FedEx Freight | Good morning eph from teamsters

I suggest going over to the UPS Freight forum and post a thread with your question on how it works and how you could be involved. I really dont understand why you think talking to Smith would accomplish anything better than having a negotiation process ad having a signef contract in the end. Didnt he have his chance to prove himself in all the years you guys have been there? It seems to me if ya talked to him and he cjanged without contract, that he would revert as soon as the union issue went away. How many years were drivers given who were fired to change what didnt make them happy?

OK. So what does that even mean? We're all going to go in there and tell the bosses what we want? Or are we going to have somebody else do it for us? Who is going to decide what is best for us and who is going to decide what is in my best interests? Me? The man who signs the front of my paycheck? You? Who? The union boss? What if I don't like that deal? Go to OD? Saia? What if the union guy can't get a better deal than the one we have now? I'm still paying union dues either way. How about rather than unionize we go talk to the boss ourselves? Anybody up for that? I'll fly down there and have a convo with Fred Smith myself. He might fire me but I think I'd take the chances versus taking the chances on this union thing.

But we're not going to get a UPS Freight contract. We're going to get whatever someone else can convince someone else to give us. I've only been here 4.5 years. Since then my pay has gone up, they have started a pension plan, and increased our share of the marketplace while increasing profitability. I engage in the employee stock purchase plan so that is one more added benefit to our improved financial situation. But we're not going to get a UPS contract, or a YRC contract. We're going to get a FedEx contract and nobody now knows what that might look like. Couldn't we get even less than we have now? I mean, hypothetically speaking. Of course he'll pay us way more money and give us free healthcare and promise to never fire us for any reason... But hypothetically, couldn't we end up with less pay and worse benefits?

Throw me a few scraps. I will "almost" work for free.

My employer constantly brainwashes my fellow employees with a special quote "be happy you have a job!"

What is truly pathetic, is kissing the bosses exterior, just to earn a few hours of OT. Gotcha!

A good chunk of corporations are playing dishonest games to make their stock look desirable. It is artificial desirability to hit short term earnings goals so the top execs get big bucks. The corps have beeb buying back theiet own stocks to artificially inflate them. I dont know if Fedex is one of them. I'll bring the link I posted in politics.

That selfish greed at the top will backfire at companies like Fedex and Conway who have orvanizing drives going on.

Just because he wants wealth redistributed to the help doesnt mean he hates.
When they busted the unions and redistributed too the top, was it considered hate?
Teamsters Call On FedEx To Stop Paying Personal Taxes For Executives

Yes they play games here. Hell, they pay the executives personal taxes on the gains. Guardrail, this is why your work harder, be smarter, argument doesn't hold water. This isn't because they(executives) are worth more to the company, this is just greed.

If that were possible wouldn't FedEx welcome the Teamsters rather than vehemently oppose them?

No it is possible, there is nothing that says you can't lose. FedEx doesn't want the union for a lot of reasons. I would feel safe betting you won't lose anything you already have. FedEx doesn't want to give up control.

No it is possible, there is nothing that says you can't lose. FedEx doesn't want the union for a lot of reasons. I would feel safe betting you won't lose anything you already have. FedEx doesn't want to give up control.

I understand why FedEx doesn't want a union involved. I was simply rejecting the union busting line of negotiating down. Sure everything is on the table, but we aren't going to negotiate down. That's union busting 101.

I understand why FedEx doesn't want a union involved. I was simply rejecting the union busting line of negotiating down. Sure everything is on the table, but we aren't going to negotiate down. That's union busting 101.

Ok that's fine I'm glad you understand it. But you said "if that were possible" it is possible by saying stuff you lull people into a false sense of security. While I do agree that you will most likely not give up money you might give up other things which would be losing. This would be a negotiation not a dictation.

The union dosent control companys. They negotiate labor agreements and enforce them. That is not controlling a company.

The union dosent control companys. They negotiate labor agreements and enforce them. That is not controlling a company.

Yes and by agreeing to those labor agreements they give up some control. I'm not talking about control of running the actual operation. But they are giving up control over a lot of personnel issues which is what you guys want and that's fine, but don't act like its not giving up some control.

OK. So what does that even mean? We're all going to go in there and tell the bosses what we want? Or are we going to have somebody else do it for us? Who is going to decide what is best for us and who is going to decide what is in my best interests? Me? The man who signs the front of my paycheck? You? Who? The union boss? What if I don't like that deal? Go to OD? Saia? What if the union guy can't get a better deal than the one we have now? I'm still paying union dues either way. How about rather than unionize we go talk to the boss ourselves? Anybody up for that? I'll fly down there and have a convo with Fred Smith myself. He might fire me but I think I'd take the chances versus taking the chances on this union thing.

Do you think Fred will even take your call? In fact, Fred himself doesn't set your pay. Bill Logue (and Co.) is who you need to talk to. Please make the call ASAP. You might be able to fix this, before it gets out of hand.

Without some clout, without some strength (in numbers), you'll have no bargaining power. Now , perhaps if 1000 drivers show up at Corp and demand they listen... But wait! I think they are up to about 1250 already (petitioned centers' drivers), and climbing. They WILL get past the switchboard, and have a voice at the table.

Do you think Fred will even take your call? In fact, Fred himself doesn't set your pay. Bill Logue (and Co.) is who you need to talk to. Please make the call ASAP. You might be able to fix this, before it gets out of hand.

Without some clout, without some strength (in numbers), you'll have no bargaining power. Now , perhaps if 1000 drivers show up at Corp and demand they listen... But wait! I think they are up to about 1250 already (petitioned centers' drivers), and climbing. They WILL get past the switchboard, and have a voice at the table.

1250 have not petitioned about 30% of that 1250 have and until you have a majority vote you have no say either.

30%? Really? you think the union is going to get out of bed for 30%? I can tell you it is at LEAST 65% at EPH, SBR, and CIN. I can imagine it's quite the same at the other terminals too. We have no say? Look at all the changes that have occurred just on the threat of the union coming. They are doing everything they can to keep the union out, but it only fuels our passion and brings us that much closer to representation.

You could get answers on the UPS Freight forums cause they are most recent and some remember the process very well.
Wether you get a contract like them or not they can explain THE PROCESS.

But we're not going to get a UPS Freight contract. We're going to get whatever someone else can convince someone else to give us. I've only been here 4.5 years. Since then my pay has gone up, they have started a pension plan, and increased our share of the marketplace while increasing profitability. I engage in the employee stock purchase plan so that is one more added benefit to our improved financial situation. But we're not going to get a UPS contract, or a YRC contract. We're going to get a FedEx contract and nobody now knows what that might look like. Couldn't we get even less than we have now? I mean, hypothetically speaking. Of course he'll pay us way more money and give us free healthcare and promise to never fire us for any reason... But hypothetically, couldn't we end up with less pay and worse benefits?