SAIA | Grayslake opens next month?

QUOTE="runawaytrain, post: 1033713, member: 31966"]And you have this from a reliable source? A billion dollar company is worried about being on the hook for one unemployment claim. That must be it. Surely you can think of something better than that.
Train the guy is a knob! He was from Bloomington Illinois! They ran him out of their! The guy is a total A hole! He needs to be gone! He even from what I heard threaten to take a guy in a trailer and settle things instead of calling HR! I won't even mention the fact they hid that to! Picked up the rug and swept away under the rug![/QUOTE]
Guys like that are their own worst enemy. He will hang himself again. It's really just a matter of time. They are probably looking for his replacement as I type this post. He will be a victim of his own demise. Wait and see.

Train the guy is a knob! He was from Bloomington Illinois! They ran him out of their! The guy is a total A hole! He needs to be gone! He even from what I heard threaten to take a guy in a trailer and settle things instead of calling HR! I won't even mention the fact they hid that to! Picked up the rug and swept away under the rug!
Guys like that are their own worst enemy. He will hang himself again. It's really just a matter of time. They are probably looking for his replacement as I type this post. He will be a victim of his own demise. Wait and see.

. And more people want the Union in Saia then you think. Maybe not down there but up here there's alot
Please don't pollute every thread with the union poison. Try to stay on topic. It's starting to get out of hand. This is the Grayslake thread. We have a so called union thread.

Train, there's a lot of current and former employees that are at least willing to discuss the union freely therefore your attempts to muzzle and union talks are pointless and they are going to continue to be pointless considering you don't make up the rules in this forum.

Anyways I have dealt with "BLO" Mike on a limited basis and I didn't like his attitude.. I didn't know he worked for Old Dominion though.. maybe we should follow suit like Old Dominion and just get rid of him

Train the guy is a knob! He was from Bloomington Illinois! They ran him out of their! The guy is a total A hole! He needs to be gone! He even from what I heard threaten to take a guy in a trailer and settle things instead of calling HR! I won't even mention the fact they hid that to! Picked up the rug and swept away under the rug!

Yup, plenty of stories about him to go around. He has the mentality of a 13 year old and is a scheming, backstabbing little bastard that will try to get you any way that he can. Best thing you can do is make his life miserable by calling HR on him for every little thing. That's what the Bloomington guys did and I myself even called once on him. Once the terminal manager left, Mike wasn't far behind because he had nobody to save his arse from HR after that.

If this person's approach and demeanor are accurate, it really only takes one call with the appropriate verbiage to get him out. "Hostile work environment" "unsafe work environment"...take your pick. Ask the TM what he plans to do to establish and Maintain a healthy and safe work environment. That will get their attention

Well seems someone beat me to the punch. Hr was there yesterday and today. Seems Mr Wadkins got his hands slapped again by HR! I guess will have to see how long this lasts this time around

He lasted almost 4 years at BLM because the TM and RM kept protecting him. Although GLK is 4-5 times the size of BLM, so hopefully he'll hang himself pretty quick. Nobody deserves to fail more than that little cockroach does.
From my understanding they will be weeding out some of the arrogant condescending managers from up North. They are hurting employee morale and that is not acceptable.

Last edited:
One indisputable fact that seems to be getting overlooked is...if this guy is this bad, why has Saia allowed him to work for them this long? This is actually sadly typical of what my experience was with Saia. Too many managers with questionable morals are in these position, and the "good old boys" attitude of covering for one another while sacrificing good drivers and dock workers...is just despicable. No reason for it at all, yet is perpetuated daily. They canned him once, then rehired? That's a big "shame on you" for Saia. They knew exactly what they were getting, yet took him back. That my friends is the very definition of insanity. It's the old adage of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It's high time Saia had some accountability.

One indisputable fact that seems to be getting overlooked is...if this guy is this bad, why has Saia allowed him to work for them this long? This is actually sadly typical of what my experience was with Saia. Too many managers with questionable morals are in these position, and the "good old boys" attitude of covering for one another while sacrificing good drivers and dock workers...is just despicable. No reason for it at all, yet is perpetuated daily. They canned him once, then rehired? That's a big "shame on you" for Saia. They knew exactly what they were getting, yet took him back. That my friends is the very definition of insanity. It's the old adage of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It's high time Saia had some accountability.
Perhaps he hoodwinked them into believing that he's changed. No worries, I'm sure HR is on to him by now. A few calls is all it takes.

They didn't can him the first time. He quit after the TM left. The TM was the one who was protecting him from HR. Still stupid as hell to hire him back after all the crap he caused the first time.

Why the hell would we want to organize? I'm not anti-union by a long shot, but the teamsters has been a worthless union for 20+ years now.

