TForce | Heres a wild idea.Strictly speculation of course.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
This is something I was thinking about today,on my route.

UPS is well on their way to come to an agreement on a union contract for INDY.
The first organized terminal of UPS Freight,their heavy freight division.

UPS purchased Overnite not that long after,Union Pacific Rail Road turned us loose.

Now heres the part of my thoughts that could be way out.

UPS could have made ABF a stand alone union company,an offer they couldn't refuse.

But maybe UPS bought Overnite knowing full well that the Teamsters would be all over us,as soon as we were rebranded.

It seemed odd that UPS's C.E.O. just allowed J.Hoffa Jr. to have at us with a card check.

Was the way it was carried out,UPS's,or the Teamsters idea?
Could it be that UPS has orchestrated this whole union organizing,from the start?
It maybe a part of their buisness plan?

They knew the Teamsters were after Overnite,to be unionized for many years.
This way they would allow union organizing on their terms with a contract to their liking?

Maybe just my wild imagination?
OR NOT?

What I think that was going on in UPS's head was this....
Look at FedX. What they bought and then look at Bill Z. (YRC) Roadway USF and there other brands. Then UPS woke up and said what have we let happen??? And jumped in and bought Overnight. Which was rumored to be for sale for a long time with out any offers....Which is why I think they bought Overnight

Apostolic said:

UPS purchased Overnite not that long after,Union Pacific Rail Road turned us loose.

UPS could have made ABF a stand alone union company,an offer they couldn't refuse.

But maybe UPS bought Overnite knowing full well that the Teamsters would be all over us,as soon as we were rebranded.

It seemed odd that UPS's C.E.O. just allowed J.Hoffa Jr. to have at us with a card check.

Could it be that UPS has orchestrated this whole union organizing,from the start?

This way they would allow union organizing on their terms with a contract to their liking?

OR NOT?
APO, this is the deal UPS bought Overnnite because it was believe it or not, a manageable company. And it was also a good deal. They spent $1.25 Billion, and got 300+ terminals plus the land and all the equipment. Now from my understanding the land is worth that by itself. And the real money is the Big OVERLY funded pension they just purchased. That was like a $400 million dollar discount. I think(correct me if I'm wrong) that there is a 2 year agreement in which UPS cannot fire any upper management unless there is a REAL reason. That is why things are a little crazy right now because UPS wants management gone. They want people who worship the shield and bleed brown. O managers bleed blue and gray and still want to do things their way. UPS does not care if we go union or not. I think that they would rather us have it, so as to prevent any legal battles that might happen likewhat happened with O and employees in the past. UPS would rather you file a grievance than sue them which would cost them the shield recognition.

UPS wants to save as much money as they can, spend the least money they can, and in the end make as much money as they can, and they are gonna do that union or non.

Well just in case you were woundering how I came to start this thread.
Heres my story,and I'm sticking to it.

Our lead dock gal,uses my tractor for yard work.
I have my radio tuned to either a Christian station or classical music.

I don't like that she has to target my tractor out of all the rest of our fleet,to do drops,and hooks.

She leaves greace on the back of the grab handle sometimes.

I always look for it now after learnning about it the hard way before hooking to my route trailer.

Well she either turns the power off,or turns the dial to no sound.

I don't think I'm leaving the sound up to much?

She must of really gave it a fast turn to no sound,when she used it Thursday night.

I couldn't get it to work when I came to get it for an early appoinment delivery.

No radio equalls thinking time.

So thats when I started thinking all these strange thoughts about the Teamsters,and UPS.

My theory is this union thing was a done deal many moons ago. Formalities now thats all. Notice how management is doing just about anything they please? Employees that would never sign a card are doing just that, how come? It's all part of a master plan. Intergration into a prodominate union family.

Apostolic said:

OR NOT?

I don't think it is odd AP. UPS just doest want anymore rock throwing and name calling. It's bad for their image.

BusterNite said:
I think that their is to much thinking going on here. You are drivers and you are not paid to think!
I think for free Bus, that's why they don't like me at my terminal. Most of the time I keep my mouth shut because I realize what we are all in is a big waiting game. Sometimes I make a mistake and speak my mind..still young I guess, but learning.

I also had an idea, why do you think that UPS offered subpar insurance and from what I was told if you have wife and kids on insurance the price almost doubled, from what we had at overnite and aetna appears to have a problem paying claims, and they didn't offer much of a pay raise in jan.

That did that so negoitation time they would have a lower starting point.

They knew all along we would eventually be union.

Some of this sounds true. Remember O and MC has union barns and if UPS thought they could come in and remove that they would be wrong. So they opened the door for terminals to organize, then when it's all done they could get right down to the business of being the best.

SlowRide said:
Some of this sounds true. Remember O and MC has union barns and if UPS thought they could come in and remove that they would be wrong. So they opened the door for terminals to organize, then when it's all done they could get right down to the business of being the best.

Correction, Overnite has no {O} unions terminals. They all uncertified thanks to hoffa.

With my broken radio these thoughts came to me,and may have been way out of this world.
But from all the post replys to this thread I may not be the only one that thinks theres more to UPS's CEO turning us over to the Teamsters so easy at Vagus this year
After all of the Teamsters tactics in trying to organize our company,and all the oppossion that came forth from Overnites upper management.
Than in just a very short time after we were rebranded UPS Freight.
UPS just throws us to the union,for a winner take all organizing effort.

I'm really thinking it was UPS's intention for our company to fall into Teamster representation on their terms.

The other thing is UPS has been introducing a lot of their ways they deal with their unionized parcel workers,on us,and we aren't Teamsters.

Well yet anyways.
Maybe UPS is so used to dealling with the Teamsters for so many years they'd feel better if everything was spelled out in a contract for them to operate the heavy freight division?

Again as my friend Skeeter says,time will tell.

Apostolic said:
With my broken radio these thoughts came to me,and may have been way out of this world.
But from all the post replys to this thread I may not be the only one that thinks theres more to UPS's CEO turning us over to the Teamsters so easy at Vagus this year
After all of the Teamsters tactics in trying to organize our company,and all the oppossion that came forth from Overnites upper management.
Than in just a very short time after we were rebranded UPS Freight.
UPS just throws us to the union,for a winner take all organizing effort.

I'm really thinking it was UPS's intention for our company to fall into Teamster representation on their terms.

The other thing is UPS has been introducing a lot of their ways they deal with their unionized parcel workers,on us,and we aren't Teamsters.

Well yet anyways.
Maybe UPS is so used to dealling with the Teamsters for so many years they'd feel better if everything was spelled out in a contract for them to operate the heavy freight division?

Again as my friend Skeeter says,time will tell.
You should get that radio fixed....your working that old box of rocks to hard...LOL:hysterical: