XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

The difference being, a corporation is trying to make the executive board wealthy, a union is trying to get its members ( aka middle class ) a fair shake at a decent life.

That's the most laughable statement I've heard in a while... The union doesn't care about it's members anymore. They're completely in bed with the companies now. Why do you think they rammed the concession contracts down their throats and allowed the bogus acquisition talks between YRC and ABF to go on during ABF contract negotiations?

if you have done any research on the suject of Central States Pension Fund you would know that no "Union Leaders" stole a dime. The reason for its troubled state is multi faceted. The federal government itself has had the fund under trusteeship since the mid 80's and sat by idly as the fund declined. Numerous employers that filed bankruptcy and didnt pay the withdrawl liability, and the federal bankruptcy courts didnt award the fund money during liquidation of those companies caused the lack of funding that it suffers from today. Those are only a couple of the issues that damaged the fund.
Not to mention the Government overseeing the pension fund but the Government also picked the investment companies to manage the investments..I.e.Goldman-Sachs and Northern Trust.

if you have done any research on the subject of Central States Pension Fund you would know that no "Union Leaders" stole a dime. The reason for its troubled state is multi faceted. The federal government itself has had the fund under trusteeship since the mid 80's and sat by idly as the fund declined. Numerous employers that filed bankruptcy and didnt pay the withdrawl liability, and the federal bankruptcy courts didnt award the fund money during liquidation of those companies caused the lack of funding that it suffers from today. Those are only a couple of the issues that damaged the fund.
Not to mention the Government overseeing the pension fund but the Government also picked the investment companies to manage the investments..I.e.Goldman-Sachs and Northern Trust.
How can the members of the union say turn to the union for protection when they could not , would not , or did not protect themselves from whomever is to blame for the downfall of the CSPF?

Is it fair to say the "glory" years of the union are gone? The days when no one would dare mess up the pension , or have non-union companies do union work without fear of a strike or fist-to-face diplomacy seem a distant memory. Union leadership seems more likely to go along with the company executives than to listen to the will of the membership.

And , to be honest the union is battling itself in another way: due to the success of the unions in the past , there have been numerous laws , rules , and regulations designed to make workplaces safer , healthier , and better paying. These past victories make it hard for unions ( that don't adapt and modernize their message ) to find and audience with younger workers.

That's the most laughable statement I've heard in a while... The union doesn't care about it's members anymore. They're completely in bed with the companies now. Why do you think they rammed the concession contracts down their throats and allowed the bogus acquisition talks between YRC and ABF to go on during ABF contract negotiations?
Sad but true and one of the things that has turned me against them.

And one more thing that we can discuss..UPS Freight and how Jimmy the Great sold out the Central States Pension Fund, UPS Small Package aaandddddddd UPS Freight. To obtain card check recognition for UPS Freight, Small Package was given a sweetheart deal, permitted to withdraw from CSPF, further damaging it along with some other tokens, Small Package workers ponying up heath care copays for one. Why the hell does a company like UPS Small Package need their work force to pay for their health insurance when they consistently rack up record profits???:duh:

Could it be that the govt is only overseeing CSPF?
Why is that? Are west coast Teamsters free loving hippies, while the east coast ones were robbing and thieving scumbags?

The difference being, a corporation is trying to make the executive board wealthy, a union is trying to get its members ( aka middle class ) a fair shake at a decent life.
If you compare the pay of the Union "leaders" to the pay of the members, you'd see you're statement is grossly false. The union is a corporation trying to make the "leaders" wealthy while the workers toil away. Also, if they're so concerned about the middle class, why is the middle class losing their pension? Will this affect the pension of the "leaders"?

Sad but true andone of the things that has turned me against them.

And one more thing that we can discuss..UPS Freight and how Jimmy the Great sold out the Central States Pension Fund, UPS Small Package aaandddddddd UPS Fr To obtain card check recognition for UPS Freight, Small Package was given a sweetheart deal, permitted to withdraw from CSPF, further damaging it along with some other tokens, Small Package workers ponying up heath care copays for one. Why the hell does a company like UPS Small Package need their work ay for their health insurance when they consistently rack up record profits???:duh:
We argued that situation when UPS contract talks were at an impasse.There was a clause that all supplements nationwide must be passed before the national contract could be ratified.This clause was in the bylaws of the Union Constitution.So in order to pass the latest UPS contract.The Union Executives came together and changed that wording in the bylaws.Therefore allowing passage of a weaker deal.The problem local that was holding up the whole show was the local in Louisville Ky.Whereby the squashed the President of that local.He is currently the frontrunner in the coming election for General President.

We argued that situation when UPS contract talks were at an impasse.There was a clause that all supplements nationwide must be passed before the national contract could be ratified.This clause was in the bylaws of the Union Constitution.So in order to pass the latest UPS contract.The Union Executives came together and changed that wording in the bylaws.Therefore allowing passage of a weaker deal.The problem local that was holding up the whole show was the local in Louisville Ky.Whereby the squashed the President of that local.He is currently the frontrunner in the coming election for General President.

I'm assuming the rank and file didn't get to vote on the change to the bylaw wording... Again, the leadership of the union doesn't have it's members best interest at heart. They're just paying the exorbitant salaries of the officials, that's all. I'd rather walk into my boss' office alone and call him a sumbitch and get away with it if he's got it coming than to pay my good money each month to a bunch of lying crooks who think I'm a fool and are actively seeking to better themselves at my expense.

Why is that? Are west coast Teamsters free loving hippies, while the east coast ones were robbing and thieving scumbags?
As is throughout life they were just different entities with different mindsets. The Western Teamsters brought in a wider array of participants than the rest of the funds did, which played a big role in their success. They also rejected YRC's reduced payments into the Fund and allocate it to a separate fund.

I'm assuming the rank and file didn't get to vote on the change to the bylaw wording... Again, the leadership of the union doesn't have it's members best interest at heart. They're just paying the exorbitant salaries of the officials, that's all. I'd rather walk into my boss' office alone and call him a sumbitch and get away with it if he's got it coming than to pay my good money each month to a bunch of lying crooks who think I'm a fool and are actively seeking to better themselves at my expense.
On the other hand UPS union members are still getting paid more than you and I and I'm at YRC.But yes the Union officials do look after their own purse before all others

This quote right here says it all.:1036316054:

It's really quite simple, the union companies have better insurance than most of the others. But that is where it ends.

The ones who continue to defend the union for their support of bad contracts, are the entire problem. The upper level union bosses have no accountability because the members refuse to hold them accountable.

Keep letting them off the hook, and you get more crappy contracts.