SAIA | How do you rate this company?

Those who are so upset, drive for Con-Way for awhile, you will appreciate SAIA! :)
Con-Way drivers work the dock, even with 10-15 or more years in! And don't even think about asking for time off!

Anyway, if you applied for a job, do it, or leave it, it's that simple :)

Turned Con-way down,come on over to our neck of the woods & see if your attitude changes

gl!

a job you have problems with is still better than no job at all :butt kiss: :hysterical:

cool thing about west coast is you guys get paid for the first and last drop/hook, where as we dont.

I also believe you dont have to wait half hour to get delay time like we do :chairshot:

If you did'nt get the hint...I do not expect to hear you complain about anything in this forum! LOL

gl!

a job you have problems with is still better than no job at all :butt kiss: :hysterical:

cool thing about west coast is you guys get paid for the first and last drop/hook, where as we dont.

I also believe you dont have to wait half hour to get delay time like we do :chairshot:

If you did'nt get the hint...I do not expect to hear you complain about anything in this forum! LOL

10-4 ;)
I usually don't complain toooooo much, but as you said, we all have our days :)

WAS at Con-Way for 12, I quit 2 months ago :)

Spot what liar???????
:chairshot:Sorry----WAS at Conway. The liars I'm referring to are the people who do the hiring at any trucking company.They will sell you a bucket of crap & pass it off as a steak dinner.We wear butt filters at our quarterly meetings for prevention of rectal cancer.Lots of smoke blowers

:chairshot:Sorry----WAS at Conway. The liars I'm referring to are the people who do the hiring at any trucking company.They will sell you a bucket of crap & pass it off as a steak dinner.We wear butt filters at our quarterly meetings for prevention of rectal cancer.Lots of smoke blowers

Ohhhh....I see what you are saying, but, I went back to Con-Way, and was ok with that for a long time, until the last year or two when the company changed course 180 degrees, or should I say finished changing course? :(

It just got to be toooooooo much BS for me, and it was/is sad, I really liked CWX, but am not so happy with "Con-Way Freight, Western"

The place sux

I worked there for 15 years and let go for not cancelling my wife and step children off my policy quick enough so they considered it fraud I even tried to pay any premiums they paid but no can do I was fired for falsefication of paper work. Go Saia i really believed in that company but never had a incident or accident in 15 years got million plus accident free miles.
Thanks Saia you done me a favor. Making more money less days at new job god bless all out:1036316054:

I worked there for 15 years and let go for not cancelling my wife and step children off my policy quick enough so they considered it fraud I even tried to pay any premiums they paid but no can do I was fired for falsefication of paper work. Go Saia i really believed in that company but never had a incident or accident in 15 years got million plus accident free miles.
Thanks Saia you done me a favor. Making more money less days at new job god bless all out:1036316054:

If I was a betting man, I would bet there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Ive got a better job, people treat you as you should be treated,as a driver. Benefits or far better than Saia's. Just had interview today with FEDEX freight turned it down only .565 a mile not enough for me. Iam telling you life is better. Worked out of Jax terminal and it was good as long as you didnt breath wrong. Believe me or not but if you were a betting man I would put my money where my mouth is and try to bet. Ask any linehaul drivers or city for that fact. Dont care one way or the other. Yall have a good day and be safe will call out on the radio rewind out

it all depends on the terminal you run out of. i've layed down in JAX, but not been there long enough to get a feel for the place...just in and out. i'm happy where i'm at for now...it could always be worse. everyone has a unique experience with their employer...some just aren't good fits and i'm glad you found a place where you are content and fit well rewind.

appreciate it had a long run there and Ive worked out of atl and cbs and ended up down here was a driver trainer smith system but hey just wasnt meant to be yall have fun see ya on the road run a fay run and a roanoake va run now see ya on I95 later

FedEx is in the top 100 companies to work for and has been 10 times in the last 11 years! In fact they were the largest company in that list and the only transportation company! They were also recently accepted into the top employer hall of fame (didnt know there was such a thing).

Here we just keep banging our heads into the wall, doing the same thing everyday and expecting a different result.

I've worked for worse than FedEx, but it's not the top of my list. At least when they were Watkins, I still had a full time dock position. They told us no one would lose there job, that wasn't true. Now they tell the full timers they won't be forced to get a CDL to keep their full time dock position. I don't know!!!

Just curious what you guys think about this company. Hows the mileage, home time and starting pay, and of course respect to their drivers? Would you recommend it to a friend? Thanks
I had a friend and an in-law recommend working for them on the dock. But apparently they would rather hire guys that can't drive a forklift than hire a woman with experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

In jax we had a woman city driver she done very good back then saia had the lowes account delivering appliances. Driver had to unload. They kept giving it to her over and over. She finally said f@@# this place and quit. Saia only wants women in the office or on a team truck. But the company could be better if you got rid of some of the upper mgt. Particular HR department.

You don't like woman do you?!

You have this ALL wrong. You have been trying to get in with SAIA for some time now I thought? Maybe try another company who would enjoy having you work for them. I happen to know a few females that work the dock and drive a truck better than alot of men.:1036316054:

A woman can do this job just as well as a man can.:smilie_132:

my wife has been a city driver for 8+ years with saia and loves it... she delivers hand freight as well as palletized freight and drives a 96 intl with no air, runs linehaul every weekend too...guess i cant complain!!