Yellow | Get Prepared For A "No Vote"!!

Remember, Union is sleeping with the enemy. We have to take them out of that bed.
Grievences are nothing anymore.
Broken rules everyday.
Abuse of authority by management.
No respect to drivers, dockworkers, yard hostlers, mechanics,clerks the more seniority you have, the more no common sense is obvious.
Morale at all time low.

:cuss: :shhit::shhit::horseshit:
Then it might be time to look for an employer that is the opposite of what you just described. You might not make any better money with your new employer, but @ least you will work in a happier environment. von.

No one says we shouldn't get a pay raise.Do the math on what 3 bucks / hour would cost.
Don't forget to average approximately 10 hours per week overtime.
It's probably gonna be over 100 million per year.

The mobile eyes were put in to save money and more importantly LIVES!!!
The cameras were put in to prevent theft.Has anyone attempted to guess what the mobile eyes or cameras cost the company?

Someone please do some damn math before they talk about the nons making more than us.
How much is their company paying per week for insurance? Do you know what our company pays?

How much do their 401k contributions cost their company? 4% of 60 grand is only 2400 per year. At 25% pension payment, yrcw pays over 3500 per year.

How many millions do the nons pay in grievances per year?

All I'm asking is to not be in the damn boneyard because of stupidity.
We have to know the math, or we'll have a bunch of hotheads influencing our barns
with lies and bogus information.

Let's get a better contract Wong,but we gotta be real.

amen people need to do the math , ok so they spend 2 million for cameras but could save 10s of millions
a week of vacation say average is 1500.00 and say 20,000 employees = 30 milllion dollars ...........that money might by 400 trucks
I've been told they lease the new trucks have no idea what that would cost a month......but in 2015 between holland, Yrc say they in total bought 1500 new trucks at an average of 75000.00=112,500,000.00 just examples of numbers.................. lord knows we need tons more trucks and trailers

bottom line if we make it 2019, i doubt we will get anything more, then we do now in a new contract, unless they have replaced all the equipment by then then, maybe ....but Pierson said we would never get it back he's words

My question about the negative responses to this is......if you already know what the outcome of the 2019 Negotiations will be.......why are you hanging around, especially since you know that we will be $ 5-8 behind all other LTL's and already $ 12.00 behind Parcel and some of you are in your 40's ? Some were only 40 when this went down, were you in La,La Land, If I had 22-25 more yrs. to work I would have smoked the tires out the Employee parking lot then.

What are you waiting for.....a Miracle ?
I'm hanging around for the insurance plain and simple. I've been hopeful that Welch could turn things around, and some numbers are improving, but of course those of us on the inside know there are many problems, some seem to be getting worse. 2019 we will get a very good contract or that will be the end of the road. Yrc will not stay in business unless they dramatically increase the pay scale, the market will make sure of it. As far as spinning tires, we have a gravel parking lot and that would really do some damage to other people's cars.

I sure hope we can get a contract that gets us more than thirty cents but that doesn't mean we need three bucks. There has to be a happy medium that we can agree with. More important is to start doing something with the pension, if it is a lost cause than lets get some sort of a partial pension with some sort of 401K match or something. There will never be a future if there is absolutely no pension, you can go work for some of the worst companies in the country and get some sort of 401 match.

We have 2 years, before this company starts crying the blues again, wanting to extend the mou. With all the millions$$$ that this company is throwing away on mobile eyes, TVs in the break rooms, and millions $$$ in bonuses to upper management, there is no way that they are broke. All that is wasteful spending. It has nothing to do with the operations of this company. So anyone who would believe the lies of this company, or the union who is in bed with them, claiming that they are broke, is a complete fool!! Don't be an idiot!! We have 2 years to get ready. Get your debts paid. BE PREPARED TO STAND TOGETHER, AND VOTE NO ACROSS THE BOARD!! EVERY TIME THEY THROW THE BALLOTS IN FRONT OF YOU! GROW A PAIR, AND SOME BRAINS, AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! GET READY!!

Let's see how many hands that think we will still even be here in 19?
I have been practicing my check in the box marks for months!
But I ain't worried about it because it's still along ways away.
We are not getting anything back anyways. And if you think we are I want what your smokin. We are not getting ::shit:: back. What you have now is it. Till you retire or quit.

the5tolls I used $3.00 because that's approximately what the 15% represents. And I agree that there needs to be some sort of pension. But MEPFs are dinosaurs. A 401k is a good idea. All I've been saying is we must make fiscally responsible proposals. Not emotionally driven fantastic proposals. I have also said that restoring lost vacation time would be a very modest gesture from YRCW. And one of the least costly.

the5tolls I used $3.00 because that's approximately what the 15% represents. And I agree that there needs to be some sort of pension. But MEPFs are dinosaurs. A 401k is a good idea. All I've been saying is we must make fiscally responsible proposals. Not emotionally driven fantastic proposals. I have also said that restoring lost vacation time would be a very modest gesture from YRCW. And one of the least costly.
They should restore the week of vacation right now, and the improvement in morale would easily pay for it and then some. We are not currently able to replace retirees and3more yearsof basically no raiseswhile theother carriers are aggressively raising driver pay not only to retain their drivers, but to also entice drivers from other carriers, 2019 YRC will have no choice but to significantly raise pay or throw intheir cards.

