FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

That would be the part where you said:

"I work under contract. I have for nearly 30 years with my present employer and a few others during that time also on the side. Those side jobs had contracts also."

How did I spin that?
Yep, the last 30. Not one word about my former employer before that. Don't assume.

Ok, I just don't see a lot of leverage with just three (or even a few more) barns signed up. Maybe I was wrong in my previous reading, I was under the impression you were saying you wanted a majority on board before the negations begin.

Oh, I do want a majority. I thought you wanted an assessment, as it stands now. I don't know it those that vote yes will wait, or for how long. A strong block could go forward... Will they? Don't know

Realistically, we must use the tools we have. Not the tools we wish we had.

Well, If the remaining Hubs and centers will get on board, there could be enough strength to start some negotiation. LOU was a significant let down, no doubt, as well as SNW, NHS, and RCH. THAT would have been a big enough block to have impact, due to the strategic, geographic locations.

Now if NAS can pull it off, and the centers that have been able to file (but haven't yet), will file... Then there can be enough going forward, as more WILL follow. IF not? Well, then the burden is on FedEx to correct the issues, and do so fairly quickly, IMHO. The no votes, many who were swayed at the last minute, or wanted to "give FedEx a chance", will quickly realize the error and become YES voters.

The network is already in place (and hopefully growing) and CLT, EPH, and SBR will be at the head of the table, with contract framework ready to go when/if reinforcements join. I have NO idea if negotiations will have begun. I suspect there will be some...

That's just my honest opinion, as a casual observer.
We are working very hard to deliver a very strategic location geographically as well as logistically important to the company. Right now there is one location with plenty of signed cards to file and the hub and another center are getting close. Once all 3 have enough to file it will be done.

Oh, I do want a majority. I thought you wanted an assessment, as it stands now. I don't know it those that vote yes will wait, or for how long. A strong block could go forward... Will they? Don't know

Realistically, we must use the tools we have. Not the tools we wish we had.

Yeah I get that, I think you are in a little if a ticklish spot right now and I'm not sure what my next move would be.

What like UPS stock give me a break already. And every time I have ever listened to Dave Ramsey I always heard him say to stay out of stocks and instead go with mutual funds. To much risk and not enough gains with single stocks.
Unless you have "disposable income". It's called that for a reason.

Good luck with that. Let the accident be serious enough in a managers eyes and your butt is toast whether that is your 1st accident or not.
Wrong, we're already allowed more than one DOT Reportable accident before we're "disqualified" from driving, and even then we're usually presented with a dock position.....if one is available.

No I do not. But I do read these forums. So you are saying guys like SwampRat are liars? He has detailed a great deal. How about HootOwl? Is he full of beans also?
I've never referred to anyone on here as liars, not sure why I'm even responding to this nonsense.
It's called comprehension, interpretation, etc...one usually hears what one wants to hear....and since your not an employee here, you don't know what's been said, you only know hearsay.

I've never referred to anyone on here as liars, not sure why I'm even responding to this nonsense.
It's called comprehension, interpretation, etc...one usually hears what one wants to hear....and since your not an employee here, you don't know what's been said, you only know hearsay.
You should respond as these members know one another. They are FedEx employees and their statements should not be discounted as you are eluding to.

I know what has been posted by employees of the company that has been corroborated by others that work for the company and affirmed by our Union. A little information for you my future Teamster brother. I speak regularly to members on these boards that do work for FedEx. Some of us go back several years on these boards and have become friends. Like it or not, you can't BS anyone around here.

You should respond as these members know one another. They are FedEx employees and their statements should not be discounted as you are eluding to.

I know what has been posted by employees of the company that has been corroborated by others that work for the company and affirmed by our Union. A little information for you my future Teamster brother. I speak regularly to members on these boards that do work for FedEx. Some of us go back several years on these boards and have become friends. Like it or not, you can't BS anyone around here.

Spoken like a true manager. Great job