XPO | How many actual XPO employees are on Truckingboards?

We have talked about this stuff before...no LTL pays according to experience...union or non...i dont agree with it but nothing I can do about it...i have a question though and I truly hope that I'm wrong.. but how many of you guys have written congressmen or senators about driver compensation? I have...as far as voting on a contract I will say it again you vote on the contract as a whole, not even the president has a line item veto...and to peachys point no LTL has a 2 tier pay system....
So what are you hoping to accomplish by writing your Congressman on driver pay? Do you want the government to regulate pay? If so that's a slippery slope letting the government decide how much you should be paid!!!

So what are you hoping to accomplish by writing your Congressman on driver pay? Do you want the government to regulate pay? If so that's a slippery slope letting the government decide how much you should be paid!!!
Did I say that? I'm talking about how its done... we have ELDs so there is no reason to not make it hourly...with overtime...with all hours compensated....no free sitting time...it has a better chance of getting a change then complaining on TB, dont you think?

Did I say that? I'm talking about how its done... we have ELDs so there is no reason to not make it hourly...with overtime...with all hours compensated....no free sitting time...it has a better chance of getting a change then complaining on TB, dont you think?
You're already compensated for all the time you work when you're at ABF, that's nice you're worried a about non union workers that don't.

I was there when I first started so yes I do care about others...and this is why I loathe answering you....you didnt answer my question as you never do...
Sorry dude I don't know what question you asked me, no reason to loathe answering me and care about others.

You still have comprehension problems I see ....I said I loathe answering you....learn to read please...
Haters Reaction GIF by Jamie Kennedy

And from the responses given in this thread. Guessing there about three. Probably a whole lot that read and don't participate. A large group that will only jump in like once a year. Guy will literally have 11 posts and 50 likes, been a member since 2012 or something. But all in all. Looks like three.

Craft unions operate differently than trucking. In the crafts, once you put in your time as an apprentice you are considered a journeyman and get full pay wherever you work in a union shop. In trucking you are considered an "apprentice" so to speak whenever you start a new job. However with the recent driver shortage that has gone by the wayside for the time being at least.
The Journeyman in this craft is called "owner/operator".

Craft unions operate differently than trucking. In the crafts, once you put in your time as an apprentice you are considered a journeyman and get full pay wherever you work in a union shop. In trucking you are considered an "apprentice" so to speak whenever you start a new job. However with the recent driver shortage that has gone by the wayside for the time being at least.
The difference between a Craft union member and a truck driver are not even in close. A craft member like an Electrician, plumber, or carpenter knew there trade. Were as truck driver doesn't, well at least now a days. I have ran into drivers some new and some senior that didn't know what a Johnson bar is, brake can, slack adjuster, the difference between a check engine light and an emission light, what are the max axle weights, if the truck has disk brakes or not ( yes the new one do), if the trailer/truck has a current annual inspection, and so many other general knowledge every truck driver should know.
So this is why we are not considered a craft so many are dumb or just play dumb so we get paid like we are all dumb

The difference between a Craft union member and a truck driver are not even in close. A craft member like an Electrician, plumber, or carpenter knew there trade. Were as truck driver doesn't, well at least now a days. I have ran into drivers some new and some senior that didn't know what a Johnson bar is, brake can, slack adjuster, the difference between a check engine light and an emission light, what are the max axle weights, if the truck has disk brakes or not ( yes the new one do), if the trailer/truck has a current annual inspection, and so many other general knowledge every truck driver should know.
So this is why we are not considered a craft so many are dumb or just play dumb so we get paid like we are all dumb
One part of your post is very telling...you said at least now a days...meaning to me that drivers did know things at one time....and while you won't say it I will....when unions were prevalent..... the reason we get paid like we are dumb is because that is what company executives have turned the job into by driving the union out....it takes a long time for this to come to fruition because when they deregulated trucking you had all these professional drivers, then the next wave came in and learned some from them, but not all.....then the ones after them learned some but not all, till you get to where we are...and its only going to get worse...

We are not considered skilled workers
With skilled trades,i.e., welders,plumbers,carpenters,electricians,and others,you have to for the most part be able to use computers, tools,and read blueprints, where as many of the entry level people obtaining CDL’s today, they can’t read road signs,use a road atlas, add without a calculator, or tell time without using an I Phone.