FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

Troublemaker! :popcorn: Greed is the main problem with everything in our world. He has a nice truck, wife(arm candy), $400,000 house, bass boat(the nice ones), Harley(that leaks), stuff, stuff.
Look at the stock market, commodities, it's all greed and it's all Bullsh_t!

troublemaker! :popcorn: Greed is the main problem with everything in our world. He has a nice truck, wife(arm candy), $400,000 house, bass boat(the nice ones), harley(that leaks), stuff, stuff.
Look at the stock market, commodities, it's all greed and it's all bullsh_t!

amen driver!

How is mileage the same as over time?
There is no reason to cut my hours because it doesnt change anything,someone will still have to cover the bid.Besides that they are cutting drivers dock hours at the hubs,so a lot of road drivers ARE taking pay cuts.Me personally lost $300 a week.
I guess you feel it should be you or someone else that isnt working?Do you think its right to put your home and familys well being before mine?I dont think so.If your not getting the hours here go somewhere else.Thats what i would do,i wouldnt be here crying here about it.Its all about seniority,if its 2 boards or 1 the senior guys will always be working.:smilie_132:

Don't play dumb...
Mileage: .55 X 60 = $33 Overtime: $32.40

I'm not whining about it. Pay is not the point here DRIVER! The point is when the company is said to be struggling and EVERYONE takes a cut, why shouldn't EVERYONE take the cut...

I could use the same arguement as you and say I should still get my hours because someone will have to do the work I've been doing... But common sense will tell you (or it should) that spreding the work around... will keep everyone fed and keep the drivers we have ready for when things turn around.

Guys like you think you should sit on your high horse and obsever everyone else tighten their belts. WHY?

Its NOT all about seniority. Seniority will keep your job but shouldn't keep you immune from belt tightening... simple as that

Don't play dumb...
Mileage: .55 X 60 = $33 Overtime: $32.40

I'm not whining about it. Pay is not the point here DRIVER! The point is when the company is said to be struggling and EVERYONE takes a cut, why shouldn't EVERYONE take the cut...

I could use the same arguement as you and say I should still get my hours because someone will have to do the work I've been doing... But common sense will tell you (or it should) that spreding the work around... will keep everyone fed and keep the drivers we have ready for when things turn around.

Guys like you think you should sit on your high horse and obsever everyone else tighten their belts. WHY?

Its NOT all about seniority. Seniority will keep your job but shouldn't keep you immune from belt tightening... simple as that

It is all about seniority,the ones with the highest will be the ones working.What so hard to understand?Should i let lower senior guys work to pay there bills, and i sit home and not pay mine.Spreading the work around is not the answer.I am working for my family not anyone elses.This has nothing to do with GREED as some others have stated.It has to do with seniority and survival.Those with the least will be the first to go.Sorry to be so blunt but thats the way it is.:smilie_132:

It is all about seniority,the ones with the highest will be the ones working.What so hard to understand?Should i let lower senior guys work to pay there bills, and me sit home and not pay mine.Spreading the work around is not the answer.I am working for my family not anyone elses.This has nothing to do with GREED as some others have stated.It has to do with seniority and survival.Those with the least will be the first to go.Sorry to be so blunt but thats the way it is.:smilie_132:

Thats not exactly true.....

It's all about "Board Seniority" which is the day you started running linehaul.

Seniority = Your hire date.

Two totally different things

Thats not exactly true.....

It's all about "Board Seniority" which is the day you started running linehaul.

Seniority = Your hire date.

Two totally different things
Correct me if i am wrong but i started as a road driver so mine are the same,i understand what you are saying though if someone started in the city and came to the road it would be different.
What ever the case is the top guy will work while the lower wont, weather its in the city or on the road.Seniority is there for a reason.

Correct me if i am wrong but i started as a road driver so mine are the same,i understand what you are saying though if someone started in the city and came to the road it would be different.
What ever the case is the top guy will work while the lower wont, weather its in the city or on the road.Seniority is there for a reason.

Board seniority is one thing and Seniority is another.

Your vacation time is earned by loyalty and longevity of your service.

Board Seniority means you were in the right place at the right time unless you were the first one to be hired in any service center as a road driver from day 1.

i was a city driver first and then went to the road i have more seniority then most of the drivers where i am at so does thar mean i should be ahead of them because i came to the road later, and the answeris no. Yes it would be nice to have a great road run but when i was a city driver work was good, then fedex came in and it all changed, and so did i with the times. i saw the writing on the wall and made the neccessary sacrifices both at work and especially at home. Is it fair that the economic strain is a little harder on city driver i dont know, maybe ask all the roadrivers in the south and midwest and yes enen in the east sitting home days sometimes weeks at a time. everyone has bills and everyone has to do whats best for them, but the situation is what it is.

Go troll on your own companys board

Nobody is immune from any cut backs. It can happen to anyone but if your seniority is respected you have a much better chance of working every day and you have that right. Seniority should count for something. No, I do not work for your company but I do know alot of drivers at your company that would love to have their seniority respected. Call me greedy if you want, I have 28 years of seniority and I will bump any where I want and I will work how ever many days a week I choose, I have earned that right!!!!!!!!!

Mister Righteous,

You really have no business posting on this board. If you have nothing CONSTRUCTIVE to say, maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself! Go whine on your own company's board. I'm really getting tired of you CHIMING in all the time about everything that does'nt concern you! Please go away!!! Your company will be BANKRUPT before year end,maybe you should start posting your resume on this site & see if anybody is interested.....

