FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

because of this..

2hd9sf7.jpg

Now why do you like him and what has he done besides look cool and deliver a good speech from a teleprompter?

Well..... if you want to kill the bad guys, and keep your fellow Americans working, someone has to pay for it. I'm not sure how we can do it without spending money.

I know that spending money is cancer to the right, but you have to spend to earn.

The right loves the war and the killing, so they shouldn't complain about the money spent. The right hates workers, so I'm not surprised that they don't like the attempt to keep them working.

When your customers (and those that make your stuff) can no longer afford your products, you have a problem.

The "free market" is great when everyone is working. Not so good when they ain't.

Well, they ain't.

The right's solution is to let mega-business just go away. Then they will scream about Obama cutting jobs.

The right's solution is to move everything off shore. Then scream when the prices are too high and the unemployment rate is through the roof.

Give. Me. A. Break. You want your cake and eat it too. Ain't going to happen.

Blame the 5 months of Obama all you want, but these things take time to fester. You might want to adjust your blinders a bit farther back in time.

Well..... if you want to kill the bad guys, and keep your fellow Americans working, someone has to pay for it. I'm not sure how we can do it without spending money.

I was not a big Bush fan, and it's ok to spend money you have in your pocket, but when America is spending money that they don't have (46 cemts out of every dollar spent) you are hurting the situation far worse than you are helping it.

I feel sorry for people that are poor, but I don't feel sorry for 80k a yr truckdrivers that can't pay for their 50k pickup or their 300k house or can't make the payment on their 20k balance credit card...

You have it wrong here, I do have my cake and I eat it too, I am 100% Debt free, I worked 3 days this week and fished the other too, Do you think I give a damn about a recession? Am I suppose to feel sorry for those with the 50 k trucks not being able to make the payments when I drive a truck I paid 1k for? Not a chance...

Blame the 5 months of Obama all you want, but these things take time to fester. You might want to adjust your blinders a bit farther back in time.

Thats cool, lets go back to the Community Reinvestment Act , where bankswere forced to give mortgages to people who should be renters, this is where this country crumbled.
If America would lower the corporate tax rate, the companies would build here, look at Irelands rate, they have one of the most booming economies in the world.

Somebody has to do the work Franklin, you can't have people sitting on their *** all day drinking 40's and collecting a check.
Talk about Bush all you want, but Obama has spent more in 5 months than Bush did in 8 years and we STILL have 8.9% unemployment.

Stock market was over 14k until the Dems took control of the house and senate.

Franklin, you cannot borrow your way out of debt, there is no way...

You are 100% correct Jeff!

Couple things I might add...

Franklin said:

The irresponsible spending is not being done on defense. It's being done on Gov. bail outs/take over of private sector. All to save us from a "CRISIS" that never existed. The only jobs Obama seems to want to save are loyal U_i_n jobs

Franklin said:
The right loves the war and the killing, so they shouldn't complain about the money spent. The right hates workers, so I'm not surprised that they don't like the attempt to keep them working

The whole premiss of that statement is false and comes from way off in left field. Would take to many keystroke to correct. That's why it makes good talking points even though it's wrong.

Franklin said:
The "free market" is great when everyone is working. Not so good when they ain't.

Well, they ain't.

Again FALSE. even at 8% unemployment 92% of Americans are still worling. Does anyone really believe that a rise in unemplyment from around 5% to around 8% is reason enough to throw free market capitalism under the bus. The federal Gov.was never supposed to be involved in soo many areas of our lives. A 3% rise in unemployment is NOT a reason to start.

The only thing the Federal Govenment could do to turn things around would be to LOWER (or eliminate) Corp taxes as Jeff mentioned and quit forcing companies overseas.

The solution is simple really, this is it: FairTax.Org

I know that spending money is cancer to the right, but you have to spend to earn.

The right loves the war and the killing, so they shouldn't complain about the money spent. The right hates workers, so I'm not surprised that they don't like the attempt to keep them working.

When your customers (and those that make your stuff) can no longer afford your products, you have a problem.

Well, they ain't.

The right's solution is to let mega-business just go away. Then they will scream about Obama cutting jobs.

The right's solution is to move everything off shore. Then scream when the prices are too high and the unemployment rate is through the roof.

Great post, agree 100%.

Life is not fair. Sometimes people have more, but only because they earned it. At the same time, there are other people who work harder and have less than you. Try not to focus on the people who have more but seem to do less.

No one owes us anything. Everything you have is a gift, right down to the air you breathe.

the attitude that the world owes me something is weak and foolish, and won’t help me succeed in life. With that said, let us try to change this attitude, in ourselves, and in our children.

