FedEx Freight | Good morning eph from teamsters

I believe thats what the NLRB requires in order to hold an election. The local decides what their threshold will be before they petition for a vote.

It is, and I know that. I'm just saying that I keep hearing about these high number of card signed but I have yet seen one person post the number of card signed at any one terminal. And forgive me if I just don't take everyone at their word, but it wouldn't be hard to file with the 30% then try to get others to sign by saying its already a majority might as well join us. If you think the union won't lie as much as the company you are mistaken, I'm already a dues paying member and they lie to me.

Let's just call into doubt everything under the sun then while were at it. If someone from my center says the local will not file until there are 60 65 70 % signed cards I believe them. And when they file that means they have the votes. Period. Some here can question every cotton picking thing and that's fine. Not me at least in this case. I don't assume people that come here are a bunch of gullible dufuses that don't have the ability to question things either or scrutinize.

Let's just call into doubt everything under the sun then while were at it. If someone from my center says the local will not file until there are 60 65 70 % signed cards I believe them. And when they file that means they have the votes. Period. Some here can question every cotton picking thing and that's fine. Not me at least in this case. I don't assume people that come here are a bunch of gullible dufuses that don't have the ability to question things either or scrutinize.

How many drivers do you have and how many cards did you get signed?

That is not a fact, I will call my old BA tomorrow but what good would it do you will call me a liar. But you have showed me no proof that they have refused to petition with only 30% but I'm expected to take your word for it.

Because I am not going to "out" anybody on this site. I am on the committee for EPH and take my word for it we have 75% of cards signed. If you need more proof of support I will be happy to discuss election day results.

How many drivers do you have and how many cards did you get signed?
Note from a casual observer:

Man, for a guy who admittedly doesn't work here, you spend quite a bit of time questioning everything. Nothing wrong with it, just seems... well, odd.
I am curious where EX396 has been, have you seen him? Spoke to him? Can you offer PROOF that you have not? :Poke:

Man, for a guy who admittedly doesn't work here, you spend quite a bit of time questioning everything. Nothing wrong with it, just seems... well, odd.
I am curious where EX396 has been, have you seen him? Spoke to him? Can you offer PROOF that you have not? :Poke:

Its not odd, i have made it clear that i do have friends and family there and I like to keep up with the goings on. I have read these posts for several years but I've never felt the need to interject. But when something as important as this is going on and I find misconceptions and false claims I will jump in. I would like to point out again that there are several other non employees that post and have never worked there or have no connection, but they agree with you so you don't question them. As far as EX396 I have no idea where he is, what kind of proof do you need?

A lot of drivers. :cool: Not sure how many cards signed to date. I have a cheek hooked on the fence still for some reason, the other cheek is clearly on the union side. Just a matter of time.

I was totally honest with everything you have asked, but when I ask you a question you answer with generalities, is it 15 or a 150?

Note from a casual observer:

EX has sundays off

It is, and I know that. I'm just saying that I keep hearing about these high number of card signed but I have yet seen one person post the number of card signed at any one terminal. And forgive me if I just don't take everyone at their word, but it wouldn't be hard to file with the 30% then try to get others to sign by saying its already a majority might as well join us. If you think the union won't lie as much as the company you are mistaken, I'm already a dues paying member and they lie to me.

I can tell you I am at a small barn but we have 75% of our cards turned in. The union rep told us they like to have at least 60% of signed cards before they proceed.

Its not odd, i have made it clear that i do have friends and family there and I like to keep up with the goings on. I have read these posts for several years but I've never felt the need to interject. But when something as important as this is going on and I find misconceptions and false claims I will jump in. I would like to point out again that there are several other non employees that post and have never worked there or have no connection, but they agree with you so you don't question them. As far as EX396 I have no idea where he is, what kind of proof do you need?

I was just messing with ya... Since you were hoping for proof that there was more than 30% signing to petition, I was hoping for proof you had NOT been coordinating with the EX Man. Impossible request, I know.That's why the :Poke: Just having fun (rule #6 from AF days). You're good.

Personally, I think its good that you ask questions and that ho0efully peoole answer with honesy, thee best they can.

