FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

Scare tactics? How about fact! Everyone at one time or another in their life has problems. Strong language in a contract with regards to attendance and progressive discipline can prevent termination. That being said, those that are bad apples will hang themselves given enough rope. I have seen some fine employees saved from a path that was not the best to travel because they were given a chance to make it right again. The company benefitted tremendously also. Thousands invested in that employee were not lost. I have seen so many terminal managers come and go that I have actually lost count. We had some that were the very best in the industry and a few that had no business managing anything. The later is what creates the problems in a barn. they can do more damage than good and the effect on morale is tremendous. Having a CBA does make working for an ass like that a little more tolerable for nothing more than the piece of mind that the A-hole can't fire you on a whim.
The company doesn't fire anyone, people fire themselves.
One accident isn't going to cost you your job. We had a newly hired city driver roll a van on the street just outside the driveway while getting ready to pull back onto the yard.....and he STILL works here!
We had road driver roll a set on his way back in one morning....and he STILL works here!
Had these drivers had prior accidents still on their records then they probably would've been fired....but again, they rolled the trls, not the company!

Man why do all of the NO guys keep asking what leverage we have? DO just a little bit of research... There is plenty of leverage that can be applied, to encourage good faith negotiations.

Swamp what is the difference between how FedEx will negotiate and how Overnite negotiated with the teamsters? Overnite workers even went on strike and still no contract. The union withdrew after three years with no contract. Why would FedEx agree to anything when the script has already been written?

I do notice your lack of comprehension of the written word though. Show me where I said all of my employnent was under contract.

That would be the part where you said:

"I work under contract. I have for nearly 30 years with my present employer and a few others during that time also on the side. Those side jobs had contracts also."

How did I spin that?

So you go 20 yrs safe driving always on time and company terminates you for bumping the car. Sounds fair after all you screwed up your life should be the 1 turned upside down for 1 mistake. Man am I glad I don't work at fxf then. Who feeds your family while you try to get another job after all it isn't a large abundance of decent paying family supporting jobs out there. Now if a supervisor tells you to load poison on a trailer with food after you tell him you can't does the supervisor lose his job? After all he just told you to risk the life of countless people to try and make his numbers look good or does the company come after you? We all know the answer to that. I hope you never get to experience the forgiving hand of management anytime soon
Don't know how it is any more but the last time I worked the dock I want allowed to load poison our scan it on a dock supervisor had to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You don't get terminated for bumping a car! You get terminated for bumping a car three or four times . If a manager ask you to do something that is not safe "don't do it" the company is all about safety. I have never seen a driver here at FedEx get fired for refusing to do something unsafe. Stop with the fear campaign it isn't going to work!!!
I have seen managers "encourage" less experienced drivers to do things that were unsafe, as well as against FMCSA regulations... Yes, you can refuse. No, you won't loose your job. But when you get busted... Then you have a problem.

Safely operating An 80000 pound Commercial Vehicle up and down the highway in a professional And timely manner!! Do you realize the truck drivers are the largest work force in America, and the most screwed over!!you risk your life everyday to feed your family and fund the company for which you work!! Your worth twice of what your getting, so what is wrong with wanting a better deal. I'm telling you this new and younger breed coming up are gonna get theirs!! They will refuse to work for nothing!!

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27523259/vehicle-fire-shuts-down-i-24-west-north-of-nashville

Amen! These 2 drivers we're killed on impact or burned alive! Awful wreck!!

Swamp what is the difference between how FedEx will negotiate and how Overnite negotiated with the teamsters? Overnite workers even went on strike and still no contract. The union withdrew after three years with no contract. Why would FedEx agree to anything when the script has already been written?
The difference is the current market. A lack of qualified drivers. Competition that provides a better incentive.

The whole leverage thing hinges on getting everyone (or most) on the same page, then once you have representation in significant numbers, then if they resist, there are tactics that will make it more "efficient" for the Company to negotiate a deal. A deal that is good for us, the drivers, and reasonable for the Company going forward.

I'm actually pro company, and want them to succeed. I just don't want their biggest advantage to be declining compensation, for us, all the while pushing for more and more productivity. That's why I support this movement.

No, Ramsey would have advised only to invest disposable income.....FXF stock WILL "drop like a rock" if the union gets in, just another reason to why I so adamantly oppose!
What like UPS stock give me a break already. And every time I have ever listened to Dave Ramsey I always heard him say to stay out of stocks and instead go with mutual funds. To much risk and not enough gains with single stocks.

