FedEx Freight | Good morning eph from teamsters

With their own work rules ! Work rules don't change with a union.Unions don't dictate rules or safety.

Negotiated contracts contribute to agreed upon rules. FMCSA (formerly DOT) and OSHA, dictate safety. FedEx skirts these rules often, if the driver/dockworker is willing to submit. Please don't ask for examples, it would take far too much of my free time to cite all the examples we see daily. Even you would likely agree on the safety compliance issues. The skirting of safety rules come from local level, and not so much from the Corp. level. IMHO

What are you talking about? Sticking together? I've never seen a group more willing to cover each other than the guys I work with. Hell, I had more catty politicking in the military than this place. Let's all jump on that sinking union ship and they can use us to float them long enough to when they can retire. Hopefully there will be some more suckers who will fall for unfulfilled promises. I'm like you. I want more money and I want more this and I want more that and I want them to put one of those chocolate fountains in the drivers lounge with them shortbread cookies to dip in there. Hell yeah. Union yeah. Maybe if we do it right we can drive YRC quality tractors and maybe even move into one of their nice terminals. Let's just start now and have a wage giveback, cut the sleeves off of our shirts, and work together to get it done. What? That's not what the union promised you? I must have just heard from guys whose pensions aren't being fully funded and whose pension director wants to cut their future benefits by 30%. I'm just a sheeple so what do I know.
Does this mean you will be looking for new employment if the union is voted in?

I see it as you are " living in sin" economically, withou the official " I do" signatures on paoer in front of somebody else. The contract makes it official " marriage. Both parties agree, sign, and vbare bound. Without it you are just " shacking up like hoes.contrac
To answer what I think you're implying, yes. I do think we deserve more money. I do think that quality drivers should be given greater value to a company. I wish we could deal with this without bringing in a 3rd party permanent negotiator. Management should have seen this coming. I also understand that as the economy struggled and we worked through the merger, handing out large raises might have hurt the company's profitability and therefore hurt our jobs in the long-term. The biggest problem in my opinion is that management seems to be far more insular and insensitive to what the drivers are dealing with. This union thing is permanent and even if my wife and I were struggling, bringing in a full-time permanent marriage counselor would create more tension after a while when maybe we could just have sat down and worked it all out without all of this.

Yeah "loser"...a few guys, wow. Now it's 5 hubs and 4 regular terminals after 6 weeks...wow...
And in the early AM it was more CIN guys because most of EPH got there after 730. Go look for another job if you don't want to be in the union. Maybe you will be happy paid only straight time at other carriers no matter how much you work....wow!

Let us review the FedEx stock price in exactly 3 years. 9-30-11 $67.68. 9-19-14 $158.44
Have the "officers" of your company shared the wealth, these past 3 years?
Too bad I didn't buy some stock back then. What does the stock price have to do with it? That just means FedEx is doing something right because the stock is desirable. Not the message you want heard.

Hating someone because of their wealth will get you nowhere.

Guardrail

Hating someone because they don't share that wealth with the grunts is a big reason. Let's hear it for the horsehead grunts!

Now if FEDEX would spend money on us like that, that would have been one hell of a driver appreciation day.
A good chunk of corporations are playing dishonest games to make their stock look desirable. It is artificial desirability to hit short term earnings goals so the top execs get big bucks. The corps have beeb buying back theiet own stocks to artificially inflate them. I dont know if Fedex is one of them. I'll bring the link I posted in politics.

That selfish greed at the top will backfire at companies like Fedex and Conway who have orvanizing drives going on.

Just because he wants wealth redistributed to the help doesnt mean he hates.
When they busted the unions and redistributed too the top, was it considered hate?

Don't hurt me boss man I'm in right to work state. You do what you do and I do what I do just stating the facts as I see it. FYI FedEx is in tthe business of making money teameserts in the business of taking money.
good, you can work for less and have crappy insurance while the yes voters ejoy the spoils of having a spine.

Too bad I didn't buy some stock back then. What does the stock price have to do with it? That just means FedEx is doing something right because the stock is desirable. Not the message you want heard.

Hating someone because of their wealth will get you nowhere.

Guardrail

I've never "hated" any person/corporation for advancement/profit in this lifetime.
I'm questioning the distribution of wealth, because after all, if it were not for the labor, the product wouldn't move, correct?
Plus, what I have seen is management could not stand in our shoes. Very few could accomplish our daily routine, whether it be P&D or Dock.

