Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

so you will; vote yes because you are just happy to have a job .

I will vote yes because my job at YRC with additional concessions is better than alternative job opportunities where I will bear a much higher cost for my healthcare, where my wages will be less, and my hours will be less predictable. You act like I want/need to work for YRC. I don't care who my employer is, if someone made me a better financial offer tomorrow I'd take it in a heartbeat. But I fail to see all of these awesome jobs everyone is talking about.

It's not just "a job" - this is my best economic opportunity at the moment. Best for me and my family. Clearly I could find another job, but my income and benefits from YRC even after these concessions are still a hell of a lot better than what most other people get.

I will vote yes because my job at YRC with additional concessions is better than alternative job opportunities where I will bear a much higher cost for my healthcare, where my wages will be less, and my hours will be less predictable. You act like I want/need to work for YRC. I don't care who my employer is, if someone made me a better financial offer tomorrow I'd take it in a heartbeat. But I fail to see all of these awesome jobs everyone is talking about.

It's not just "a job" - this is my best economic opportunity at the moment. Best for me and my family. Clearly I could find another job, but my income and benefits from YRC even after these concessions are still a hell of a lot better than what most other people get.

Well stated. I think what infuriates so many here is that they likely DON'T represent the opinions of most the other 25,400 teamsters at YRCF. You continue to bring compelling and logical reasons to the debate. I especially like the insight about the banks and the bond holders. They took it HARDER AND DEEPER than the teamsters. And maybe, just maybe they too just like us have FINALLY had enough. Bankruptcy is a REAL threat. And should that occur kiss the contract AND the MOUs good bye. If we are fortunate enough to escape liquidation!
Also does anyone really believe a no vote is going to punish Overland Park?

Hi guys, back on the road so I have a little time to post. I got home wednesday morning to find a bunch of mail from y r c on my kitchen counter. I instantly thought what an insult to my family and myself. I threw it all right in the garbage . I did not look at it all. Did they think that this was going to be the topic at the dining room table on Thanksgiving Day. I don't think so . It is so sad the extremes that these people go through to try to steal money off of us and fill their pockets with it, so sad. If you really feel that you need to vote yes and you're not a yrc implant on truckers boards that is a decision you're going to have to make but for me I'm voting No. But just remember we are all brothers here and to vote YES on this would be to take every bit of overtime off of everybody on the dock and allow shiny wheels to come in and take my load at any time besides not funding the pension which is ultimately my security for my family and myself. It is a very sad day to see the extremes that yrc has gone thru. What little respect I did have for our management I lost. FS 123 Driver.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

If you think you're fooling anyone, think again. It's obvious that you were put here to post your bs garbage by our mis-management team. If the company gets what they propose then there will be pleanty of better options for work no matter where you live.

You wont be voting yes or no. The vote is only for the union employees. Not some office hack tasked to monitor social media to feel out how the leaked proposal is going over. Come january you'll be back to fetching coffee.

If you think you're fooling anyone, think again. It's obvious that you were put here to post your bs garbage by our mis-management team. If the company gets what they propose then there will be pleanty of better options for work no matter where you live.

Not everyone lives close to large diversified cities. The folks in places like Owatonna, MN. or Boise, ID. or Mansfield, OH. even with continued concessions YRCF will be a GOOD job.

If everything is so obvious, then why haven't all of our teamsters on layoff found such wonderful work opportunities elsewhere? Are they all missing something or is that $300 unemployment check really the best they can do? Why do so many people who do end up getting another job quit it to come back when they are called in?

So make a better argument. Why should someone like me who will be economically better off working at YRC with these concessions vote no anyway? I have 30+ years in, can continue to add a tiny bit to my pension, where is the incentive to vote no? Especially teamsters who already can work 60 hours as it stands (and most people at my barn do) and are in no danger of being on layoff - we won't lose a dime from these concessions (as posted on TDU).

If everything is so obvious, then why haven't all of our teamsters on layoff found such wonderful work opportunities elsewhere? Are they all missing something or is that $300 unemployment check really the best they can do? Why do so many people who do end up getting another job quit it to come back when they are called in?

