FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic: How Should Layoffs Be Done

We had a rule book before the "change" and the rule book also stated that any of the rule's or policy's set in place could be changed at any time if the terminal manager felt that the change would benefit his terminal. You can imagine how this could have gotten out of control. Meaning, what the manager felt benefited his terminal. That rule book is now null and void.

"Street Rules" are so much more fun. What is the sense in claiming to have any sort of guidelines if the ones that institute them can't adhere to them???

We had a rule book before the "change" and the rule book also stated that any of the rule's or policy's set in place could be changed at any time if the terminal manager felt that the change would benefit his terminal. You can imagine how this could have gotten out of control. Meaning, what the manager felt benefited his terminal. That rule book is now null and void.

screw that, I prefer grey areas man, keeps work exciting also it's much more fun to see the guy that has 2 weeks a year vacation sneer at you when he picks before you do and you have 3 weeks vacation.

That guy EARNED it man so get the hell outta here with your fancy smancy crap :loser:

screw that, I prefer grey areas man, keeps work exciting also it's much more fun to see the guy that has 2 weeks a year vacation sneer at you when he picks before you do and you have 3 weeks vacation.

That guy EARNED it man so get the hell outta here with your fancy smancy crap :loser:

I know what your saying and this would surely burn me up. Hope you guy's get it fixed.

Anyone who has been here more than a minute knows that. They make up/change the rules everyday; I am certain that is why there is not a "hard copy" of the driver manual as once was.

Kinda funny... The HR man, when asked about getting a current copy of the drivers manual, said exactly that! They make changes faster than they can print manuals. WTF? :biglaugh:

So that really is why we don't have a hard copy. That alone say quite a lot.

I say if fedex can sponsor nascar, college football, pro frootball , golf and everything else they sponsor why in the h--- r we having layoff's. Personaly i think it's bull s--- but thats me
I agree with you make.I'm not voting on this because i feel that fedex needs to scale back on what they sponsor and trim some of the corp.fat,do we need all these department in the home office. i don't here of any lay-offs in harrison.why is it always the hard working drivers-dockworkers being let go when all i ever heard in my 12 years here is-(you the drivers are the backbone of the company).WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE.

My Center Manager called this morning and said that our road driver meetings scheduled for today and tomorrow have been rescheduled to Thursday and Friday. Never a good sign when they schedule meetings at the end of a week in my past work experience.

All you can do is hope it is all good news jdk. I bet there is a lot of fat to trim down there in the home office, Tons of made up jobs anyway.

I say if fedex can sponsor nascar, college football, pro frootball , golf and everything else they sponsor why in the h--- r we having layoff's. Personaly i think it's bull s--- but thats me
Don't forget every time you see the Fed Ex name in a race or golf tour or on a stadium it is worth millions of dollars
it is the ads that has made Fed Ex a verb as well as a noun

Don't forget every time you see the Fed Ex name in a race or golf tour or on a stadium it is worth millions of dollars
it is the ads that has made Fed Ex a verb as well as a noun

:popcorn:The movie "Castaway" actually did alot for name recognition.:popcorn:

hey JEFF maybe u know this or not. does company senority start when your full time or when u hired part time. don't have a clue thats why i'm asking

hey JEFF maybe u know this or not. does company senority start when your full time or when u hired part time. don't have a clue thats why i'm asking

I would assume full time but who knows

Wolfie, Wanted to thank you for taking cc days so I could get some hours, I really appriciate it. Got called in this morning and got my layoff papers. Jim

hey jeff maybe u know this or not. Does company senority start when your full time or when u hired part time. Don't have a clue thats why i'm asking
from part time hire date because i have one just above me that i know was put full time after me,

Should the company layoff by job class seniority or company seniority?

(This should be fun)

I was thinking about something and I wanted to know what you all thought. Some employee's feel company seniority should be the only basis on which lay offs should be based on regardless if you got hired at your present terminal or at another terminal and transferred. I agree. It is not right that a 10 year P&D employee gets to keep his job while a 20 year veteran Line driver gets layed off because he switched job classifications to P&D 1 year ago. My question is since we are respecting company seniority then the employee with 10 years seniority should be able to bump any employee with less seniority than him at any service center, should he not?
What say you?
:drama:

I thimk if you are forced to transfer you should take your seniority with you or atleast half of it.... if you just transfer to be in the warm tropical paradise I live in, then you should go to the bottom....

my opinion only

FEDEX didnt care what job class I was in when i was bottom city driver.filled in for the road all the time,vac etc...drivers i thought were interchangable.weather they change sc or not its the same company.i feel company sen.should rule when it comes to layoffs ...

I thimk if you are forced to transfer you should take your seniority with you or atleast half of it.... if you just transfer to be in the warm tropical paradise I live in, then you should go to the bottom....

my opinion only

NC, paradise????? Now you're reaching..........:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Same center, one board, center seniority should prevail. I agree with your assessment of transfers, but I am not too sure about that half thing for forced transfer. If they close centers, you should dovetail at your transfer job...IMO