"the teamsters has been a worthless union for 20+ years"....REALLY???.....ABF-YRC & UPS Teamsters have 100% company paid healthcare benefits for ourselves and our families=You DON'T spend your life savings on surgeries-physical therapy-preventive health services-braces-glasses etc etc for you or your family. Your pathetic little 80/20 coverage=DON'T GET SICK OR YOU'LL GO BANKRUPT

JOIN THE TEAMSTERS...MORE TEAMSTERS=MORE BARGAINING POWER

"the teamsters has been a worthless union for 20+ years"....REALLY???.....ABF-YRC & UPS Teamsters have 100% company paid healthcare benefits for ourselves and our families=You DON'T spend your life savings on surgeries-physical therapy-preventive health services-braces-glasses etc etc for you or your family. Your pathetic little 80/20 coverage=DON'T GET SICK OR YOU'LL GO BANKRUPT

JOIN THE TEAMSTERS...MORE TEAMSTERS=MORE BARGAINING POWER

Our 80/20 insurance also comes with a $1500 out of pocket maximum per year, as well. So WORST case scenario, I'm out $1500 the entire year. I think I'll manage...

Our 80/20 insurance also comes with a $1500 out of pocket maximum per year, as well. So WORST case scenario, I'm out $1500 the entire year. I think I'll manage...

"$1500 out of pocket maximum per year"....smh...Dude, you're clueless about your crummy insurance...You only pay $1500 for routine medical procedures. If you or your family require Cancer or other Terminal disease surgeries/therapies, you will have to pay out of YOUR OWN POCKET=BANKRUPTCY

Get a clue before you go around badmouthing the Teamsters..

Last edited:
"$1500 out of pocket maximum per year"....smh...Dude, you're clueless about your crummy insurance...You only pay $1500 for routine medical procedures. If you or your family require Cancer or other Terminal disease surgeries/therapies, you will have to pay out of YOUR OWN POCKET=BANKRUPTCY

Sorry I forgot YOU know all about how our insurance works. The $1500 out of pocket maximum is the MAX you pay out of pocket AFTER what the insurance pays. After the max is met, everything is covered 100%. I know how it works because I've used it and hit the max before. Cancer and other terminal care is covered under it as well. You're the one who needs to get a clue, Dingus.

Yeah your insurance is very good, but that's about the only thing that you can brag on.

Go on the YRC and ABF forums. Your very own badmouth the Teamsters more than anyone on here. I have read some of your earlier post from when you first started posting. You say that you work for UPS (parcel) and if that's the case then you have a pretty sweet deal. But the other Teamsters haven't faired as well. Again, go on the YRC and ABF forums. And not that PR83 needs any help with your kind. You know your kind don't you? The one's with the "us and them" mentality. The one's with the stick it to the man mentality. Our insurance has a max out of pocket as he stated. $1500. ..... After that everything is paid 100% ..... We also have just a $250. deductible for things like a $3000. MRI up until we hit that $1500. So we are never really out a lot of money up front. But again, once we hit $1500. we pay nothing. We also have a $25. office visit without meeting anything. All blood work and x-rays are included in that $25. ..... And the premium for that weekly is $12. weekly for a single man. And around $38. for family. We don't have to badmouth the Teamsters because you guys are doing a fine job by yourself. UPS Parcel has it made benefit wise. And UPSF has it good too but not as good as parcel. Great insurance is part of that package. UPS is your one shining star but that's all you have. YRC isn't anything to brag about. Just leave us alone and worry about the trash in your own backyard like YRC and ABF. Then we will do our best to mind our own business.

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot YOU know all about how our insurance works. The $1500 out of pocket maximum is the MAX you pay out of pocket AFTER what the insurance pays. After the max is met, everything is covered 100%. I know how it works because I've used it and hit the max before. Cancer and other terminal care is covered under it as well. You're the one who needs to get a clue, Dingus.

Yeah your insurance is very good, but that's about the only thing that you can brag on.

UNBELIEVABLE...this dude has ZERO CLUE about his own crummy insurance and resorts to name calling to defend his LIES. I have friends who work for Saia, I know their substandard insurance firsthand. Cancer screenings and minor procedures like mole removals are covered, Invasive Cancer surgeries/therapies are NOT COVERED=BANKRUPTCY

No one is bragging, just holding your ignorant mouth accountable. If you like your job, good for you, just keep your hole shut about the Teamsters. And here's a fact for your edification..YRC employees are the lowest paid of the LTL union companies, but even with the 15% giveback, YRC employees STILL earn more than the non-union companies when you compare the overall pay/benefits package.

Done with you..