I was not a big Bush fan, and it's ok to spend money you have in your pocket, but when America is spending money that they don't have (46 cemts out of every dollar spent) you are hurting the situation far worse than you are helping it.

I feel sorry for people that are poor, but I don't feel sorry for 80k a yr truckdrivers that can't pay for their 50k pickup or their 300k house or can't make the payment on their 20k balance credit card...

You have it wrong here, I do have my cake and I eat it too, I am 100% Debt free, I worked 3 days this week and fished the other too, Do you think I give a damn about a recession? Am I suppose to feel sorry for those with the 50 k trucks not being able to make the payments when I drive a truck I paid 1k for? Not a chance...

Thats cool, lets go back to the Community Reinvestment Act , where bankswere forced to give mortgages to people who should be renters, this is where this country crumbled.
If America would lower the corporate tax rate, the companies would build here, look at Irelands rate, they have one of the most booming economies in the world.

Somebody has to do the work Franklin, you can't have people sitting on their *** all day drinking 40's and collecting a check.
Talk about Bush all you want, but Obama has spent more in 5 months than Bush did in 8 years and we STILL have 8.9% unemployment.

Stock market was over 14k until the Dems took control of the house and senate.

Franklin, you cannot borrow your way out of debt, there is no way...

That's all we need to do is lower corporate taxes so then they would raise all of our personal taxes.

My brother works with BNSF and saw a company report a few years back where the company did not pay no corporate taxes because of all the tax loopholes and write offs that big business gets.

Another great example is Warren Buffet. Something is wrong when his secretary pays a higher percentage of her income to taxes than he does because of all the corporate taxes benefits he gets.

Our tax system needs a overhaul but I disagree 100% about lowering corporate taxes because they do not pay in their fair share right now. Corporations set up a office oversea's and then claims that is their headquarters and get out of paying their fair share of taxes.

That is the big problem in the USA is corporate greed. PERIOD!!!

I know business has to make a profit but how much do they need. That is why we are in a recession right now.

I'm glad you don't give a damn about the recession, Jeff. But alot of people do because of all the jobs lost, me included because i'm laid off here at FedEx. Unless your directly affected by the recession you have no clue what you are talking about.

Jeff, by your posting about not giving a damn about the recession you are basically saying you don't give a damn about all the laid off workers here at FedEx or anywhere else.

I know your debt free and preach about Dave Ramsey on how to be debt free but Dave is kind of a hipocrit because he got debt free by filing bankruptcy. Alot of people can do that to get debt free. People just can use common sense and not spend more than they make.

That's all we need to do is lower corporate taxes so then they would raise all of our personal taxes.

My brother works with BNSF and saw a company report a few years back where the company did not pay no corporate taxes because of all the tax loopholes and write offs that big business gets.

Another great example is Warren Buffet. Something is wrong when his secretary pays a higher percentage of her income to taxes than he does because of all the corporate taxes benefits he gets.

Our tax system needs a overhaul but I disagree 100% about lowering corporate taxes because they do not pay in their fair share right now. Corporations set up a office oversea's and then claims that is their headquarters and get out of paying their fair share of taxes.

That is the big problem in the USA is corporate greed. PERIOD!!!

I know business has to make a profit but how much do they need. That is why we are in a recession right now.

I'm glad you don't give a damn about the recession, Jeff. But alot of people do because of all the jobs lost, me included because i'm laid off here at FedEx. Unless your directly affected by the recession you have no clue what you are talking about.

Jeff, by your posting about not giving a damn about the recession you are basically saying you don't give a damn about all the laid off workers here at FedEx or anywhere else.

I know your debt free and preach about Dave Ramsey on how to be debt free but Dave is kind of a hipocrit because he got debt free by filing bankruptcy. Alot of people can do that to get debt free. People just can use common sense and not spend more than they make.

Corporations don't pay taxes, it's figured in as an operating expense and passed on to the consumer

Don't put words in my mouth ghetto, I never said I didn't give a damn about the laid off workers, you need to put down that 40 and get your wife to read it to you real slow.

Oh and your theory about people being able to get debt free by bankruptcy is somewhat true but it's harder now than it used to be, anyway, most who file bankruptcy are too stupid to ever figure out how to stay debt free after wards, they go back to the same stupid habits they did before they filed.

Thats the ignorant theory the liberals have, raise the taxes on corporate America, and are either too dumb or harbor the attitude that they are the ones who will gain.
Corporate America pays no taxes, on paper they do but the cost is passed on to the consumer.