So make a better argument. Why should someone like me who will be economically better off working at YRC with these concessions vote no anyway? I have 30+ years in, can continue to add a tiny bit to my pension, where is the incentive to vote no? Especially teamsters who already can work 60 hours as it stands (and most people at my barn do) and are in no danger of being on layoff - we won't lose a dime from these concessions (as posted on TDU).
OT after 40 is losing money as evidenced last week with a 3 day work week. Subcontracting more work is losing money as more drivers will sit. Taking from H&W is losing money as the health funds will demand higher copay. Sorry pal, you and TDU are wrong.

OT after 40 is losing money as evidenced last week with a 3 day work week. Subcontracting more work is losing money as more drivers will sit. Taking from H&W is losing money as the health funds will demand higher copay. Sorry pal, you and TDU are wrong.

Any paid day off counts as time worked!
So if you worked 3days and got paid for Thursday and Friday you have 40 hours and would be paid OT for any extra work!
DUH!!!!:regretful:

Any paid day off counts as time worked!
So if you worked 3days and got paid for Thursday and Friday you have 40 hours and would be paid OT for any extra work!
DUH!!!!:regretful:

Yeah. Tell me how that works out next year.

That's not how YRC currently does it with the non-union office staff, the girls were complaining this morning about losing OT pay for last week, with them it's 40 hrs worked not 40 hours paid.

That's not how YRC currently does it with the non-union office staff, the girls were complaining this morning about losing OT pay for last week, with them it's 40 hrs worked not 40 hours paid.

Non-Union Let me guess they want to join the Union now:17:

Article 61......
In any week in which paid holidays fall, the guaranteed workweek
shall be reduced by eight(8) hours for each such holiday when such
holidays fall within the scheduled workweek. All hours worked in
excess of the hours in the workweek so reduced shall be paid at the
rate of one and one-half (1-1/2) times the regular rate, provided the
holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/CentralRegionOTRSupplementalAgreement.pdf

If you "yes" voters get your way, we will be gouged again and again. So you're saying that with all the cuts the company is trying to shove down our throats, that mowing lawns, cleaning pools, walking dogs, painting houses and baby sitting wouldn't be a better gig? You're wrong! This place would be 10 times worse than the jobs that ANYONE can do that i just mentioned. And no harassment from management, you would be your own boss.

Go ahead and vote yes, you will be in the minority.

So much that our Brothers and Sisters sacrificed over the years, and guys like you are willing to just give it all away. I'm sure your children will be proud that Dad bowed on his knees and quietly gave it all away. Thata boy. NOT!

Try and convince us again how a
yes vote would be best for all.

The issue I have with the OT after 40 is the laid-off workers. We have men and women who hustle the work available to them. They work across the weekend and work some OT to help make up the days of work they miss. They were screwed over on the 4hr deal last time. Our terminal had two 4's in a day split by 4hr off. Offered OT to the bid shift to cover the split.
I thought this an example of FLEXIBILITY YRC STYLE!!

The issue I have with the OT after 40 is the laid-off workers. We have men and women who hustle the work available to them. They work across the weekend and work some OT to help make up the days of work they miss. They were screwed over on the 4hr deal last time. Our terminal had two 4's in a day split by 4hr off. Offered OT to the bid shift to cover the split.
I thought this an example of FLEXIBILITY YRC STYLE!!

This is step 1. Once OT after 8 is gone they will come with OT after 45, 50, 55 etc. Then we will be in the boat with the clowns at OD. "one piece at a time"

They have squat. Everything is mortgaged out. Most the terminals were sold off and leased back. The pawned anything that wasnt nailed down. Their little assets are worthless. This pig has NO value except as an interest payment. Scrapers will be lined up at the auction.

They obviously have more assets than you think..

This is step 1. Once OT after 8 is gone they will come with OT after 45, 50, 55 etc. Then we will be in the boat with the clowns at OD. "one piece at a time"

Ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun!