FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

Does anybody remember the last survey about this issue done by the company? I do but I can't remember when it was. Was it before FEDEX or not. They said it would affect too many drivers seniority standing. It would benefit me to have a 1 board system at my new center, dovetailed in Jan. 09

anything can change at anytime here, you have been here long enough to know that...

The way I would like to see it is one seniority list without sugar coating.

If you have been a full time employee DOCK/CITY/ROAD there should be 1 bid the first week of January, and you bid once a year to work either job or whats left.

If somebody quits or gets fired etc, the list will do a bump bid from that driver down.
If runs are added or taking away another bid should be done.

Seniority is company time within job class.

1 board system would be straight line seniority with city road and dock, the only people who whould get laid off are the ones with the least company seniority.

Ask those laid off road drivers who have say 5 years are they happy either being forced to the dock or laid off instead of being able to go to the city and fall in his company seniority spot.

The old saying goes, the only people who don't care about seniority are those who don't have any.

The current system is being at the right place at the right time, that should be changed to reflect and reward longevity instead of luck, people should not be penalized because they chose to not change their situation in life when they had the chance to, that all falls under seniority as well,
some will say "I did my time"
my response, city drivers did their time and do it every day

Some will say, "You didn't want it when we had to pack a bag"
My response is so... city drivers didn't make as much money as you either.

Company seniority should be like they do at the Mother company FEDEX and we should be a uniform company with the same rules across the board for all.
I say again jeff is a smart man personally just want to get my seniority back run vaca ect.

and on this subject you do I am happy to say now how do we get fdxf to see the light shinning on their heads

I think it will be done when the mother ship company decides it's the best policy to have a uniform company policy for all operating companies.

Drivers have tried to change this since they started allowing city drivers to switch to road. Most were not interested in being road drivers when we stayed gone all week. Liked being home every day. Now that we run turns and go out and back everybody wants to be a road driver. The rules haven't changed. You know what your signing up for if you want to change.

go figure 99% of the city boys want a single board now because things are slow. If they wanted to be road drivers they should have done so then. They want to be road drivers and bump the rest of us that left the city to go to the road and took the chance. YOU STAYED IN THE CITY THEN STAY NOW!!!

Drivers have tried to change this since they started allowing city drivers to switch to road. Most were not interested in being road drivers when we stayed gone all week. Liked being home every day. Now that we run turns and go out and back everybody wants to be a road driver. The rules haven't changed. You know what your signing up for if you want to change.
that was then this is now seeing drivers AND YES I DID SAY DRIVERS WITH A LOT OF TIME BEING LAYED OFF WHILE OTHERS GET TO STAY WITH VERY LITTLE TIME YOUR STATMENT HOLDS NO WATER .THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW.this is fedex not af garisson sold us out get it .

said it before say it again only reason for 1 board is so city boys that didnt want to go then want to do so now when it's slow. what about the guys that went to the road then should we keep our seniority? and bump the guys that went before we did? ( NO ) not exactly fair. FedEx may take it to that for one reason only ( TO KEPP DRIVERS FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES)

said it before say it again only reason for 1 board is so city boys that didnt want to go then want to do so now when it's slow. what about the guys that went to the road then should we keep our seniority? and bump the guys that went before we did? ( NO ) not exactly fair. FedEx may take it to that for one reason only ( TO KEPP DRIVERS FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES)
yupp thats why we have 2 boards to keep us against oneanother smartin up its the guys getting layed off and being canceled night after night while others get to keep their jobs thats the problem that have very little time in its not a city driver per say or a road driver we are all truck drivers get it @@@@@@@@@@@?????

I say if it isn't broke, don't fix it. The company policy is not whats broken here, its the economy. I don't recall this being such a hot button topic prior to the economic downturn. I don't remember road drivers clammoring to get back into the city. FedEx Freight has had this policy in place for years now, and the only time it is brought up is when someone feels they have been screwed. I have heard situations where road drivers are being laid-off because there is no work in the city at their center, in such cases it should be the employees with less company seniority being laid off. Otherwise, you have the option of going to the bottom of the city board and doing "swaps" and dock work. We'll see if you are still humming the same tune when everything gets going again and you're running everynight. With one board, that lowly city-driver might be running your run.

I say if it isn't broke, don't fix it. The company policy is not whats broken here, its the economy. I don't recall this being such a hot button topic prior to the economic downturn. I don't remember road drivers clammoring to get back into the city. FedEx Freight has had this policy in place for years now, and the only time it is brought up is when someone feels they have been screwed. I have heard situations where road drivers are being laid-off because there is no work in the city at their center, in such cases it should be the employees with less company seniority being laid off. Otherwise, you have the option of going to the bottom of the city board and doing "swaps" and dock work. We'll see if you are still humming the same tune when everything gets going again and you're running everynight. With one board, that lowly city-driver might be running your run.

Or that Lowly "road" driver might be running what used to be your city run...

That's my whole point. Everyone is clammoring to get to the other side as quick as possible. In the end all that would happen is a bunch of position swaps. You'd probablly be right back in the spot you are now, unless you're one of those salty dogs with 20-25yrs in.

That's my whole point. Everyone is clammoring to get to the other side as quick as possible. In the end all that would happen is a bunch of position swaps. You'd probablly be right back in the spot you are now, unless you're one of those salty dogs with 20-25yrs in.
AHH not so at our barn I would become #1city or #2road win win for me and some others whom my be getting laid off would get to stay employed

Then why do you hate Obama? :console:

because of this..

2hd9sf7.jpg

Now why do you like him and what has he done besides look cool and deliver a good speech from a teleprompter?