What other stske do you have that may concern you of the union getting in at Conway? Monetary,religious,political?

Its your choice to answer. With or without honesty. It always interests me as to why some may lean harder to opposing the union than supporting it.

I was totally honest with everything you have asked, but wen I ask you a question you answer with generalities, is it 15 or a 150?

Let's just say its a medium size terminal. It doesnt matter if it were 15 or 150, all are of equal significance and importance. Thats the best I can tell you.

Personally, I think its good that you ask questions and that ho0efully peoole answer with honesy, thee best they can.

What other stske do you have that may concern you of the union getting in at Conway? Monetary,religious,political?

Its your choice to answer. With or without honesty. It always interests me as to why some may lean harder to opposing the union than supporting it.

Ok here we go, l will keep this as short as possible. I am not against the union I am a union member, maybe I'm not as die hard union as some others but I'm not anti union my any means. I have said several times that this whole thing is Fedex's fault and I hope a couple of barns go union, I don't think you will ever get Fedex organized system wide. I worked for Fedex for a little while, I was in construction as a truck driver all of my adult life. When the economy tanked a couple of people talked me into coming to Fedex so I did. I was a city driver and I found the work to be pretty easy bordering on mundane. I went through the merger which with my low seniority I got screwed around. I then decided this business wasn't for me. But I was there long enough to see a few things. there are a lot of people there that don't realize how good the have it. It is no way perfect but a lot of the people there have no idea what trucking or work for that matter really are. Stop one of the purchase drivers or any random driver at a truckstop and ask them about their compensation it makes yours look great. And before any of you jump down my throat about that, I do not think that means you shouldn't try to improve your situation just step back a little and look around. I watched people try to get out of work and mess with dispatch but cry the blues if dispatch did anything to them. People belly ache about being glorified forklift operators making $24 bucks and hour, go out to any warehouse in the city and ask the guy ion the forklift what he's making. The belly ache about bills per hour, I worked the dock some, I worked steady I didn't spend a lot of time setting and talking and no one ever said boo about my bills per hour. I talked to dispatch with respect if they said anything disrespectful to me I called them on it on the spot they would usually apologize or at least calm down. My point in all of this rambling is the union isn't going to fix most of these problem's. Dispatch will still screw with you, you will still have to run a fork lift, you will still hear about bills per hour, they will still overload trailers, they will still complain about gate times, and there will be other problems. Your union, how many times have you set in the break room and heard "you can call the union but it won't do any good" or something along those lines. The whole reason I started posting on here (and I have been a member for a long time) is because it seemed like every time I read something some one would say wait till the union comes in. And I'm paraphrasing on that. But it was the union will fix it all. If someone disagreed then the were a red shirt or union buster so I decided to speak up. There are people on here from both sides trying to influence the movement which is fine If you question them on it they will say they don't care either way then rip you apart for your opinion. They make statements about insurance, retirement, contracts and other things they or the union can not guarantee to back up their point then claim "I made no promise". They jump on me because I don't work there but in the next post love a guy who doesn't work there either and never did. I'm just trying to bring a little fairness to what was a one sided discussion. As far a Conway I used to see those guys on the docks and my cousin works for them and I think they have it even worse than Fedex but I have no inside knowledge so I stay out, but if they want to organize more power to them.
Let's just say its a medium size terminal. It doesnt matter if it were 15 or 150, all are of equal significance and importance. Thats the best I can tell you.

That's fine, it does matter a little if its 15 or 150 a terminal that's is 15 is easier to organize than one that is 150. If you spend any time with an organizer they will tell you, The guy's who refuse to sign cards will usually vote no and a percentage of the ones who sign will also vote no. That's why the unions wanted card check, its easier to get cards signed than a yes vote on a secret ballot.

Johdeere2040, I agree on the ease of a smaller barn just on numbers, but then again, a small barn may likely have a more forgivable, friendly (you name it) management, the atmosphere may actually be good so the willingness to organize may actually be more difficult than bigger terminals, which likely are more intense, oppressive caustic etc which is what seems to be happening. It is possible? I was really referring to everyone at whatever size terminal. They do it, its on the same level as anywhere else.