FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

What dont you get!

Wow that was pretty rude, I hope UPS does not go out of business. I still have a few years to retire. You should not break the rules of the trucking boards. Most would be banned for wishing the demise of any company,but maybe you are a:butt kiss:and can get away with it. I will stay here and post as long as I like. The truth hurts, The top city drivers and the top road drivers will always get the work, maybe your new to the LtL Industry, You should know this. Some day you will have some seniority and you will feel the same way as others regarding seniority. When the next round of layoffs come your way, Will you step up to the plate and take that layoff so that someone junior to you can work and feed his family??Or will you be greedy and use your seniority to keep your job???Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't know how you can't COMPREHEND the origonal posted topic here. Read Jeffs 1 st posted thread. Once comprehended reply to it! It asks about the top percent of Road Drivers have'nt been affected by all that's going on with the economy. The next question is why aren't the taking any kind of concessions? All you can do is chime in on every other post about their senority & how they earned their spot. I'm fully aware of how senority works & have no problem with anyone senior to me! Do you understand so far? The question still remains that you refuse to answer. If everyone else COMPANY WIDE has takes concessions,for example(city drivers-less hours, office people-less hours, operation supervisors-managers etc 5% reduction in pay) why should'nt the top % of the ROAD BOARD sacrifice anything. They work everynight and some sign up for weekend work while several other ROAD DRIVERS sit home. I'm sure all of our ROAD DRIVERS aren't GREEDY like you seem to be! A lot of them take nights off so junior guys can work.Maybe the COMPANY needs to take a look @ this & find a solution to this problem until things start to pick up. You seem like the Type that if you seem a FAMILY member DYING on the side of the road that you would just drive by!!!!

Sorry i should have posted the last of my post on another thread.(my bad):nutkick:
As far as what you are talking about,how would you suggest it be handled?

The only way I can think of to do it would be something like an across the board 4 day bid for (hopefully) a short time. Maybe one day off every 2 weeks would be more reasonable. I don't know. This would open up some work for those with none while giving others some much need time with the family.

This can (and has) been done in the city as well. It's not bad when the day rotates... 1 time it's Mon, then Tue, etc. On a 4 day rotation you get a 4 day weekend once a month which is nice. If it was done every 2 weeks, you'd get two 3 day weekends back to back. Not a bad compromise.

Just an idea... I know some will :Flame-On: which is fine. I've got friends on both ends of the spectrum. Some haven't missed a single day...Some haven't worked a single day...

Not sure what the future will bring but we need some workable ideas...

Agreed, we have 3+2 bids here, and we have 500 mile meets
here you could drop a bid every other week, plan it for the extra board, and everyone would work
upper managements not interested, the bid drivers aren't interested
its been 3 weeks of no work, if fedex really cared and wanted to keep you, they would have done somthing

I really don't know how you can't COMPREHEND the origonal posted topic here. Read Jeffs 1 st posted thread. Once comprehended reply to it! It asks about the top percent of Road Drivers have'nt been affected by all that's going on with the economy. The next question is why aren't the taking any kind of concessions? All you can do is chime in on every other post about their senority & how they earned their spot. I'm fully aware of how senority works & have no problem with anyone senior to me! Do you understand so far? The question still remains that you refuse to answer. If everyone else COMPANY WIDE has takes concessions,for example(city drivers-less hours, office people-less hours, operation supervisors-managers etc 5% reduction in pay) why should'nt the top % of the ROAD BOARD sacrifice anything. They work everynight and some sign up for weekend work while several other ROAD DRIVERS sit home. I'm sure all of our ROAD DRIVERS aren't GREEDY like you seem to be! A lot of them take nights off so junior guys can work.Maybe the COMPANY needs to take a look @ this & find a solution to this problem until things start to pick up. You seem like the Type that if you seem a FAMILY member DYING on the side of the road that you would just drive by!!!!

