FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

I'd like to see a few more of the senior road drivers take a day off occationally to allow others to work. We have some out of our hub who take off a couple days a week to help out and then we have those who run 650 miles a day and sign the Saturday list. I try to take a day off once a week or so, man I wish some of the others would. Proudly, we have some drivers that are very vocal on the subject, way to go HOUNDDOG.
My pay check this week was almost half of what I normally take home, I am just about tapped out. And someone wants to know if I'm for real. I really don't feel I can miss much more work. Like I said before when I take a day off so some jr. driver can work I do it with out pay, still there is not one driver in our barn that would not stab me in the back just to move on up. Ok maybe one,

I feel ya drivah. I got 2 nights this week, just like last week and the one before. I honestly feel lucky to get that much. As for the backstabbing, this is unfortunately true. If ya do your pretrip and walk back to the office, coming back out, I always recheck my fifth wheel latches among other things. These times bring out the worst in some people just to get ahead.

I think those high senoirity guys he is complaining about made it possible for him to work here in the first place !!!!! many of the city guys had there chance to transfer to the road but didnt want to work long hours or work at night now this guy is complaining ???????

It is what it is! Learn to adapt, or try to adapt to these hard times. I am losing $150 to $200 a week from what I was making before. I cut down on my expenses as much as I can. I have cut about $200 dollars a month in expenses to even things out. I shopped around and lowered my car insurance, I canceled my cable, I brought down my cell bill by canceling my cell phone extras; texting, less minutes a month plan. Just bare bones cell. Canceled my home phone, spoke to my landlord and got my rent lowered $50 a month. So now, I get by with less and have been able to save. Now I can comfortably pay my car, credit cards and motorcycle without worrying if I will be able to on a month to month basis. At least for now I am able to make it. OH! And one more thing!! I GOT RID OF MY GIRLFRIEND!!!! For now!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! BUT SHE UNDERSTANDS. So, learn to do what the rest of the world is doing! CUT EXPENSES!!:guiness: Live within your means! Drink beer at home instead of the bar. Nothing lasts for ever! Weather the storm and you will survive. You can not change things you can't control. You must adapt, bottom line! "Don't walk only on sunny days , you will never reach your destination."

Yup.... reduce the expenses, get debt free.

As sad as it is for some this is a lesson America needed to learn about money, hopefully some will be smarter the next time around.

Your parents told you to save for a rainy day.... it ain't even raining yet, it's only drizzling.

Yup.... reduce the expenses, get debt free.

As sad as it is for some this is a lesson America needed to learn about money, hopefully some will be smarter the next time around.

Your parents told you to save for a rainy day.... it ain't even raining yet, it's only drizzling.

Yup, you said that right. The Government, business, and consumers have been living on credit and creating false wealth in this country for years now. This could not have gone on forever...we hit the wall, full speed.

Snowdogs investment advice:

Ammunition
Dry food goods
Gold
Ammunition
Ammunition
Ammunition

I went to the local Walmart today and they had nothing, just a couple boxes of 22LR. Forget about a run on the banks (Coming to a neighborhood near you) there's a run on ammo.:duh:

Myself, I'm working 2 and I'm glad to get that much. When I go to the hub they have been asking everyone ahead of me if they want to go home and since no one ever does, I have to turn and burn. I try to get all the dock hours I can since this thing started. No chances of a late via anymore, Lord it is slow. I feel ya Gondofini. I've been hoping for snow so people will take off so the bottom can work if you can believe that.

Myself, I'm working 2 and I'm glad to get that much. When I go to the hub they have been asking everyone ahead of me if they want to go home and since no one ever does, I have to turn and burn. I try to get all the dock hours I can since this thing started. No chances of a late via anymore, Lord it is slow. I feel ya Gondofini. I've been hoping for snow so people will take off so the bottom can work if you can believe that.

When you drive into the hub, do they pay you show-up time, or do you have to eat your time and gas,ect? If you live a ways away, that could get to be expensive just to hear no work. Good luck to you,

I mean when I take a set into the hub , I most time have to come back to my center without any dock time.

When you get to the hub, and they tell you to turn n burn, after you drop out, go in and take your lunch, then go hook up. Charge them for a drop and a hook with lunch in between. You should get 30 min for each. Every little bit helps.

I feel seinority should count for somthing.I have 13 years on line out her in the west and now, the way they have set up the new runs I am getting cut about three times a week and only getting 4-5 hours a night on the dock.This is hard to take when I see drivers with years less strap running their runs every night.Harrison is aware that there are many runs not working out here under the new system but refuse to make the adjustments to correct it.when we bid on these runs they had never been used out here so we could only trust that those given the task were compitent .I hear that they rebid out east because of the freigt levels, but they refuse to do that for the west. So much for being one big happy company!:Flame-On:

:clap:
Goober don't be GREEEDY! There is absolutely something wrong with the bottom of the board sitting home. The company feels this economic pain, Why shouldn't everybody share the pain, I understand the senority issue. The company is trying to stay ahead of the curve by keeping their employees in place for when the economy starts the recovery process. Meanwhile people NEED TO SURVIVE! One team one dream!!!!

one team one dream thats a cool concept now convince the top dogs

Senior Road Drivers paid their dues?

Perhaps so at some barns but in Hubs such as where I am currently employed we have quite a few road drivers who came directly off the street to high mile day runs and have been on them since. They don"t even know where the "dock" is. I have talked to some of them about cutting back alittle and maybe helping the lower guys out or maybe help those of us fellow road drivers who where "realined back to the city to be high priced dock workers. Some understand and at least make an attempt to feel sorry about the situation other point blank say that they are here to take care of there family and that they where just at the right time and place to get the easy work. Quite a few are so far in debt for toys and stuff that they need to work 3400 miles aweek and on Saturdays too. ALL have said that if you where in my place you would do the same thing. I would like to think I would not be that miserly. Sure would like the opportunity to find out one of these days. Everyone be safe out there.

When you get to the hub, and they tell you to turn n burn, after you drop out, go in and take your lunch, then go hook up. Charge them for a drop and a hook with lunch in between. You should get 30 min for each. Every little bit helps.

Just make sure you log the lunch as OFF DUTY. I've had problems in the past where they don't pay the extra 30 min because it wasn't split on the log.

I feel ya drivah. I got 2 nights this week, just like last week and the one before. I honestly feel lucky to get that much. As for the backstabbing, this is unfortunately true. If ya do your pretrip and walk back to the office, coming back out, I always recheck my fifth wheel latches among other things. These times bring out the worst in some people just to get ahead.

No joke... just happened to a driver at my barn last week. Fifth wheel latch pulled on dolly.

No joke... just happened to a driver at my barn last week. Fifth wheel latch pulled on dolly.

Do you guys have cameras at your center. I have heard of other drivers pulling your fifth wheel in truck stops and such, but it is pretty sad when our own drivers would do that to one of his own. God help him if I ever found out if it were done to me. Please don't take this as a threat, it's a promise.:smilie_132:

No cameras... yet, which I like because there's a certain someone there who likes to back sets into docks, and empty line spots... its quite entertaining... to watch, of course.... It was known a couple of years ago for other companies to lift the pintle latches on leads in service plazas...I just make it a habit to look at every hook, seals, and doors for securement

Trust me we read it all.....

Yeeowwww. Holy shrink wrap Batman. Smoke, you need to get out more often. Your look'n a little... pale.
Senority. We've all worked for it, we all want it. Some of us just happen to be there now. In time, we'll drop dead off our soaped & waxed tank steps ( thanx underlings ) & the light @ the top 'o the bid sheet will be passed on to the next greedy, slobber'n driver who just the week B4 was pure & wholesome.
Love & peace to all... group hug & a time to reflect back to Mr. Garrison & his ways. Mayberry RFD, where are you. Hope everyone makes it through this with his pants still around his waist & not a few feet to the south.