restore pension roughly 30 million
pension restore roughly130 million
restore 15% over 200 million
my thoughts you won't see anything back, they will spend the profits on leasing more trucks and trailers this year and on until 2019........... contract will be same as your increases in the mou................... or the doors will close or if the economy goes bad

My question about the negative responses to this is......if you already know what the outcome of the 2019 Negotiations will be.......why are you hanging around, especially since you know that we will be $ 5-8 behind all other LTL's and already $ 12.00 behind Parcel and some of you are in your 40's ? Some were only 40 when this went down, were you in La,La Land, If I had 22-25 more yrs. to work I would have smoked the tires out the Employee parking lot then.

What are you waiting for.....a Miracle ?
Amen to that, I'm in my 40s and that's why I high tailed to ups package along with about 40 other guys in the Chicago area. I still wish I would have left sooner, because my pension has 2 zeros and 2 quarter credits. That means that for 4 years, I have a half of a credit to show for it. I still beat myself up sometimes when I think of it, but I can't imagine continuing to get that quarter credit year after year, and when it's time to retire--well it will never be time to retire at that rate

restore pension roughly 30 million
pension restore roughly130 million
restore 15% over 200 million
my thoughts you won't see anything back, they will spend the profits on leasing more trucks and trailers this year and on until 2019........... contract will be same as your increases in the mou................... or the doors will close or if the economy goes bad
Shut the doors then.

This is a quote from YRC CFO Jamie Pierson. “If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.” http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/

This is a quote from YRC CFO Jamie Pierson. “If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.” http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/
:shhit::shhit::shhit::horseshit:
ABF, non union?
UPS Freight, non union?
AND...
FedEx Freight, Conway-XPO, Old Dominion are non union and are above us by 20 to 25 percent above hourly wages. Even casuals make more than our casuals.
I don't know what market he is talking about.
Don't ask me to quit.
Let's put a fight! :mf swordfight:

:shhit::shhit::shhit::horseshit:
ABF, non union?
UPS Freight, non union?
AND...
FedEx Freight, Conway-XPO, Old Dominion are non union and are above us by 20 to 25 percent above hourly wages. Even casuals make more than our casuals.
I don't know what market he is talking about.
Don't ask me to quit.
Let's put a fight! :mf swordfight:

No problem with that but don't make the math one sided.
Does Conway pay time and a half after 8? Does O.D?

Do Conway , FED EX, or O.D , have anywhere close to the same work rules as us?
Do their companies pay millions in grievances like us?

Do their companies pay 100% of their health care like us?
Is the health care they pay for as good as ours? Hell no!

Are their retirement contributions more than ours? ...No

We all do the same thing and the reason Union lines have fell like bowling pins
is because we don't give a damn about the competition, we want ours now!
This mentality has destroyed us.
If we can't compete, we can't survive.In order to keep these jobs we gotta be smart, not jump on the band wagon of radicals who barely graduated high school.

We need more hourly wage IMO, but we also got to realize the cost of our health and welfare.Do you know that cost? I do, and even though it's a hell of a lot less than it used to be, it's still lots more than the nons.
Also IMO, we are going to need clarity on our retirement.

No problem with that but don't make the math one sided.
Does Conway pay time and a half after 8? Does O.D?

Do Conway , FED EX, or O.D , have anywhere close to the same work rules as us?
Do their companies pay millions in grievances like us?

Do their companies pay 100% of their health care like us?
Is the health care they pay for as good as ours? Hell no!

Are their retirement contributions more than ours? ...No

We all do the same thing and the reason Union lines have fell like bowling pins
is because we don't give a damn about the competition, we want ours now!
This mentality has destroyed us.
If we can't compete, we can't survive.In order to keep these jobs we gotta be smart, not jump on the band wagon of radicals who barely graduated high school.

We need more hourly wage IMO, but we also got to realize the cost of our health and welfare.Do you know that cost? I do, and even though it's a hell of a lot less than it used to be, it's still lots more than the nons.
Also IMO, we are going to need clarity on our retirement.
Well said.
Insurance is a huge factor.
If your paying premiums at the other LTL's it drops your wage per hour.
Figure that into their pay and subtract it from the total.
I don't know what they make an hour and what they pay a month in premiums to do the math. But I bet it brings their hourly wage back down to ours.

Well said.
Insurance is a huge factor.
If your paying premiums at the other LTL's it drops your wage per hour.
Figure that into their pay and subtract it from the total.
I don't know what they make an hour and what they pay a month in premiums to do the math. But I bet it brings their hourly wage back down to ours.

The thing for me Mysticobra, is the insurance they pay for isn't as good as ours.
That alone can cost you tens of thousands per year.

Of course that means nothing to a young man who doesn't use his insurance .
It means something when his wife gets pregnant or he gets prostate cancer.

yrc insurance only a shadow of what it was ,copays tripled , er went from free to $200 scripts have gone up 10 x