Sorry dude, when a company pays more that means less money for raises and benefits, it's funny how you guys are always willing to spend everybodys money but your own.

I have worked one five day work week since NOVEMBER 08 by choice to let the guys below me on the board run, ... find somebody up to their *** in debt and see if they are going to do that for anybody and get back to me.

Corporations don't pay taxes, it's figured in as an operating expense and passed on to the consumer

Don't put words in my mouth ghetto, I never said I didn't give a damn about the laid off workers, you need to put down that 40 and get your wife to read it to you real slow.

Oh and your theory about people being able to get debt free by bankruptcy is somewhat true but it's harder now than it used to be, anyway, most who file bankruptcy are too stupid to ever figure out how to stay debt free after wards, they go back to the same stupid habits they did before they filed.

Thats the ignorant theory the liberals have, raise the taxes on corporate America, and are either too dumb or harbor the attitude that they are the ones who will gain.
Corporate America pays no taxes, on paper they do but the cost is passed on to the consumer.

Sorry dude, when a company pays more that means less money for raises and benefits, it's funny how you guys are always willing to spend everybodys money but your own.

I have worked one five day work week since NOVEMBER 08 by choice to let the guys below me on the board run, ... find somebody up to their *** in debt and see if they are going to do that for anybody and get back to me.

You proved my point in your own words, "taxes are figured in as operating expenses and passed onto the consumer".

What do you think is going to happen if the government lowers corporate taxes. We the tax payer is going to be paying more taxes because the government will have to make up the lost revenue from corporate taxes. You might say that your cost for the products will go down because of lower corporate taxes but I guarantee you that the corporations will just take the extra profit. I guess you like paying more taxes, I don't.

I did not say corporations do not pay taxes but for the fact that BNSF did not one year that I know of. Just do a little research and you can see how many taxes are not being collected by our government from businesses.

You did not say directly that you did not care about the laid off workers but the statement of you do not give a damn about the recession might as well have. On another post you said you were not going to participate in the recession but that is a choice millions of americans could not avoid. Everyone has different situations so being debt free is a big plus but not everyone can be due to unforeseen cicumstances in peoples life.

By the way, Jeff, I'm a white male and I don't have a 40 in my hand and my user name "ghetto man" is just that a user name. I picked that just to see how many people would use that against me when they did not agree with my opinions. Shows how many people still have racial issues. That is why some hate Obama so much. So typical to have an attitude that I must have a 40 in my hand because I'm sure you thought I was a black man.

Republicans have to get off their high horses and think trickle down economics works. It has been proven that does not work because of "CORPORATE GREED". We need to reinstate the tax rate for businesses before the Bush's tax cuts for corporate america. All Bush's tax cuts caused was more profits for businesses, a higher national debt, no more jobs was created that paid worth a crap.

That's funny when a company pays more it means they pay less and fewer benefits. So how does UPS pay more and have better benefits than FedEx. I guarantee UPS pays more taxes than FedEx does. It's all how the company is managed and mainly how greedy the company is. That ***** word not allowed here sure does keep corporate greed in check.

I don't think the liberals are the only ones that don't want to spend everybodies money but their own. What about all the no bid contracts givin to Halliburtin that cost tax payers way more than it would have with having a open bidding process. That was republican actions not liberals.

I'm glad to see that your not one of the greedy drivers that do not slide to let others work. I was laid off in February and before that I had only work 2 to 3 days a week for the current bid because I was on extra board. Last bid, July-December, I only worked maybe (4) five day weeks by choice to let lower drivers work also. I'm still in debt but only the house and have not had any other debt for several years. I've always had that attitude not to spend more than you earn and save money back for when life happens.