And what part of what I said can you not comprehend??? The top % of the dock, city and road board will always work. Now if you want to go and cry to FedEx and tell them its not fair we should spread the pain to all employees all across the board, let me know how you make out. What you are asking the company to do is unheard of. Do you think you know me well enough to make statements like that at the end of your post or is it that you are just a little boy and can't handle a good debate? One more more thing, seniority is very special to me, Please spell it right.:hysterical:

And what part of what I said can you not comprehend??? The top % of the dock, city and road board will always work. Now if you want to go and cry to FedEx and tell them its not fair we should spread the pain to all employees all across the board, let me know how you make out. What you are asking the company to do is unheard of. Do you think you know me well enough to make statements like that at the end of your post or is it that you are just a little boy and can't handle a good debate? One more more thing, seniority is very special to me, Please spell it right.:hysterical:
What SHUTTLE DRIVER was saying is this... Sorry to correct you buster but yes even the top city and dock was effected by this very much.Me being from a large terminal,we have all felt it through hourly cuts,longer lunches(no chance to make it up)dock is sent home because a lot of city drivers hit the dock now.. This has nothing to do with seniority!! People are feed up with Road drivers greed..We have road driver that run good road runs but there so greedy they work the dock to max there hours.That also cuts into city and docks hours on the dock.(were just trying to get eight hours)Bu policy is policy,(That being said)Me i plan on making a formal complaint to head office about this problem.If more people would call this could be fixed.Point is If we (city,dock,management,)had to be affected by it so should the rest!!!It's not about being "fair" its just the right think to do.So stop getting upset because your afraid that you will be affected by the economy.Because everyone else has,even the "top city and dock"but i wouldn't expect a road driver to know that because if it doesn't concern "YOU" well you dont want to hear about it.Also i think they don't want to here all the wining if road is effected!!:nutkick::hysterical:

So many city drivers complaining about the Road drivers and their big greedy money they make. Why is it that so many city drivers did not take a road bid?? Could it be that they did not want to work weekends or not be home with their family's or not be there for their children's events or to not have a normal life, or to not be able to sleep nights, or to not want to be out in those snow storms at night, or to not see there children grow up, or to not have a family meal together???????? Damn greedy road drivers.

:Violin:no one ask you to go,I see what was more important...By the way the only road drivers i know that are working the weekends is the greedy ones!!!Let someone make that weekend money you spend time with your family?There is always someone who will run!Weekends are volunteer....:clap: by the way there are a lot of city drivers that work similar shifts so that "Dog ain't going to hunt".Also leave the 's off when spelling children.(child-1).Because there are few that turned down the road but the majority would go in a heartbeat!!!But they have to wait there turn.I my self ran line haul before becoming a city driver and i would have to say doing both city should be making more.All road drivers do is,draw lines on a piece of paper and driver straight.(WHEW!! That was hard when i did it)Also complain about "Everything"Especially about the trucks.The tractor (the ones that have a r-number and say fedex) well if you didn't get the memo they belong to Fred Smith.:popcorn:

What SHUTTLE DRIVER was saying is this... Sorry to correct you buster but yes even the top city and dock was effected by this very much.Me being from a large terminal,we have all felt it through hourly cuts,longer lunches(no chance to make it up)dock is sent home because a lot of city drivers hit the dock now.. This has nothing to do with seniority!! People are feed up with Road drivers greed..We have road driver that run good road runs but there so greedy they work the dock to max there hours.That also cuts into city and docks hours on the dock.(were just trying to get eight hours)Bu policy is policy,(That being said)Me i plan on making a formal complaint to head office about this problem.If more people would call this could be fixed.Point is If we (city,dock,management,)had to be affected by it so should the rest!!!It's not about being "fair" its just the right think to do.So stop getting upset because your afraid that you will be affected by the economy.Because everyone else has,even the "top city and dock"but i wouldn't expect a road driver to know that because if it doesn't concern "YOU" well you dont want to hear about it.Also i think they don't want to here all the wining if road is effected!!:nutkick::hysterical:

I am not upset, My stand was about seniority. After 28 years running the road I must say I have never worked the dock or the city. I also have never worked for FedEx. I work for UPS. The last thing I want is any extra work. I am trying to work as little as possible.

