FedEx Freight | Here it is

I want to vote for the union...

• YES

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • NO

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE.

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
to clarify,SGF lost 6 AMA daytime meets(540 mi),7 STL shuttles (454 mi),2 daytime LBB meets (640 mi),and the only WTK htrn we had(502 mi). We gained 2 BHM meets (574 mi) and 2 EFH htrns(636 mi) all in the daytime. 12 can transfer to KCY,1 to STL, and 1 to WTK, a total of 14 drivers displaced

Text At the cmh meeting we were told we were losing 23 runs. All over the place. Todays update "oops we forgot 3 nhs gone too" 26 losses.

Another update.... Not only did they miss the 3 NHS meets they also missed a JXN that was cancelled along with a Newburg, PA meet that was added on. New totals for CMH are 27 runs cancelled and 7 gains.

We were also told that 1mil pounds/day will be diverted from our docks each day, but yet no one is allowed to dovetail anywhere from here and 4 are aloud to transfer in? WTF!

I agree why can't Cmh dovetail in somewhere? Cmh is losing 1/3 of their runs and drivers are going to forced on the xboard. Which means they won't be working. Upper management is proud of themselves because they can say there is no layoffs. Instead they rather starve people out so thy quit. Can't get unployment if u quit so it is a win win for them.

Heard the news over here at Dayton Freight Lines and wanted you guys to know we are sorry to hear this. I'd like to extend a welcome to anyone looking for a job out in the midwest due to the changes. We are the fastest growing and most profitable private carrier in the country looking for good drivers. A lot of openings in the city and road. Road drivers here drive instead of doing the hub turns with dock work. Family owned company where people are treated with respect. Right now would be a great time to get in the door with our planned expansions and double digit growth we've been lucky to have over the past few years. Do your homework and talk to your friends about DFL and I think you will find it to be a great place to work. I like going to work and doing my job and not having to answer for every single move I make each day. Check out our website and fill out an application if you are ready to get back to the common sense basics in trucking. Better yet go check out our forum and look at the lack of complaints and comments. When you treat people right they don't need a sounding board.

I totally agree. I for one would transfer to DAY. They are slowing turning CMH into a economy only terminal.
I agree why can't Cmh dovetail in somewhere? Cmh is losing 1/3 of their runs and drivers are going to forced on the xboard. Which means they won't be working. Upper management is proud of themselves because they can say there is no layoffs. Instead they rather starve people out so thy quit. Can't get unployment if u quit so it is a win win for them.

Heard the news over here at Dayton Freight Lines and wanted you guys to know we are sorry to hear this. I'd like to extend a welcome to anyone looking for a job out in the midwest due to the changes. We are the fastest growing and most profitable private carrier in the country looking for good drivers. A lot of openings in the city and road. Road drivers here drive instead of doing the hub turns with dock work. Family owned company where people are treated with respect. Right now would be a great time to get in the door with our planned expansions and double digit growth we've been lucky to have over the past few years. Do your homework and talk to your friends about DFL and I think you will find it to be a great place to work. I like going to work and doing my job and not having to answer for every single move I make each day. Check out our website and fill out an application if you are ready to get back to the common sense basics in trucking. Better yet go check out our forum and look at the lack of complaints and comments. When you treat people right they don't need a sounding board.

Thanks Sir for looking out for our guys.
That's some good info.

Found out today that IND is loosing 7 more runs for a total net loss of 26. New bid is posted. It's not going to be good. A lot of guys are looking for jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

in city meetings today in stl they asked all city guys to ask for more frt. but calldispatch before you load it unless you can fit the rest of the pickups on the brick How do you ask for freight and then not take it even asked got a look from the redshirt and he said we will send someone back oh yeah buddy let the fun begin soory to here about the folks who lost jobs or sitting at home we all pick on folks here for dumb stuff but went the chips fall we all feel the pain losing friends and family hope everyone finds work

Another update.... Not only did they miss the 3 NHS meets they also missed a JXN that was cancelled along with a Newburg, PA meet that was added on. New totals for CMH are 27 runs cancelled and 7 gains.

We were also told that 1mil pounds/day will be diverted from our docks each day, but yet no one is allowed to dovetail anywhere from here and 4 are aloud to transfer in? WTF!

hey brys,
did u mean a newburg NY? Becuse I know u meet newburg NY and pocono summit PA. Sorry to have u clarify,but the powers that be still haven"t had the big meeting with us yet! This fourm and talking with our meet drivers is the only info were even getting.

Just curious. The company is throwing alot of people to the extra board, to possibly starve them out. so no unemployment right. My question is can you still collect unemployment if you get fired, if so I think I might just have to have some real good mispulls or something of that nature. Cause I'd be damned if I'd walk away without getting any money from this company, just because they dont want to pay unemployment.

Just curious. The company is throwing alot of people to the extra board, to possibly starve them out. so no unemployment right. My question is can you still collect unemployment if you get fired, if so I think I might just have to have some real good mispulls or something of that nature. Cause I'd be damned if I'd walk away without getting any money from this company, just because they dont want to pay unemployment.

Yes but the company can contest it. I don't blame you, I got starved out years ago, its a pretty empty feeling.

Does it actually cost the company more in unemployment when they lay people off? Im not sure how it works,but Im sure they pay into the pool all the time.