Wow! This thread has gotten completely off topic, but, I love that fact, cause now I'm throwing my two cents in! Ghettoman I have read you posts, and all I can take from this is your are a very emotional man right now. I don't know what you're going through, because I have not been laid off, so I will reserve judgement on that portion of your posts. But, my brother, you are not thinking clearly in your posts. You talk all this talk about raising taxes on corporations because they don't pay their fair share already, UPS pays more taxes than FedEx, the only way to keep the working man working is by raising taxes on corporations, yadda yadda yadda. This is the most incoherent jibberish I have ever read. Step back from the situation you are in and THINK. 1.)Any kind of income tax on ANY American is Unconstitutional. Period. They weren't put into place until the brainchildren in D.C. realized they had blown all the money in the coffers back in the early 1900's, and had the "Great War" knocking at their door. These taxes were put into place to help fund that war, and were only supposed to last the duration. Even then, only the top 5% of income earners were taxed at that point. The same is true today. You might be surprised to know that 50% of tax revenue in this country is paid by the top 2% of wage earners. How are you capable of stating that corporations don't pay their fair share with those numbers staring you in the face? Point is you can't, you are letting your emotions, not your intellect speak for you. 2.) I would like to ask you where you get your numbers on your statement about how UPS pays more taxes than FedEx. You and I both know you pulled that out of your:eck13:. You have a friend or neighbor who works for UPS and is doing just great right now, and you can't stand it. Therefore, attacking your employer for what is going on right now is how you are dealing with it. 3.) I would like to have you enlighten me as to how raising ANY taxes right now, let alone taxes on corporations will help the economic situation we are in right now. Jeff stated it correctly when he quoted the "Fair Tax" book in that any taxes bestowed on them is going to show up at the register when you go to buy your "fat 40":biglaugh:". Just a joke, I read the replies above, just thought I'd lighten the mood a little. My point here is you rail against the whole "trickle down" economics approach, yet you fail to realize, there is no such thing as "trickle up". While you and I are the true catalysts to this economy, we are not the ones out there creating new and improved products and services. We are not heading up industrial movements that will lead this country into the future. In this process, my brother, we are merely bystanders. And to think by the "Big Brother" stealing profits from the above mentioned is in anyway going to make our lives better, is honestly, backwards thinking. Now, I think I have ranted enough so I will leave you with this. I empathize with the situation you are in. I can only imagine the turmoil you and your family are going through. I have fellow workers at my center that are going through the same thing, but to blame FedEx for the economic mess we are in is wrong. I would like to suggest a book to read in your free time to take your mind off of your situation. Its the "Fair Tax" book. It is a very enlightening read, that may open your eyes to a whole new outlook on the future of government spending, and a way out of the mess we are currently in. :smilie_132:

if your talking line board vs p and d that should remain separate .with what the company is doing now is not right. using local drivers on line runs. i know for a fact that this is happening . my nephew is a local driver at sbo he starts at midnight works on the dock for 4 hours then does a lvs turn . letting the line driver sit at home.

Just my thoughts

If I have a business that has a thousand employees ... 1,000 people paying taxes, should I use the money I have earned and pay taxes on it ...or expand my business with that money and ...have 2,000 employees working for me, paying taxes ..... and 1,000 more people will have a job ....

Could the wording of this been any more misleading.
One Straight Line Seniority Board(and city)
Two Boards ( One Line and one City)
You ought to be a politician, Jeff

Could the wording of this been any more misleading.
One Straight Line Seniority Board(and city)
Two Boards ( One Line and one City)
You ought to be a politician, Jeff

how would you make a straight line seniority board without including the city?....

if your talking line board vs p and d that should remain separate .with what the company is doing now is not right. using local drivers on line runs. i know for a fact that this is happening . my nephew is a local driver at sbo he starts at midnight works on the dock for 4 hours then does a lvs turn . letting the line driver sit at home.

I think what they are shooting for is for everyone to be part time. If they could just figure out how to do P&D with part time drivers, they would be golden. Of course, no one would work for them, but still..... they can dream can't they?

We have local drivers running road runs everyday out of the TAC SC.

If the line driver is sitting at home do to lack of work, they have to call any extra line driver in first, before 9 PM. After 9 PM, If he signed the call block waiver, when the extra board is exhausted, then they can use city drivers for extra runs. This line driver can file on any run that is given to a city driver, as long as he is available for work.

If the line driver is sitting at home do to lack of work, they have to call any extra line driver in first, before 9 PM. After 9 PM, If he signed the call block waiver, when the extra board is exhausted, then they can use city drivers for extra runs. This line driver can file on any run that is given to a city driver, as long as he is available for work.

Can I ask why this is so freakin' complicated? How about this?

If it is night, and there is a run between terminals, how about our line drivers take care of it?

If it is daylight, and there are 19 stops on a trailer, how about our P&D drivers take care of it?

If it is early AM, and all these trailers with freight come into a SC, how about our AM dock crew take care of it?

If it is early afternoon and P&D drivers bring in their pickups, how about our PM dock crew take care of it?

Why this insistance on making something simple so complicated? Is this how we make money? Who are we paying to come up with these convuluted work rules? Fire them. We do no need them.

Jesus!

it doesnt matter if we have 1 board or 2 boards this is fedex they can give your run away any day any time for any reason there is nothing to say they cant.not to mention we have FLEX drivers wich are basicly new drivers with super senority and can bump anyone.