they should offer a $25k bonus to driver who obtain 1 million miles and then every time afterwards.

The lower they scoop into the dredges of society to hire it forces the company to monitor them throughout their day . NASA used it in the space program when they launched Ham into space.

AD7C2D0F-188A-4A09-A222-215BF3D5A4FA.jpeg
I guess when they run off all the decent drivers they will have come full circle on their experiment. This helps explain some of why the trucking industry in on a downward slide.

The company got a bunch of suggestions to have a safety bonus like CCX . The company wanted to give the appearance of having a program but keeping the cost low.

Personally I think they should offer a $25k bonus to driver who obtain 1 million miles and then every time afterwards.
That would be great but it wont happen. They try to entice us with a pizza party to which the pizza is cold and we get told theres a microwave. Its hard for the extremely rich to give up any money.

I guess when they run off all the decent drivers they will have come full circle on their experiment. This helps explain some of why the trucking industry in on a downward slide.
OTR companies have been on this course for many years before got into the game. The race to the bottom started with deregulation and has gone into hyperdrive in recent years.

It is beneficial to companies to have the appearance of giving you something while not costing them anything.
Yet businesses wonder why nobody is loyal to them anymore. After generations of people breaking their backs for them to get nothing in return people started to realize why break myself for a company that just looks at us as a number.

As long as it is using inaccurate speed postings it will be unattainable.
We were told it reads all speed limits and signs. Well in some of the construction zones where they have the sign that shows you your speed they pick up the cars going 15 over to the left of me when my speedometer is under the posted speed im just wondering if it reads that as mine? You cant get a definitive answer from anybody in the office.

We were told it reads all speed limits and signs. Well in some of the construction zones where they have the sign that shows you your speed they pick up the cars going 15 over to the left of me when my speedometer is under the posted speed im just wondering if it reads that as mine? You cant get a definitive answer from anybody in the office.
Its reading off ramp signs while running on the main highway , getting dinged 67 in a mistaken 45 limit

I get it now. Ive seen plenty of your kind in the industry. You would be ok if the manager took a dump in your mouth and thank him then ask may i do anything else for you boss man. Brown nosers all over and would sell their soul if they thought they could move ahead by it. People like you would rat out other workers thinking it would move you up the ladder. Once the other workers figured you out no one would tell you anything because they knew it would go staright to the manager.
If it means anything, I’ll vouch for Fly. He’s always been a straight shooter. Either way, the personal argument has run its course.

I believe it is using the same software that Google maps or any satellite GPS is using to show you the posted speed. Global Speed Limit Database . I don’t believe it’s reading signs as you approach them.

The camera in the cab will photograph any sign caught in an occurrence of a triggering event if one is present.

From Samsaras sight

• Speed Limits: Update automatically on a quarterly basis from the Global Speed Limit Database (GSLD). If the still or video does not display a speed limit, the GSLD does not have a speed limit value for that location. The Samsara Dash Cam does not collect speed limit data from road signs. Speed limits are used to calculate the severity of driver speeding for safety reporting and display as an overlay on dash cam stills, videos, and on the Trip Speeding Summary Report.

• The Samsara Dash Cam does not collect speed limit data from road signs.
Speed limits in the Global Speed Limit Database are updated monthly but not always accurate do to the limiting factors of GPS accuracy .

Last edited:
I believe it is using the same software that Google maps or any satellite GPS is using to show you the posted speed. Global Speed Limit Database . I don’t believe it’s reading signs as you approach them.

The camera in the cab will photograph any sign caught in an occurrence of a triggering event if one is present.

From Samsaras sight

• Speed Limits: Update automatically on a quarterly basis from the Global Speed Limit Database (GSLD). If the still or video does not display a speed limit, the GSLD does not have a speed limit value for that location. The Samsara Dash Cam does not collect speed limit data from road signs. Speed limits are used to calculate the severity of driver speeding for safety reporting and display as an overlay on dash cam stills, videos, and on the Trip Speeding Summary Report.

• The Samsara Dash Cam does not collect speed limit data from road signs.
The truck I drive reads every sign when I get near them and displays on the speedometer area how much over the speed is , if it's in direct sun it won't happen or if a trailer is blocking the sign it won't happen although this was happening before samsara was installed

The truck I drive reads every sign when I get near them and displays on the speedometer area how much over the speed is , if it's in direct sun it won't happen or if a trailer is blocking the sign it won't happen although this was happening before samsara was installed
Is it a new Cascadia with Detroit Assurance?

In my '23 cascadia the samsara isn't reading signs cause I keep getting dinged for driving 55 in a clearly marked 55 road, it is using some gps that never updated