FedEx Freight | Good morning eph from teamsters

Don't hurt me boss man I'm in right to work state. You do what you do and I do what I do just stating the facts as I see it. FYI FedEx is in tthe business of making money teameserts in the business of taking money.

Don't hurt me boss man I'm in right to work state. You do what you do and I do what I do just stating the facts as I see it. FYI FedEx is in tthe business of making money teameserts in the business of taking money.
Is it really that hard to figure out, that by most of us sticking together, we would all have it better??????

What is it that makes that hard to figure out?

Even if ya think you have it better than us, you must know inside that you'd have it even better if everybody in your terminal joined the union.
Common sense should tell you that.
Your management from top to bottom knowa
s that. Thats why they lie to you and tell you to keep us out.

I have an uncle in 1 of them states who was in management. He liked the people he supervised. But when the union came around he had to tell them stuff to dissuade them. He couldn't believe they wouldnt join. They believed anything upper management told them. They would've had it so much better but wouldnt join. He just shakes his head thinking about it.

I don't see guys at UPS, UPS Freight, Verizon, PSE+G, teachers, cops, firemen all running away from their unions. Seems like their jobs pay well. Seems like their benefits are great. Seems like they have a pension waiting for them someday. Seems like we need to join the party.

What are you talking about? Sticking together? I've never seen a group more willing to cover each other than the guys I work with. Hell, I had more catty politicking in the military than this place. Let's all jump on that sinking union ship and they can use us to float them long enough to when they can retire. Hopefully there will be some more suckers who will fall for unfulfilled promises. I'm like you. I want more money and I want more this and I want more that and I want them to put one of those chocolate fountains in the drivers lounge with them shortbread cookies to dip in there. Hell yeah. Union yeah. Maybe if we do it right we can drive YRC quality tractors and maybe even move into one of their nice terminals. Let's just start now and have a wage giveback, cut the sleeves off of our shirts, and work together to get it done. What? That's not what the union promised you? I must have just heard from guys whose pensions aren't being fully funded and whose pension director wants to cut their future benefits by 30%. I'm just a sheeple so what do I know.

Sticking together in you participating in what you get compensated and what you do and what you dont do.
As is, you only stick together on whats been dictated to you.
"This is what you do."
This is what you don't do."
This is your compensation wether you like it or not."

Your military defended a right to collectivelly bargain and some would like to excercise that right.

I don't think the IBT is dying. We're one of the biggest unions in yhe country.
Maybe the biggest.

You could say unions are dying I suppose.
Dwindling at the least.
And look what its done. Nothing good.
More poverty and welfare than ever.
We're more educated amd financial minded and antiunion than ever in this country.......and all led us to being more in debt than ever. When our class is eell compensated and has political pull, we're the best in the world. When the few at the top has it....we're broke.

I agree with everything that you're saying. And I'm not anti-union. At all. I am very pro-union. If not for all of the hard work and sacrifice of union members... There would be less politicians who pander for the union vote and open the borders for illegals who depress wages for everyone. The problem isn't the working man anymore than it is with management. There will and has always been tension there. Who was president when NAFTA was enacted and why did the unions support him? Why didn't they support Perot? What don't I understand???? I understand how the politicians are jacking us all around and I also think it's ridiculous that the unions supported Obama who supports government unions and leaves the border open for anyone to come here and compete for jobs with the rest of us. I mean. I'm no professor here but really???? I should join a group who supports the very people who keep that group from being a particularly useful entity. It's like something out of some weird movie I never saw.

Would you not like more say in who your union supports?
I dont lean left.
I post Pat Buchanan articles in the politics forums all the time. zI voted for him once.
I also voted Perot.
.......but the big problem is that the left uses our money. But the right downright opposes anything we want.
I believe if our numbers went up theyd listen more.
6% isnt many to impress.
If that hit 20% I think theyd listen closer.
Theyd know that the people like us are willing to participate and are united in an " official" organized way.
Thats just my opinion.
With 94% remaining nonunion its easy for them to just serve those who have money.
If ours isnt lumped together they wont listen.