:Violin:no one ask you to go,I see what was more important...By the way the only road drivers i know that are working the weekends is the greedy ones!!!Let someone make that weekend money you spend time with your family?There is always someone who will run!Weekends are volunteer....:clap: by the way there are a lot of city drivers that work similar shifts so that "Dog ain't going to hunt".Also leave the 's off when spelling children.(child-1).Because there are few that turned down the road but the majority would go in a heartbeat!!!But they have to wait there turn.I my self ran line haul before becoming a city driver and i would have to say doing both city should be making more.All road drivers do is,draw lines on a piece of paper and driver straight.(WHEW!! That was hard when i did it)Also complain about "Everything"Especially about the trucks.The tractor (the ones that have a r-number and say fedex) well if you didn't get the memo they belong to Fred Smith.:popcorn:

Now this really hurts me, Draw lines and drive straight??? Have you ever tried to pull into a Dunkin Donuts parking lot with a set? :biglaugh:

Still can"t answer the question!

Hey MR WONDERFUL one,

Once again go back to origional post. Why do you avoid the question that Jeff's asking???:Duel:If you want to debate answer the question! Avoiding it is COWARDLY!!!

How did this become a attack on buster thread. Off topic. My opinion is layoffs. You (the junior employees) who want it all at everyone else's expense was only hired because of heavy freight and demand at the time,same as I was hired at the time. Now its not there. So I take a day off for you then I'm canceled tomorrow. Who won in this example. Yes I feel for you but this thread will go under attack I'm sured. But this is the reality of the business and not everything will be fair. Since the buyout of Watkins I've seen very little positive but the rundown of a very good company and people.So go tell the 3000 who lost there job since the buyout with more to come about fair. Just my 2 cents

Nobodys attacking anyone

How did this become a attack on buster thread. Off topic. My opinion is layoffs. You (the junior employees) who want it all at everyone else's expense was only hired because of heavy freight and demand at the time,same as I was hired at the time. Now its not there. So I take a day off for you then I'm canceled tomorrow. Who won in this example. Yes I feel for you but this thread will go under attack I'm sured. But this is the reality of the business and not everything will be fair. Since the buyout of Watkins I've seen very little positive but the rundown of a very good company and people.So go tell the 3000 who lost there job since the buyout with more to come about fair. Just my 2 cents

People should'nt stray off topic on this or any thread if they're going to post on a particular thread. He has done everything BUT answer the origional post. It must be be un-comprehendible to him. Did you read the origional post by Jeff? If not maybe you should too!!!

I'm third from the bottom on city. They moved me to the dock on the last bid, not getting my 40, but enough to survive. Yeah it sucks, but I think seniority should count for something. I know that if I got my time in, and if we had another economic downturn that I would want to be given some extra consideration because of the time I put in.

Hey MR WONDERFUL one,

Once again go back to origional post. Why do you avoid the question that Jeff's asking???:Duel:If you want to debate answer the question! Avoiding it is COWARDLY!!!

I don't know how many times I need to say it, I have read the original post and I have answered this post many times. Again the top 50%-70% of all boards will continue to work as they always have and should. These employee's are at the top of the 50%-70% because they have seniority. Am I missing something else that you would like my opinion on?

People should'nt stray off topic on this or any thread if they're going to post on a particular thread. He has done everything BUT answer the origional post. It must be be un-comprehendible to him. Did you read the origional post by Jeff? If not maybe you should too!!!

Please help me understand what I did not answer or what you did not understand in any of my posts.

And for you zathlon, Sorry for the update but I dont think fedex will single you out for anything you did right, Come on, extra concideration where do I sign up for that...

Hey MR WONDERFUL one,

Here let me help you, The only question Jeff asked in his original post was.......is he wrong for thinking that all employee's should feel the pain. Now go to post #4 and you will clearly see that I answered the question and every post there after.