TForce | Gainsharing,,,

there were 2 parts to it your terminal had to meet or the terminal was disqualified and the pool of money would be split up among a small amount of people. You had have cost per accident below a certian goal, and deliveries per exception had to be higher than a certian amount.

each of those categories gave you a certian amount towards the bonus. And if you had a preventable accident or lost time injury you were disqualified. That is how the summary explained it. There was suppose to be a bulletin board tracking your terminals progress.

As I had stated to the TM that its a slap in the face to the drivers who take pride in their driving record to not receive anything if the terminal does not reach their goals. Why would the TM tell me different? He has nothing to gain by lying to me. At any rate, Its just another reason to not take any pride in what we do!!

there were 2 parts to it your terminal had to meet or the terminal was disqualified and the pool of money would be split up among a small amount of people. You had have cost per accident below a certian goal, and deliveries per exception had to be higher than a certian amount.

each of those categories gave you a certian amount towards the bonus. And if you had a preventable accident or lost time injury you were disqualified. That is how the summary explained it. There was suppose to be a bulletin board tracking your terminals progress.

We had guys who had tier 1 accidents who got a bonus. It was a little less but they got it.

Well its hard to say. Or I guess management is just lying to me again. I specifically asked, If the terminal lost in every category and received no gain share and with my 25 years accident, injury and violation free, would I still receive a safety bonus. And he said yes. You just don't know what to believe anymore in this outfit unless its in writing. (contract)

oUR TERMINAL didn't meet goals one of worst in region and we all got safety bonuses if we didn't have accidents or time lost injury.....road, city and dock all got different amounts.....I'm dock/cdl got 515.17 before taxes.

oUR TERMINAL didn't meet goals one of worst in region and we all got safety bonuses if we didn't have accidents or time lost injury.....road, city and dock all got different amounts.....I'm dock/cdl got 515.17 before taxes.

Thanks, this is what I was told. An employee who has an accident/injury free year should not be penalized if there terminal did not meet their goals.

We had guys who had tier 1 accidents who got a bonus. It was a little less but they got it.

I have 19 years safe driving and have the pin and the certificate to prove it with my name on it and I did not get anything but a hard time from the ones who did and they had tier 1 accidents. Heck Im the Smith trainer. I had one injury and it was not a lost time injury.:cuss::horse:

the whole point in gainsharing is a group effort, It doesn't matter what tier accident someone has what matters is how the safety committee labels it.

And everyone at the same terminal should have got the same amount.

I just received my $253.96 after taxes,with a oh hum attitude after such a long wait its better than nothing.
I was on my way into my terminal after parking my tractor and pluging in the block heater cord.
I notice one of our linehaul drivers fueling his tractor.
Holy safety violators.
he wasn't waring his safety vest?
I had to get into his face,and address that issue.
Well he said he was cold,and the vest wouldn't fit over his top coat.
I said you better get a larger vest issued to you.
You know I'm still my terminals safety trainer till my last day of March 11th when
I turn in my tractor key,and take off my safety trainer badge to retire from the big brown clown job.

well to make a long story short.
This linehaul driver totally changes the subject from him being a safety viotator to being ripped off on the bonus.
He says he's going through the system going over my TM's head to see if he can get us more money.
He claims our terminal met all of the requirements just like our Buffalo terminal.
Buffalo got the full $515 something,and we got less.
He stops at Buffalo on his way to Richfield Ohio,and he's talked to their drivers who got the full shot.

Well I said good luck.
Then had to beat feet to the time clock,so I wouldn't be a time viotator.
I will be watching to see how far this driver gets with his enqiries.
If he can get us all more for our terminal great,good deal.
If not at least he's giving it a shot.

But he does have to get a larger vest before I see him out in our yard violating anymore safety rules.

