TForce | Heres a wild idea.Strictly speculation of course.

Skeeter said:
The pension was 100% funded. Not 90%:shades:
Skeeter,
I was told and remembered from the meetings that the O fund was 93 or 94% funded. In this years meeting, our pension is over 100% funded. There was an article, can't find it now, but it stated that the UPS plan was 113% funded and this was in 2004. I think they helped our fund more than we helped their fund.. Just my thoughts...

webidiot said:
you assume that UPS is smart and wanted to buy a bankrupt company. They got caught with their pants down and believed what O said to them with out investigation.....they thought they were getting a bargain, boy were they wrong. Fedex is cleaning their clock....

You're right with good loyal people like you FedEx will clean our clock. Hopefully put us out of business and you can start at the bottom with FedEx. Yea, That sounds good to me.:bicycle:

What UPS got when they purchased "O and MC" was a company that pretty much owned all their assets. The land and buildings alone would bring in a hefty dollar. The equipment, thousands of trailers, fork trucks, dollies and power units may have not been up to snuff, but are also paid for. Lets not forget either the customer base, some with contracts and many that have seen better days with us. Sight unseen its probably a wash. Right now FDX Frt is cleaning our clocks. But today we have the backing of a financially solid, well oiled machine. Sometimes it is painfully slow to see the changes but they are happening. I give the company 100% everyday even though I am pro-union. Why? Because no matter what my follow employees think, non-union or pro-union, a company with more money than God will only invest and continue to invest in a profitable operation. Thats just plain business sense. UPS saved a sinking ship. But it doesn't mean we can stop bailing. Don't underestimate how shrewed an operator the machine is. We will catch and pass FDX. But we have a lot to grow.

I have a serious question here.....You guys say that FDX is cleaning your clock but I wasn't aware that you guys were really a big player in the shorthaul market like FDX and Conway. I was under the impression that you pretty much competed with the longhaul LTL's. Other than Nightliner, how much of an effort is made in the 2 day markets?

stldude44 said:
I have a serious question here.....You guys say that FDX is cleaning your clock but I wasn't aware that you guys were really a big player in the shorthaul market like FDX and Conway. I was under the impression that you pretty much competed with the longhaul LTL's. Other than Nightliner, how much of an effort is made in the 2 day markets?
Overnite was in the top 5 carriers going by the revenue. I don't know who is number one now. I think FedEX Frt.

Browne1 said:
Overnite was in the top 5 carriers going by the revenue. I don't know who is number one now. I think FedEX Frt.

I would think YRCW is number 1 in Freight that is.

Browne1 said:
Browne1,
Thanks. I was aware of that. I was wondering just how much a player you guys are in the shorthaul market.

Covvgirl said:
Bottom line.. UPS bought out Overnite for tax write offs of billions of dollars and because they want to STAY the largest trucking company in the free world Next yr they will buy another company out for another write off, it will go on & on & on. until the LTL and Truckload companies give in because they no longer can make it. it may not happen in our life time but it will happen. 25 yrs ago they were the largest and North Amercian Van lines was 2nd. I'm not sure where NAVL is today but UPS is still #1 and always be. Union or non union they could care less..

LP3 in this case is the magic word. Currently there is several different companies doing the exact same thing as UPS. DHL, FXF,EVERGREEN SCHNEIDER, and as I said there is more to this than just being union and nonunion , and you mentioned one of them which is a tax write off. Do some investigative work and you shall see.

This WED. a co. in poland ( the name of this company lost me rite now ) ,lynx in england and us, as well as one in china, will be active on the diad system. So as you can see there is more than meet's the eye in this case.:Banger-Cow: :Banger-Cow:

Skeeter said:
You're right with good loyal people like you FedEx will clean our clock. Hopefully put us out of business and you can start at the bottom with FedEx. Yea, That sounds good to me.:bicycle:

Again people should start reading the investment rags, before making statements as such!!!!:Banger-Cow:

stldude44 said:

Another reason for UPS purchasing us is we do the longhaul as well as the shorthaul under one roof, and FXF ,CCX, is cleaning our clock's with this stuff. reason being , CCX has changed with the times and is moving the same type of freight as us( longhaul and then changed emphasis to the shorthaul market which is extreamly profitable( niteliner in our case).
FXF had five or so years on us, turned thier co. around with the huge sale's staff , and is now #1 in the shorthaul market with Old Dom trailing behind them, CCX behind them, then new penn, and then UPSF. YRC is the biggest company in terms of realestate, and at this time own the longhaul market along with roadway and ABf.

webidiot said:
you assume that UPS is smart and wanted to buy a bankrupt company. They got caught with their pants down and believed what O said to them with out investigation.....they thought they were getting a bargain, boy were they wrong. Fedex is cleaning their clock....
You surely don't believe this. UPS does not buy anything without investigation. Not even "O" bought anything (MC) without investigation.

BusterNite said:
You surely don't believe this. UPS does not buy anything without investigation. Not even "O" bought anything (MC) without investigation.

Timestudies. now ask yourself how long have you heard the rumor's that UPS was going to buy us. Then 1 day it finally happens. Timestudies UPS is known for that, without doubt.

Not to be offensive webidiot, but contradict my statement with proof.. They are a union company making a bundle and is a very sound investment ( FBS MAG. FIN. TIMES, LOG. MGNT, QRTLY. TMS., SQ.COM) and has been for many years, even during the strike. Most articles continue to say that at this time for the past 2 yr's, they are the most stable of any company in logistics, with the most $$$$ in the bank, A bank they own, 3 to be exact.

Skeeter said:
Yes, Now but not back then. This road is going to be a long one.
well skeeter we meet with ken hall saturday in indy he is over the ups agreement negotiations start next week :ontopic:

This contract should be very interesting.
Seeing the NMFA contract expiration is fast approaching.
My local union hall leaders said we weren't going to be able to get as good of a contract as the NMFA,but we'd be better off than what we are getting now.

Now heres the deal that I wounder what kind of contract INDY will come up with?

If the Teamsters negotiate a cheaper contract than their coveted NMFA,than their contracts talks with the few remaining Teamster LTL companies won't go well.
Why would Yellow,ABF,and whatever other Teamster companies want to have to pay more in wages,and benefits?
When UPS Freight is an LTL company like they are with a lesser contract.

Yup this is going to be very interesting.
I wounder if the Teamsters took this into account to have the UPS Freight contract talks so close to their NMFA?

bighammer said:
well skeeter we meet with ken hall saturday in indy he is over the ups agreement negotiations start next week :ontopic:

You mean to tell me the negotiation's have not started yet, Or are you telling us they are over and the info meeting is this weekend, and you get to see what has been thoughtup thus far?

bighammer said:
BIG Hammer, do you know of some of the things you guys want to change? Just curious as to how things are going. Any info is good....

Apostolic said:
This contract should be very interesting.
Seeing the NMFA contract expiration is fast approaching.
My local union hall leaders said we weren't going to be able to get as good of a contract as the NMFA,but we'd be better off than what we are getting now.

Now heres the deal that I wounder what kind of contract INDY will come up with?

If the Teamsters negotiate a cheaper contract than their coveted NMFA,than their contracts talks with the few remaining Teamster LTL companies won't go well.
Why would Yellow,ABF,and whatever other Teamster companies want to have to pay more in wages,and benefits?
When UPS Freight is an LTL company like they are with a lesser contract.

Yup this is going to be very interesting.
I wounder if the Teamsters took this into account to have the UPS Freight contract talks so close to their NMFA?

If we do not get at the very least NMFA,or above , the teamster's has lost my vote!!!!!!! Why waste my time ,and as I said before, this contract will show us just exactly what the teamster's are made of, If they want other companies to join the bandwagon, they are not going to do this with less than the NMFA is for sure.!!!!

I was thinkin today.. Thats something my kids tell me not to do..They say mom your gonna have a problem if you keep thinkin. So I'm thinkin.. say UPSF goes union, are they gonna need to raise thier freight charges, everyone is saying more pay better this better that, pay you for the work you do, And lets say you do get everything or atleast 75% of what you think you have coming and they raise the frt charges and some companies gonna stop trading with UPSF because they can get it hauled somewhere else cheaper in the same amount of time. Now this is only a thought, please no one jump my butt . I would just like opinon on it.