FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic: How Should Layoffs Be Done

Smokestack, if anyone volunteers to take lay off, they would NOT qualify for unemployment. Nobody in their right mind would do that. Might as well commit *******!! If you take the $3000.00 Fed Ex offers you instead of the 3 month lay off, you will NOT qualify for unemployment. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW!

NC, paradise????? Now you're reaching..........:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Same center, one board, center seniority should prevail. I agree with your assessment of transfers, but I am not too sure about that half thing for forced transfer. If they close centers, you should dovetail at your transfer job...IMO

Now why exactly should center seniority prevail? We all work for FedEx Freight, not a local franchise...

I could see a one year wait (at the bottom) untill you dovetail in when you transfer. That would be reasonable.

Now why exactly should center seniority prevail? We all work for FedEx Freight, not a local franchise...

I could see a one year wait (at the bottom) untill you dovetail in when you transfer. That would be reasonable.

I'm saying, if you go from one board to the other (stupid two board system, IMO), Center seniority should prevail. If you are forced to transfer, straight dovetail, no wait. I could see if you voluntarily transfer, a one year wait, then dovetail. I like it. SwampRatt, we just solved this whole thing, call Fred and tell him how we are doing things from now on:waycool::1036316054::1036316054:

It currently does work that way. I have two people above me on the road board that would be let go before me, because I have company seniority over them.

Smokestack, if anyone volunteers to take lay off, they would NOT qualify for unemployment. Nobody in their right mind would do that. Might as well commit *******!! If you take the $3000.00 Fed Ex offers you instead of the 3 month lay off, you will NOT qualify for unemployment. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW!

Why cant you take unemployment?

Why cant you take unemployment?

When you take severance, you opt out of unemployment. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to get it if you took voluntary layoff. The only time the co. has legal ground to stand on when denying unemployment is if you violated company policy...say DWI, fail a urinalisis, fail to report an accident...those kind of things. I have known people to quit and get unemployment before.

I do have to say it must vary depending on what state laws are in place where you live. In California severance does not effect your UI benefits.. YMMV

I'm saying, if you go from one board to the other (stupid two board system, IMO), Center seniority should prevail. If you are forced to transfer, straight dovetail, no wait. I could see if you voluntarily transfer, a one year wait, then dovetail. I like it. SwampRatt, we just solved this whole thing, call Fred and tell him how we are doing things from now on:waycool:

I'll get him on the line right away :biglaugh: There could be a big bonus in it for us. Oops, nevermind...No bonus:duh:

I'll tell u all that at my center the road drivers seem to be god. The word is here that the ones that have been put back to the dock might be gitting to go back to there city seniority when they left for the road. Thats a bunch of bull S--T.

I'll tell u all that at my center the road drivers seem to be god. The word is here that the ones that have been put back to the dock might be gitting to go back to there city seniority when they left for the road. Thats a bunch of bull S--T.

Time to call the hill .

it should be company seniority only, why should someone that 's been there 1 or 2 years get to keep there job when someone has been there for 9 or 10 years get's a lay off for 90 day's and might not be called back after that.

If you don't bring this to the company's attention how can you expect something to be done.

I've heard alot of talk about layoffs, but have heard nothing about prayer---- or atleast how our thoughts are with everyone who has no JOB. Fed-ex or not!

I've heard alot of talk about layoffs, but have heard nothing about prayer---- or atleast how our thoughts are with everyone who has no JOB. Fed-ex or not!

If you want to Pray...Lets pray the U.S is making the right choices with this "Stimulous Package". :flame:

I now understand why fed ex drivers are on R&L's board,I had no idea that fed ex was laying off. Feel free to keep checking us out,we are not as bad as we may seem on these boards. We may be disfunctional at times,but we are all still family. There is a hiring freeze on right now,but I heard that we will be hiring at the end of march or the first of april. You stand a better chance if you know someone at the terminal in your area. They also just bought ABCO and Spirit Express,you may be able to check there too. Hope things work out for you,keep on trucking!!!