XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

If I sound like I'm down on the Teamsters Union I am coming across clearly. Not unions in general, just the current Teamsters Union. Yep, I have a bone or two to pick with them and all I have to do is share my knowledge and experiences, no need to bullshit anyone or paint a picture that doesn't exist. I had a business agent who did not want to come out and do his job. His MO was to come out, support management and embarrass us, then we wouldn't bother him again and it wasn't only me so I'm not crying that I was singled out by him. I have seen how sneaky they are at giving themselves raises during the summer months when meetings are suspended for the season then not read the minutes from the meetings where they gave themselves the raises. $100,000/year not enough? Charge lunch on the Local's credit card 'til they get audited. Then there is no punishment or repayment of funds, it's just, "You can't do that". Do that in public politics and your career is over and it should be within the union as well.

Do you work for Con-way, OD and FXF all at the same time? How do you know? I call shenanigans!
No I don't work at any of them !
I do have friends who lost their jobs when YRC and RWDY merged. The are now working for these three company's.
So believe what you want.
Funny thing the Terminal manager at OD here was a Teamster I worked right along side with for a few years.

Where did my buddy go? I have some more things I'd like to discuss with him about our 'union'.
He messaged me after reading the stickies at the top, and has respectfully decided to not bring up Union topics here. I appreciate that.

No I don't work at any of them !
I do have friends who lost their jobs when YRC and RWDY merged. The are now working for these three company's.
So believe what you want.
Funny thing the Terminal manager at OD here was a Teamster I worked right along side with for a few years.

Well good for our TM! I had an old manager from Yellow myself. Freight companies retreat management just as much as drivers.

The Teamsters have always supported both parties, maybe not to the same extent. They want to say I supported you now you can help me not unlike most every corporation in America. The Teamsters endorsed Ronald Reagan when he ran.
The difference being, a corporation is trying to make the executive board wealthy, a union is trying to get its members ( aka middle class ) a fair shake at a decent life.

If I sound like I'm down on the Teamsters Union I am coming across clearly. Not unions in general, just the current Teamsters Union. Yep, I have a bone or two to pick with them and all I have to do is share my knowledge and experiences, no need to :horseshit: anyone or paint a picture that doesn't exist. I had a business agent who did not want to come out and do his job. His MO was to come out, support management and embarrass us, then we wouldn't bother him again and it wasn't only me so I'm not crying that I was singled out by him. I have seen how sneaky they are at giving themselves raises during the summer months when meetings are suspended for the season then not read the minutes from the meetings where they gave themselves the raises. $100,000/year not enough? Charge lunch on the Local's credit card 'til they get audited. Then there is no punishment or repayment of funds, it's just, "You can't do that". Do that in public politics and your career is over and it should be within the union as well.

I agree, their career should be over. Why havent they been voted out? And prior to that why wasnt a petition circulated to remove your b.a.? There are checks and balances in the system that are there to prevent these kinds of problems. Non union companies dont have that.

Why havent they been voted out? And prior to that why wasnt a petition circulated to remove your b.a.?
Good points, not enough support to petition that B/A out of our shop but he did get tossed out of another. Additionally, there is no support from the IBT or the Local to enforce such a petition for removal, the only time we really get to choose our reps is in the election. He did get subsequently removed by the membership only to get replaced by a crook, who was subsequently removed several years later after doing a lot of damage to workers in the area. I have witnessed non elected personnel appointed to positions that they were not eligible to be appointed to having not been elected, more great work by our 'Brotherhood'.