TForce | How Fast Do You Think We Will Be Union?

If everyone is so worried about the 401-k why weren't they in it when the company put money in it. U can go to the bank start a ROTH-IRA and do as good as your non matching 401-k would do or even better .Come on guys,,

Believe it or not there is alot of people worried about the match in the 401, I am not worried about it, for the contract offers more then the 401 match does, and you are 100% correct about the #'s, people seem to think they are loosing alot of money , free money is free money, I cannot argue with that but, the % of people contributing is like 10% of the company , as a whole, I cannot justify being worried at all in comparison to what we are gaining in a contract. And we still have a pention.

I was woundering if UPS forgot us freight haulers with the turkey give away this year.
So just before I left the terminal to go home I asked our night dispatcher about it.
I posted before he came from a load supervisor at UPS parcel.
So if we have any questions about our parent UPS,he has the answers.

Well he says UPS always does the turkey hand out for Christmas,not Thanksgiving.

He said we always associate turkey with Thanksgiving,its a natural thing.

But UPS must think different than the rest of us,so we can look for this fowl hand out in about two,or three more weeks.

I was woundering if UPS forgot us freight haulers with the turkey give away this year.
So just before I left the terminal to go home I asked our night dispatcher about it.
I posted before he came from a load supervisor at UPS parcel.
So if we have any questions about our parent UPS,he has the answers.

Well he says UPS always does the turkey hand out for Christmas,not Thanksgiving.

He said we always associate turkey with Thanksgiving,its a natural thing.

But UPS must think different than the rest of us,so we can look for this fowl hand out in about two,or three more weeks.

I want a live one to play with. That cluckity cluck sound is such a turn on. :hide:

Yeah but its really messy when you decide your hungry enough to eat your pet bird.

You don't want to get to attached to something your going to have to wack their head off to get it cooked up.

Yeah but its really messy when you decide your hungry enough to eat your pet bird.

You don't want to get to attached to something your going to have to wack their head off to get it cooked up.
I would never whack their head off...why thats my local business agent! :hide::biglaugh:
I derailed this topic once again.

I think this thread topic started out discussing the the fact that UPS passed us freight haulers by with their yearly turkey give away.
But that the turkey hand outs are for the Christmas holiday season not thanksgiving.

Now are you all very thankful I've got this thread back on the topic?

Or you could care less?

:biglaugh:

I do knot know where the others were going with this comment , but I can assure you it was,nt what I was thinking.:biglaugh:

:biglaugh: I really don't know why I posted that. I guess I just go with the flow of the last few replies.

What was the original topic about? I'm too lazy to scroll up.:smilie_132:

YO Dockworker are you on the truckingboards today with your eyes closed?
I just posted the original thread topic theme above your post.

I know you can't be that sleepy my friend.

From what I was told with my meeting with the HR guy about union activity: anyone who gets in the way of UPS Freight going union will be gone. Be it Pres., VP , TM, driver /dock worker. This is going to be get out of the way or get run over. UPS will do what ever it takes to get rid of over lapping cost. A non-union branch is an over lapping cost. They need to eliminate the entire HR structure from the old ovnt, to cut costs. Throwing us into the union would be a drop in the bucket for UPS, since they have 20 times the employees in it already. Ups is set up to deal with workers as union employees, not non-union. The 225,000 will absorb the 10,000 at UPSF. Just my speculation.:1036316054:

From what I was told with my meeting with the HR guy about union activity: anyone who gets in the way of UPS Freight going union will be gone. Be it Pres., VP , TM, driver /dock worker. This is going to be get out of the way or get run over. UPS will do what ever it takes to get rid of over lapping cost. A non-union branch is an over lapping cost. They need to eliminate the entire HR structure from the old ovnt, to cut costs. Throwing us into the union would be a drop in the bucket for UPS, since they have 20 times the employees in it already. Ups is set up to deal with workers as union employees, not non-union. The 225,000 will absorb the 10,000 at UPSF. Just my speculation.:1036316054:

You are certainly not far offbase, I agree.:1036316054:

Read The Contract Fully Before You Jump Onthe Bandwagon.the Word Union Does Not Completely Spe;; Justification.read The Fine Print And Then Make Your Judgement Call.there Is Moer To The Story Than Meet The Eye.

Gee I acuss Dockworker of not paying attention to how this thread topic started.
And now I see I was just as blind as he was?

Heres my question about this whole union issue.
We are aren't the old Overnite anymore.
We are working for the tightest ship in shipping.
They have loaded us up with rules,and they want us to focus on crunching their numbers for our production.

OK,OK,Ask the question already!

All righty then.
Do we stay a non-union company,and take what they dish out every day,hopping for the best?

Or do we organize,and pay our 2&1/2 hours of union dues per month,which if you make out the long form for income tax.
The dues are deductable.

Anyways do we pay the money for representation regardless of the economics in the contract,then the next time around have the Teamster bargain for a better deal?

Gee I acuss Dockworker of not paying attention to how this thread topic started.
And now I see I was just as blind as he was?

Heres my question about this whole union issue.
We are aren't the old Overnite anymore.
We are working for the tightest ship in shipping.
They have loaded us up with rules,and they want us to focus on crunching their numbers for our production.

OK,OK,Ask the question already!

All righty then.
Do we stay a non-union company,and take what they dish out every day,hopping for the best?

Or do we organize,and pay our 2&1/2 hours of union dues per month,which if you make out the long form for income tax.
The dues are deductable.

Anyways do we pay the money for representation regardless of the economics in the contract,then the next time around have the Teamster bargain for a better deal?

There is strength in #'s APO, considering what INDY was up against I think they did a good job on thier own.......

Read The Contract Fully Before You Jump Onthe Bandwagon.the Word Union Does Not Completely Spe;; Justification.read The Fine Print And Then Make Your Judgement Call.there Is Moer To The Story Than Meet The Eye.

Well thanx for the advice, it is well recieved. I still think you need a doctor.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I say enough reading get the cards going.

First we were waiting for the Indy contract to be completed,and voted in.
Thats history now.
Then we were waiting for the parcel contract to be done.
Well according to the UPSer's web site,they have agreed on that contract.

So now whats the hold up?

I think I'm going to be long retired next spring before I see UPS Freight go union.

Oh well I'll just keep leanning on Jesus Christ,he's the best representation I've had up to now,so I know I can count on him forever.