Really lol and FedEx is in the business of taking things from its employees, you just can't face it people had enough and are standing up for what they believe in , I'm sure that if you were ever fired you would wish you had on your side

What are you talking about? Sticking together? I've never seen a group more willing to cover each other than the guys I work with. Hell, I had more catty politicking in the military than this place. Let's all jump on that sinking union ship and they can use us to float them long enough to when they can retire. Hopefully there will be some more suckers who will fall for unfulfilled promises. I'm like you. I want more money and I want more this and I want more that and I want them to put one of those chocolate fountains in the drivers lounge with them shortbread cookies to dip in there. Hell yeah. Union yeah. Maybe if we do it right we can drive YRC quality tractors and maybe even move into one of their nice terminals. Let's just start now and have a wage giveback, cut the sleeves off of our shirts, and work together to get it done. What? That's not what the union promised you? I must have just heard from guys whose pensions aren't being fully funded and whose pension director wants to cut their future benefits by 30%. I'm just a sheeple so what do I know.
OR maybe you can get a contract like Ups and drive their quality tractors and get UPS compensation. OOOPPS! Sorry, didnt mean to blow a hole in your theory.

OR maybe you can get a contract like Ups and drive their quality tractors and get UPS compensation. OOOPPS! Sorry, didnt mean to blow a hole in your theory.

To answer what I think you're implying, yes. I do think we deserve more money. I do think that quality drivers should be given greater value to a company. I wish we could deal with this without bringing in a 3rd party permanent negotiator. Management should have seen this coming. I also understand that as the economy struggled and we worked through the merger, handing out large raises might have hurt the company's profitability and therefore hurt our jobs in the long-term. The biggest problem in my opinion is that management seems to be far more insular and insensitive to what the drivers are dealing with. This union thing is permanent and even if my wife and I were struggling, bringing in a full-time permanent marriage counselor would create more tension after a while when maybe we could just have sat down and worked it all out without all of this.

Hey fedex.... we got this.... vote yes... I was out there Friday morning and it was huge! It had more support than dolly Parton's bra.

Let us review the FedEx stock price in exactly 3 years. 9-30-11 $67.68. 9-19-14 $158.44
Have the "officers" of your company shared the wealth, these past 3 years?

Comparing a company that almost went bankrupt to the top ltl by far priceless. lmao You guys need to get some facts before you come on here preaching.

To answer what I think you're implying, yes. I do think we deserve more money. I do think that quality drivers should be given greater value to a company. I wish we could deal with this without bringing in a 3rd party permanent negotiator. Management should have seen this coming. I also understand that as the economy struggled and we worked through the merger, handing out large raises might have hurt the company's profitability and therefore hurt our jobs in the long-term. The biggest problem in my opinion is that management seems to be far more insular and insensitive to what the drivers are dealing with. This union thing is permanent and even if my wife and I were struggling, bringing in a full-time permanent marriage counselor would create more tension after a while when maybe we could just have sat down and worked it all out without all of this.
No. What I am saying is you are using YRC as what you think is going to happen. YRC's problems are the result of management and management alone. The company is anchored with debt due to overpaying for two companies on credit. A fedex contract will be for fedex only. With their own work rules and compensation. A fedex retirement package would be for FedEx only. You need to compare apples to apples.

And the great thing about it was we had guys there from UPS freight, retirees from new penn, verizon, and construction. The retirees had a pension they could live on, and everybody was together. They weren't my competitor as the company calls them, they were my coworkers. Thanks again everyone that stopped by and showed support.

Big deal a few fedex guys most not even from eph wow.

No. What I am saying is you are using YRC as what you think is going to happen. YRC's problems are the result of management and management alone. The company is anchored with debt due to overpaying for two companies on credit. A fedex contract will be for fedex only. With their own work rules and compensation. A fedex retirement package would be for FedEx only. You need to compare apples to apples.

Are you kidding?

With their own work rules ! Work rules don't change with a union.Unions don't dictate rules or safety.
So you are saying the work rules at FedEx (job classifications, dispatch order, bid rules) are the same as the rest of the industry?