TForce | How Fast Do You Think We Will Be Union?

What happened to the great old saying united we stand divided we fall?

Or the other one the companies are hopping happens with their work force namely.
Divide and concore?

these sayings worked back in the day,will these tryed,and true words work again in our plight to get some much needed representation?

Heres one more while I'm on a roll.
Money isn't everything.
I agree with most this Indy contract is poor in the economic portion.
But the language is very important,because this is something we really need in my opinion.

I agree w\ skeeter that the whole co. will not go. thats when the co. starts shutting down terms. then require you join in the new location. we cant co-exist.

Some terminals as fast as they give the ok.
Other terminals will tell them to go cut bate with this contract.:1036316054:

The whole company will never go. That is my opinion.

Hey Skeeter, your optimism is showing again.

Good Luck guys, no matter how long, it will be worth the wait.:1036316054:

There is no way of knowing how long it will take for every terminal we have to organize or not. Many terminals will sit back and watch how other terminals make out under a contract. If they like what they see then they will seek representation. So I can not even begin to guess in this poll. I will say this, Part of the the parcel contract is to have a card check remain in place for 3 years at UPSF. In my opinion it will be a very slow process until the whole company is organized.

I agree w\ skeeter that the whole co. will not go. thats when the co. starts shutting down terms. then require you join in the new location. we cant co-exist.

Well, being divided will not get you people any closer too the ANTI SUBPAR contract you people are looking for.

If you are looking for greatness, sighn a card, if you are looking too exist, then you are looking at our demise.

I would rather have bargaining power then demise!!!!

As SUBPAR as this contract may be, it is work rules with a greivance process, that everyone can bask in, which is what most wanted to begin with. We are only loosing a contribution to the 401, and we are not sure we are even loosing that, OHH and I forgot $12.00 a week for union dues, (WOW). With bargaining power more in the union, the contract can only get better.

If infact TDU's numbers stand, I would expect that UPS and the IBT would be back at the negotiating table after the holidays. Remember this too, TDU is not the IBT and even though some IBT members are active in this organization, their agenda is not always clear. As a matter of fact, personally I put as much faith in TDU as I do the APWA.

I think all terminals will ratify and it will be quick. Those of you who have doubt, just wait until the guaranteed service kicks in and the pressure starts rolling downhill. UPS Freight going union along with the guaranteed service, together, will make this company do an about face and it will never be the same again. Doesn't it just look like this was UPS' plan all along? The timing couldn't be more perfect.

As for TDU's numbers, they're interesting and I suspect accurate, but it won't change anything. It will just have to be re-work a little and it'll get done.

Accelerator, let me help you out on something. Don't get your hopes up on the 401k match. It isn't going to happen. UPS will never give us something that they don't give their package people. They have union benefits and non-union benefits and they won't budge on that. Besides, only 25% even participate in that program and there really aren't that many people upset to see it go. It's kind of like the smoking bans. It doesn't adversely affect the majority, so there is no push to prevent them.

Skeeter, you never had a thought about giving this a chance, have you? With all insults and keyboard threats aside, you don't want anything to do with a Union so the rest of us are labeled in your mind. I just don't think you have any patience in the matter and you also want to have the greatest contract in history which isn't going to happen.

It's either the top or nothing. You know this is never going to happen,thus, feeding your anti union drive.

Must be nice to sit atop that throne, looking down on the rest of us.

I think all terminals will ratify and it will be quick. Those of you who have doubt, just wait until the guaranteed service kicks in and the pressure starts rolling downhill. UPS Freight going union along with the guaranteed service, together, will make this company do an about face and it will never be the same again. Doesn't it just look like this was UPS' plan all along? The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Good point U-D. Everyday it gets a little more complex regarding rules and policies. I had a customer last week tell me the service is getting better and damages are down. He said he knew it was going to take some time, but now he is interested in trying us again. If we were still "O" or "MC", this customer would be long gone unless we gave him a massive discount. Now, customers are rethinking the price over service bit. This is in part to having everyone give 100% everyday or get written up. And to be frank about it, it's about damn time. But on the same note, I do not want to get written up for something that was out of my control and have a black mark against me. This is where we need representation. A manager who is also under a lot of pressure will not think twice to putting the blame elsewhere. Especially when the Guarantee Service and Worldship for freight is implemented this January.

As for TDU's numbers, they're interesting and I suspect accurate, but it won't change anything. It will just have to be re-work a little and it'll get done.

Accelerator, let me help you out on something. Don't get your hopes up on the 401k match. It isn't going to happen. UPS will never give us something that they don't give their package people. They have union benefits and non-union benefits and they won't budge on that. Besides, only 25% even participate in that program and there really aren't that many people upset to see it go. It's kind of like the smoking bans. It doesn't adversely affect the majority, so there is no push to prevent them.

UPGF, I am not doubting that it may be taken away, but there is still a slim chance, we will see the contract at our next union sitting.

Most are not interested in the 401, to be frank, I think it's foolish, but that is my opinion.

Skeeter, you never had a thought about giving this a chance, have you? With all insults and keyboard threats aside, you don't want anything to do with a Union so the rest of us are labeled in your mind. I just don't think you have any patience in the matter and you also want to have the greatest contract in history which isn't going to happen.

It's either the top or nothing. You know this is never going to happen,thus, feeding your anti union drive.

You know something though, atleast he is honest too some degree, beyond all the smoke and mirrors we see the "DUKE".

:ranting2::thumbsdown::cuss:hi skeeter up in the great white northwest the guy are divided on the union in seattle terminal . some guy are gun ho about the union and me suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee how strange, Skeeter voted on the poll and believes we will be union within three years. Do we have a flip flopper amoung us? :hysterical:

Steve, I just keep stating my opinions. I don't insult anyone unless they insult me first.

I feel we need the union for various reasons. The main one is contract carries.
I'm loud and vocal only because I want more than Indy settled for.

I'm not expecting the Mother of all contracts.
By the way I'll let your insulting remarks slide.

Steve, I just keep stating my opinions. I don't insult anyone unless they insult me first.

I feel we need the union for various reasons. The main one is contract carries.
I'm loud and vocal only because I want more than Indy settled for.

I'm not expecting the Mother of all contracts.
By the way I'll let your insulting remarks slide.

If you find this insulting, that's your problem. I'm not worried if you let it slide or not.