ABF | How has been starting over at ABF been for you

t-scan interview Monday went well I was honest with him as he was with me all they have is casual work right now sent the app to be checked out need full time I told when it comes back if he gets the ok to hire people I want to be one of them shook hands well see where it leads to

I believe that casual line is common. We all know that for the most part they cannot make any promises. If they are really hurting for drivers they won't want to scare you off with that line though.

Thanks for the no reply, does that mean that no one knows or no one cares?
Question, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but anyway: Does ABF have any road drivers in Wisconsin? I have been led to believe that all of the road drivers come out of Illinois and come up into Wisconsin and then go back to the land of Lincoln. I was just wondering if this is true, I am always looking around at other possibilities for employment and I can cross ABF off of my list if indeed they do not have any road drivers in Wisconsin. Thanks

Thanks for the no reply, does that mean that no one knows or no one cares?
I don't live in that part of the country & I have no clue about a road operation out of Wisconsin, My suggestion would go to ABF website & find the # & call....

You think that none of these guys on here that seem to know everything and anything work out of the Midwest? As far as going online they have never shown anyone being hired in my area(Oshkosh) other than casual in all the times I have checked it out in the last five years. That's OK, I am pretty happy at Holland, I just like keeping my knowledge of what's going on out there up to date in case I need it. Really hoping a bunch more guys jump ship or retire or get fired, keeps me moving up the seniority board, if you know what I mean!
I don't live in that part of the country & I have no clue about a road operation out of Wisconsin, My suggestion would go to ABF website & find the # & call....

You think that none of these guys on here that seem to know everything and anything work out of the Midwest? As far as going online they have never shown anyone being hired in my area(Oshkosh) other than casual in all the times I have checked it out in the last five years. That's OK, I am pretty happy at Holland, I just like keeping my knowledge of what's going on out there up to date in case I need it. Really hoping a bunch more guys jump ship or retire or get fired, keeps me moving up the seniority board, if you know what I mean!
Gee you would that a guy like you with such an upbeat and cheery attitude would have no trouble charming the pants of a prospective employer

:smiliewhs:
It's always good to hear a Teamster hoping his coworkers will get fired. I'm surprised you didn't include an on the job injury to help clear out the board while you were at it. And for what it's worth neither I nor anyone I know on here works out of that area.

:smiliewhs:
It's always good to hear a Teamster hoping his coworkers will get fired. I'm surprised you didn't include an on the job injury to help clear out the board while you were at it. And for what it's worth neither I nor anyone I know on here works out of that area.

That is not just a teamster thing...

There are No Road drivers out of the appleton Terminal if thats what you need to know

I agree, it just hits home more when it is.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't been a teamster near as long as you.

But I have family members that have and I remember how they really watched each others back.

Now I have seen with my on eyes how the new breed of snitches run to management hoping to get a brownie...

You can't go by the job listings on the website. They are rarely up to date. You should call the terminal manager or the operations manager at the prospective terminal to get a real sense of whether or not they are hiring and if they have line haul out if that location.

Pos.......

Hello guys, I applied with ABF in Atlanta. They said they are hiring for Road and City. Looking forward to a call from them. I have 8 years experience with another ltl company who just terminated me with no just cause or violation. Its complete bs.

Hello guys, I applied with ABF in Atlanta. They said they are hiring for Road and City. Looking forward to a call from them. I have 8 years experience with another ltl company who just terminated me with no just cause or violation. Its complete bs.
Good luck to you sir.
Been here about 36 days & it's been good so far.

Good luck Dark Knight. I hope you filled your app out 100% and didn't leave anything out, that kills many applicants.