I've never "hated" any person/corporation for advancement/profit in this lifetime.
I'm questioning the distribution of wealth, because after all, if it were not for the labor, the product wouldn't move, correct?
Plus, what I have seen is management could not stand in our shoes. Very few could accomplish our daily routine, whether it be P&D or Dock.

In the same regard, it's doubtful many drivers could stand the daily routine and stress that management, lower or upper, are subjected to. Class warfare and envy is ridiculous. Everyone is important, from the CEO to the janitor. Each has their calling. If you don't like the distribution of wealth, change yourself and get more. Don't demand someone give you theirs. I hated school and I never had any intentions of being anything except a truck driver. Could I have been more, sure. I just didn't see the need.

The problem is when someone forgets or fails to see the other person as important or valuable. It goes both ways.

In the same regard, it's doubtful many drivers could stand the daily routine and stress that management, lower or upper, are subjected to. Class warfare and envy is ridiculous. Everyone is important, from the CEO to the janitor. Each has their calling. If you don't like the distribution of wealth, change yourself and get more. Don't demand someone give you theirs. I hated school and I never had any intentions of being anything except a truck driver. Could I have been more, sure. I just didn't see the need.

The problem is when someone forgets or fails to see the other person as important or valuable. It goes both ways.
So you being the unvalued driver because that's what you chose don't drag us down with your poor soul sympathy for the rich and greedy. Super duper and clueless

So you being the unvalued driver because that's what you chose don't drag us down with your poor soul sympathy for the rich and greedy. Super duper and clueless

How am I dragging you down? Why is having a lot of money bad? Please explain how this country will benefit from taking money from people of wealth and giving it to people that don't have wealth?

There's a big difference between wanting more because you are worth more and demonizing "rich" people because they have more than you. Wealthy people got that way because they were smart, calculated and took risks. Are all wealthy people good, decent humans? Nope, but neither are all truck drivers.

Truck driving isn't all I do. I left FedEx when I found a driving job where I work 4 days a week. I actually enjoy driving again. Am I making $85K like I was at FedEx? No, but I am living a life with quite a bit less stress and aggravation. I now have time to pursue other sources of income. I buy and scrap cars for additional money. Am I going to get rich doing it? One never knows. The owner of Advantage Metals, a large scrap metal company in my area, got started one car at a time. I'm sure he is wealthier than I am, but he started out just like me, a naked, crying baby. At some point in time we have to stop crying and do something for ourselves.

No! Fedex is in the business of multi-tasking a single employee for double the profits at half of the cost. Now I'm not for or against the Union but if they can help better my pension and my pay then I'm all in. This pension statement I just got a month ago was $290 some gotdamn dollars if I retired today....and I been here for 18yrs!...go figure! Now I like how some ppl believe the downfall of C.F, Hyman, Crouse, Mid-States, P.I.E, and other outdated union outfits was because of the union. NO! It was because those corporate heads felt like they had to answer up to a organization outside of the company. So they felt like it they weren't in control. So what happens now....I'll tell u....those corporate heads set their own company up for failure for poor performance...and what I mean by this is poor mgmnt, no more investing in up to date equipment, major service failures, poor facility up keep and all. Don't believe the hype! Most of the past union outfits were setup from within the company itself to fail so that it didn't have to answer to the union. Well if this was the case then why not treat the employees right from the jump!? Then we would't be having this problem! Right!?

I never "cry." But at the same time I consider myself a professional and can accomplish my employment duties extremely well.
I question supervision who I consider, waste corporate income based upon irrational decisions, such as dispatching 3 different drivers to BNSF for 3 single pups at the same time.
This trend will occur for the complete 8 hr shift. When do "they" become responsible for their actions?

No. What I am saying is you are using YRC as what you think is going to happen. YRC's problems are the result of management and management alone. The company is anchored with debt due to overpaying for two companies on credit. A fedex contract will be for fedex only. With their own work rules and compensation. A fedex retirement package would be for FedEx only. You need to compare apples to apples.

OK. So what does that even mean? We're all going to go in there and tell the bosses what we want? Or are we going to have somebody else do it for us? Who is going to decide what is best for us and who is going to decide what is in my best interests? Me? The man who signs the front of my paycheck? You? Who? The union boss? What if I don't like that deal? Go to OD? Saia? What if the union guy can't get a better deal than the one we have now? I'm still paying union dues either way. How about rather than unionize we go talk to the boss ourselves? Anybody up for that? I'll fly down there and have a convo with Fred Smith myself. He might fire me but I think I'd take the chances versus taking the chances on this union thing.