I just received my $253.96 after taxes,with a oh hum attitude after such a long wait its better than nothing.
I was on my way into my terminal after parking my tractor and pluging in the block heater cord.
I notice one of our linehaul drivers fueling his tractor.
Holy safety violators.
he wasn't waring his safety vest?
I had to get into his face,and address that issue.
Well he said he was cold,and the vest wouldn't fit over his top coat.
I said you better get a larger vest issued to you.
You know I'm still my terminals safety trainer till my last day of March 11th when
I turn in my tractor key,and take off my safety trainer badge to retire from the big brown clown job.

well to make a long story short.
This linehaul driver totally changes the subject from him being a safety viotator to being ripped off on the bonus.
He says he's going through the system going over my TM's head to see if he can get us more money.
He claims our terminal met all of the requirements just like our Buffalo terminal.
Buffalo got the full $515 something,and we got less.
He stops at Buffalo on his way to Richfield Ohio,and he's talked to their drivers who got the full shot.

Well I said good luck.
Then had to beat feet to the time clock,so I wouldn't be a time viotator.
I will be watching to see how far this driver gets with his enqiries.
If he can get us all more for our terminal great,good deal.
If not at least he's giving it a shot.

But he does have to get a larger vest before I see him out in our yard violating anymore safety rules.

Unfortunately, it has come down from the top that Company coats with reflective tape on them can be worn instead of the vest.

Well in this case he had a regular personal winter coat.
it was a non-uniform article of clothing.
Yes sir he was being a very bad boy to say the least.
Its my job to rat any violators out to my TM,and let him deal with them.
But I just go to the violator,and ask them to comply with UPS's wishes of obeying company safety rules.
MY BAD......
My TM doesn't agree with my methods but he lets me get away with it.
he has enough on his plate with the union transition to worry about safety rules violators.
For the most part we are all doing what we are told,with a few slip up's here,and there which I do my part to remind them to get with the program.
A few more days I'll retire,and they can get away with what they want till someother poor sucker becomes the new safety trainer.
but untill I'm out of here I'm going to keep looking out for my co-workers safety.

When it was modified, we had something to look at, it was written on a chalk board, and we have to keep up with it in order to work.

Unfortunately, it has come down from the top that Company coats with reflective tape on them can be worn instead of the vest.

Well if we all remember the magic words in the beginning, "only out of regular duty status", or atleast that is what we were told, allthough it may seem rediculous not to wear it all the time we are'nt required too, unless a memo came down from above , and my Manager failed to tell us about.

Well if we all remember the magic words in the beginning, "only out of regular duty status", or atleast that is what we were told, allthough it may seem rediculous not to wear it all the time we are'nt required too, unless a memo came down from above , and my Manager failed to tell us about.

Now you know mngmt. is forthcoming with all memos.:biglaugh::hysterical:

This is one example of many where there are different standards from terminal to terminal. As part of the safety comm. at our barn, we made it mandatory to where it at all times in the yard. This is what was told to us last year when we had YARD CONTROL training. Then someone from another terminal brought in a copy of what I stated before and we have relaxed this rule.

I do not care what the rules are as long as they are the same accross the board. Terminal to terminal, company wide. Otherwise there will be many issues.

This is one example of many where there are different standards from terminal to terminal. As part of the safety comm. at our barn, we made it mandatory to where it at all times in the yard. This is what was told to us last year when we had YARD CONTROL training. Then someone from another terminal brought in a copy of what I stated before and we have relaxed this rule.

I do not care what the rules are as long as they are the same accross the board. Terminal to terminal, company wide. Otherwise there will be many issues.

This is and has always been the ovnt problem, different rules for every terminal. I hope that this will end. I can deal with strick rules as long as they apply everywhere and to everyone.

It has come up in meetings to wear it all the time, but like everything else, it was never set in stone and went by the wayside, now our TM is wrighting us up for things we have never covered, with some.

We bring this to his attention and we are being told he covered it. and his hands are tied.

This is one reason why we need the greivance process, it is truelyy pitifull to have to go too this extreme, but in my term. it is a longtime comming.