TForce | Gainsharing,,,

At least some of us are getting some small token for being safe last year.
Looks like poor gater really got the short end.
He posted that he got zip.

Now here is the real kicker. I have 19 years safe driving and 17 years safe worker award that they just gave me. I am also the safery trainer for our terminal. I did not get anything. Our TM was also floored. We have guys who have been with the company less than a year and one person less than 3 mounths and they got something. Oh well I guess they passed it on to Gordon and Leo. Someone muffed this one up. Welcome to UPSF!

Talk about a total rip off gater.
You should get in touch with the head of safety in your region,and ask what the story is with your good record you should have got some kind of a bonus.
Getting nothing is a real slap in your face given your long record of being crash free.
As well as you being your terminals safety trainer.
I really feel for you my friend.
Send me a PM with your mailing address,and I'll send you 1/2 of what I'm getting.

This wasn't for safety, it had to do with damages and accident cost. there was alot to it.

There are actually 3 factors involved, and each one plus hours worked had an effect on the amount. the total amount one could achieve was $515 and change. Only 4 terminals achieved this. Way to go guys.....

I got mine off the web site. It is about $400 and change. Before taxes. It is better than a sharp stick in the eye.:Poke:

There are actually 3 factors involved, and each one plus hours worked had an effect on the amount. the total amount one could achieve was $515 and change. Only 4 terminals achieved this. Way to go guys.....

Only 4 terminals recieved this. I can understand why people are angry. Before it was a personal gain, now it is general. That sucks.

We had two drivers with less than 8 months with the company get a safety bonus. One of those guys had a roll away accident in the yard that tore up a tractor and a trailer and he got a bonus. I am the Smith trainer. I did the Smith training with him the class room and the ride along. Not only that but the TM had me come in on a Saturday to give the class to him and three others.

It just does not add up. How do you have a roll away accident and get a safety bonus.

I was also told that if you fill out a accident of injury form if it is your fault or not and the company does not pay out for the accident or injury it counts against you even if it is a non-preventable.

We had two drivers with less than 8 months with the company get a safety bonus. One of those guys had a roll away accident in the yard that tore up a tractor and a trailer and he got a bonus. I am the Smith trainer. I did the Smith training with him the class room and the ride along. Not only that but the TM had me come in on a Saturday to give the class to him and three others.

It just does not add up. How do you have a roll away accident and get a safety bonus.

I was also told that if you fill out a accident of injury form if it is your fault or not and the company does not pay out for the accident or injury it counts against you even if it is a non-preventable.

Okay how does that happen? Did you ask your TM?

Our TM quit in January and he was with for 10 months. We have a new TM that just took over and he is floored that I did not get anything.

I was told by management that even if your terminal did not achieve their gainshare goal, you would still receive your safety bonus part of the check providing you had no accidents within the year.

there is no safety bonus part.

Well its hard to say. Or I guess management is just lying to me again. I specifically asked, If the terminal lost in every category and received no gain share and with my 25 years accident, injury and violation free, would I still receive a safety bonus. And he said yes. You just don't know what to believe anymore in this outfit unless its in writing. (contract)

there were 2 parts to it your terminal had to meet or the terminal was disqualified and the pool of money would be split up among a small amount of people. You had have cost per accident below a certian goal, and deliveries per exception had to be higher than a certian amount.

each of those categories gave you a certian amount towards the bonus. And if you had a preventable accident or lost time injury you were disqualified. That is how the summary explained it. There was suppose to be a bulletin board tracking your terminals progress.