Im on a run in ftw that isnt running and im more than half way up the board and im sitting at home right now because they wont adjust runs to match freight levels. they have already figured out they can move freight in my run lane another way just as efficient aqs my run but they wont do anything until they see what happens feb 1 . to answer your question we all feel it.

Can you tell me that you are oblivious to what is going on around you when everyone from managers, office, custodial, shop and everyone else who works for this selfish company that the top 40% road drivers don't have to feel the pain of whats going on in this world... You have got to be kidding me pull your head out of the sand road driver, It is a privilege not a right, Give me a break and do you think that for one minute that from Fred Smith (I know its pennies on the dollar) to the custodian who worked for us for 20 years is going to take a pay cut and NOT you top 40%. You have earned what from who??? And go ahead and think that top 40% road will NOT feel the hurt because with this company you will, mark my word...You do not wear a crown.....

Mister Righteous,

You really have no business posting on this board. If you have nothing CONSTRUCTIVE to say, maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself! Go whine on your own company's board. I'm really getting tired of you CHIMING in all the time about everything that does'nt concern you! Please go away!!! Your company will be BANKRUPT before year end,maybe you should start posting your resume on this site & see if anybody is interested.....
Pretty rude and ignorant Shuttle Driver to say some ones company is going to go bankrupt. I look at other boards on here, aren't we allowed? except for the union only one.

The top 40 will feel it long after we're gone
I'll be setting home ,drinking beer, scratching myself,
my biggest concern will be turning in my weekly job search to the unemployable office
and watching some jacknifed fedex on tv from my couch/ bed
as the 40 % watch there taxes go up to buy me more beer
more beer please, thank you

interesting times are here. i didn't take the last wht bid going to sbr so i wouldn't
have to work the dock, so here i am getting more dock hours than the guy below
me that did take the bid. lol. it's amazing to see how many senior drivers are
humping freight every night at sbr, they get their bids cut, and it's forklift time.
people who swore they wouldn't work the dock no matter what. and the poor
dock workers getting laid off (ooppps, put "on call"). well, i hope prez barack
comes through in a hurry............

It is all about seniority,the ones with the highest will be the ones working.What so hard to understand?Should i let lower senior guys work to pay there bills, and i sit home and not pay mine.Spreading the work around is not the answer.I am working for my family not anyone elses.This has nothing to do with GREED as some others have stated.It has to do with seniority and survival.Those with the least will be the first to go.Sorry to be so blunt but thats the way it is.:smilie_132:

Hey Goob, this is the thread about the top % (of one job class) not feeling the PAIN of the across the board cut backs... Pay cuts, less hours etc. There is no reason, seniority or otherwise, for these top few in only one job classification to not share in the system wide cutbacks. Every other person in the company, many with more seniority than you, have taken a hit. System wide cuts mean... uhh... SYSTEM WIDE! Right?

Now Goob, on the topic you're talking about (Layoffs), I agree with you! Seniority is what will and should determine who stays and goes.

????????????????????????

loose cannon must be in the top 50% - 70% of the board! Nobody here is talking about living a pipe dream like the analogy you're trying to make. The only choice i made was to accept a position with fed ex freight as a full tine employee @ the time. I made a committment with them & they made a committment with me to be a fulltime employee. The pain is felt by the company & should be justifiably felt by everyone that works for fed ex freight is my point. senority or not!!!
must be a liberal? Why dodn't we just all be on xtra board and get offered runs on a daily basis based on seniority! Most of you want what those union guys have so lets just get it over with, trust me driver the top 50to 70% of there boards are working to. What is seniority if you can't use it.

Mister Righteous,

Wow that was pretty rude, I hope UPS does not go out of business. I still have a few years to retire. You should not break the rules of the trucking boards. Most would be banned for wishing the demise of any company,but maybe you are a:butt kiss:and can get away with it. I will stay here and post as long as I like. The truth hurts, The top city drivers and the top road drivers will always get the work, maybe your new to the LtL Industry, You should know this. Some day you will have some seniority and you will feel the same way as others regarding seniority. When the next round of layoffs come your way, Will you step up to the plate and take that layoff so that someone junior to you can work and feed his family??Or will you be greedy and use your seniority to keep your job???Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Goob, this is the thread about the top % (of one job class) not feeling the PAIN of the across the board cut backs... Pay cuts, less hours etc. There is no reason, seniority or otherwise, for these top few in only one job classification to not share in the system wide cutbacks. Every other person in the company, many with more seniority than you, have taken a hit. System wide cuts mean... uhh... SYSTEM WIDE! Right?

Now Goob, on the topic you're talking about (Layoffs), I agree with you! Seniority is what will and should determine who stays and goes.
Sorry i should have posted the last of my post on another thread.(my bad):nutkick:
As far as what you are talking about,how would you suggest it be handled?

Wow that was pretty rude, I hope UPS does not go out of business. I still have a few years to retire. You should not break the rules of the trucking boards. Most would be banned for wishing the demise of any company,but maybe you are a:butt kiss:and can get away with it. I will stay here and post as long as I like. The truth hurts, The top city drivers and the top road drivers will always get the work, maybe your new to the LtL Industry, You should know this. Some day you will have some seniority and you will feel the same way as others regarding seniority. When the next round of layoffs come your way, Will you step up to the plate and take that layoff so that someone junior to you can work and feed his family??Or will you be greedy and use your seniority to keep your job???Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

actually we don't celebrate the demise of another company. He is stating his opinion and if he had went to another company forum then I would have removed it. But since he is in his own forum, he has the right express his views as he see's it.
I cannot remove every post I don't personally agree with.