You don't get terminated for bumping a car! You get terminated for bumping a car three or four times . If a manager ask you to do something that is not safe "don't do it" the company is all about safety. I have never seen a driver here at FedEx get fired for refusing to do something unsafe. Stop with the fear campaign it isn't going to work!!!
Good luck with that. Let the accident be serious enough in a managers eyes and your butt is toast whether that is your 1st accident or not.

The difference is the current market. A lack of qualified drivers. Competition that provides a better incentive.

The whole leverage thing hinges on getting everyone (or most) on the same page, then once you have representation in significant numbers, then if they resist, there are tactics that will make it more "efficient" for the Company to negotiate a deal. A deal that is good for us, the drivers, and reasonable for the Company going forward.

I'm actually pro company, and want them to succeed. I just don't want their biggest advantage to be declining compensation, for us, all the while pushing for more and more productivity. That's why I support this movement.

I agree with your assessment on the idea of leverage by getting most on board. My question is what happens now? I mean you only have (if I'm not mistaken) three terminals on board, do you begin negotiations with those three or do you wait until there are a majority. That is going to take a while, if I understand it right the barns who voted no have wait at least a year plus the time it takes to repetition and wait for the vote, the ones who pulled their vote are at least six months. Keep in mind I am I no means trying to pick a fight, and I know it's not up to you, just picking your brain.

I agree with your assessment on the idea of leverage by getting most on board. My question is what happens now? I mean you only have (if I'm not mistaken) three terminals on board, do you begin negotiations with those three or do you wait until there are a majority. That is going to take a while, if I understand it right the barns who voted no have wait at least a year plus the time it takes to repetition and wait for the vote, the ones who pulled their vote are at least six months. Keep in mind I am I no means trying to pick a fight, and I know it's not up to you, just picking your brain.
If they use the same model they used for UPSF then they will go ahead and negotiate a contract for the 3 terminals with the understanding that the finalized contract will be used for any newly unionized terminals. This is a marathon type of event it will take time. Earliest I would expect to see and or hear about a contract would be around June or July of next year could be longer though.

Well, If the remaining Hubs and centers will get on board, there could be enough strength to start some negotiation. LOU was a significant let down, no doubt, as well as SNW, NHS, and RCH. THAT would have been a big enough block to have impact, due to the strategic, geographic locations.

Now if NAS can pull it off, and the centers that have been able to file (but haven't yet), will file... Then there can be enough going forward, as more WILL follow. IF not? Well, then the burden is on FedEx to correct the issues, and do so fairly quickly, IMHO. The no votes, many who were swayed at the last minute, or wanted to "give FedEx a chance", will quickly realize the error and become YES voters.

The network is already in place (and hopefully growing) and CLT, EPH, and SBR will be at the head of the table, with contract framework ready to go when/if reinforcements join. I have NO idea if negotiations will have begun. I suspect there will be some...

That's just my honest opinion, as a casual observer.

Well, If the remaining Hubs and centers will get on board, there could be enough strength to start some negotiation. LOU was a significant let down, no doubt, as well as SNW, NHS, and RCH. THAT would have been a big enough block to have impact, due to the strategic, geographic locations.

Now if NAS can pull it off, and the centers that have been able to file (but haven't yet), will file... Then there can be enough going forward, as more WILL follow. IF not? Well, then the burden is on FedEx to correct the issues, and do so fairly quickly, IMHO. The no votes, many who were swayed at the last minute, or wanted to "give FedEx a chance", will quickly realize the error and become YES voters.

The network is already in place (and hopefully growing) and CLT, EPH, and SBR will be at the head of the table, with contract framework ready to go when/if reinforcements join. I have NO idea if negotiations will have begun. I suspect there will be some...

That's just my honest opinion, as a casual observer.

Ok, I just don't see a lot of leverage with just three (or even a few more) barns signed up. Maybe I was wrong in my previous reading, I was under the impression you were saying you wanted a majority on board before the negations begin.

The company doesn't fire anyone, people fire themselves.
One accident isn't going to cost you your job. We had a newly hired city driver roll a van on the street just outside the driveway while getting ready to pull back onto the yard.....and he STILL works here!
We had road driver roll a set on his way back in one morning....and he STILL works here!
Had these drivers had prior accidents still on their records then they probably would've been fired....but again, they rolled the trls, not the company!
What about forgetting to turn your DR's in before you go home? Would that be grounds for termination?