SAIA | how far is to far?

RAT you are nothing but a :horseshit: salesman with a mouth full of samples.
I like that one. I play the game. And I play it well. Of course it helps when you were mentored by the best. Harwood Cochrane the smartest LTL man that ever played the game. And make no mistake this is a game to me.

Did I fail? Perhaps you might want to rethink that one. I lost the battle but won the war Big Dog.
What war was that? the one where you went to work for Matty Moron? the fact that you now work for Saia may seem like a victory for you but you have always settled for what was given you. congrats on your victory.

I like that one. I play the game. And I play it well. Of course it helps when you were mentored by the best. Harwood Cochrane the smartest LTL man that ever played the game. And make no mistake this is a game to me.
You were nothing but a dispatcher, and a failed one at that. You mentored under nobody. That clown probably never knew your name.

What war was that? the one where you went to work for Matty Moron? the fact that you now work for Saia may seem like a victory for you but you have always settled for what was given you. congrats on your victory.
I worked for Matty for two weeks until I quit. Vitran wasn't great. But it sure wasn't Central Transport. You know nothing about me other than what I want you to know. Nothing more.

You were nothing but a dispatcher, and a failed one at that. You mentored under nobody. That clown probably never knew your name.
Think what you want. Someone that needs the Teamsters to represent them tells me all I need to know about you. A broken down individual that can't handle his own business. That hides behind a corrupt organization that steals money from it members. Hoffa Jr.is a fine role model for you to emulate. Turn your back on the links I provided for you with all that embezzlement going on. Bury your head in the sand or better still right up Hoffa's ass where it belongs.

Congratulations to you two. You are the first members I have put on my ignore list. You don't work here and I will no longer even dignify your post with a response. Good day fellows.

Update. Since Roadboss doesn't work here either he's gone as well. You guys are just like a pesky fly that keeps buzzing around. You serve no purpose. We never unionize so I'm done with you guys. Your not worth my time.

When I was at Saia, you actually could fool the log. Easier to do in the city than on the road though.

So you "log off" for your lunch break. Then use a pen to push the reset button on the bottom side of the screen cabinet. Takes the thing about 3 minutes to reboot. I could usually knock out 3-4 stops during my lunch by doing this. Just had my phone on a timer on the dash set for like 28 minutes. Then I would wait for the half hour to be done and continue the route normally. I would clear the bills in the handheld at that time as well. No one ever cross checked the log vs. the handheld, otherwise I woulda got busted. But, they either were too ignorant to know or too dumb to care. Was told by TM to do this when time was tight (almost daily). Cheers!

This kind of behavior only makes it harder on everyone else the more you cheat the more they think you are capable of and the more they will ask of you until it all builds up one day and it gets impossible to make your numbers no matter how fast you go . Be honest don't cheat even if the tm twists your arm . its your license and your the one that gets the blame for hours of service violations so it's your responsibility to stay clean. The safety department will back you 110% in this been there done that . God help you if you get into an accident and end up in court with this on your logs they will crucify you.

This kind of behavior only makes it harder on everyone else the more you cheat the more they think you are capable of and the more they will ask of you until it all builds up one day and it gets impossible to make your numbers no matter how fast you go . Be honest don't cheat even if the tm twists your arm . its your license and your the one that gets the blame for hours of service violations so it's your responsibility to stay clean. The safety department will back you 110% in this been there done that . God help you if you get into an accident and end up in court with this on your logs they will crucify you.
I've tried to explain this very thing to the guys that bend the rules. But they are only interested in the numbers and having the reputation of being the fastest drivers. They build themselves up to tear others down. I often have heard them tear down guys by saying how slow they are and how they run circles around them. And this is just one example of the result of this kind of behavior. It's truly pathetic when some tear down their co-workers just to build themselves up.

They tried getting us to work through our lunches and I told the TM that I'd be glad to do that, as soon as they started paying for my lunch break. Of course, THAT didn't happen...

City guys don't get paid enough as it is, let alone donating another 30 minutes of your day.

Guys, please...some of you are kinda getting "high and mighty" on the subject. Talking about how you would take a stand, and this or that department would back you up...

I'm here to tell you that my income was the only one for my family. My boss ordered me to act/perform and I shut my mouth and followed orders. That's how it has to be. When it got to a point of being unrealistic, I pled my case. Chain of command was: TM, HR, safety. I was not backed up at all. So don't kid yourself into believing anyone will watch out for you except for you. When I objected, things accelerated and... I resigned. No one shed a tear for me. They don't care. Don't fool yourselves. They want numbers and that's it. Nothing else matters.

Guys, please...some of you are kinda getting "high and mighty" on the subject. Talking about how you would take a stand, and this or that department would back you up...

I'm here to tell you that my income was the only one for my family. My boss ordered me to act/perform and I shut my mouth and followed orders. That's how it has to be. When it got to a point of being unrealistic, I pled my case. Chain of command was: TM, HR, safety. I was not backed up at all. So don't kid yourself into believing anyone will watch out for you except for you. When I objected, things accelerated and... I resigned. No one shed a tear for me. They don't care. Don't fool yourselves. They want numbers and that's it. Nothing else matters.
It's not a matter of being "high and mighty." It's what I'm willing to tolerate and for how long, at least for me. I would have resigned long before you did. Ultimately you must take a leap of faith that you will find something better. Just like you ultimately did. Are you saying you stayed because you could not financially afford leave? I have never let money compromise my principles. That's all I'm saying..

You are correct. I stayed for the money. My family comes first, and I would gladly compromise my own happiness and principles so that they could benefit. I couldn't afford to be sanctimonious or quit my job without having a suitable backup plan in place. I waited, lived with the crap, and when the time was right I bailed.

You are correct. I stayed for the money. My family comes first, and I would gladly compromise my own happiness and principles so that they could benefit. I couldn't afford to be sanctimonious or quit my job without having a suitable backup plan in place. I waited, lived with the crap, and when the time was right I bailed.
I understand.

It's not a matter of being "high and mighty." It's what I'm willing to tolerate and for how long, at least for me. I would have resigned long before you did. Ultimately you must take a leap of faith that you will find something better. Just like you ultimately did. Are you saying you stayed because you could not financially afford leave? I have never let money compromise my principles. That's all I'm saying..

Of course you don't. Daddy left your wallet fat.