XPO | How many and where leaving

Don't you think that if they would top-out in 12-15 months a lot more would stay? That's an issue that needs to be addressed..top out in over 5 years in the north ( of old ccx) is just ridiculous. When they funded the pension and gave free insurance, then it was worth the wait..now, you can go to other ltl's and start at almost what we top out at..in the South that is.
If they top out faster and still less than most of the other lines they will stay?

Don't you think that if they would top-out in 12-15 months a lot more would stay? That's an issue that needs to be addressed..top out in over 5 years in the north ( of old ccx) is just ridiculous. When they funded the pension and gave free insurance, then it was worth the wait..now, you can go to other ltl's and start at almost what we top out at..in the South that is.

Most companies around here top out in 3 years, which I think is reasonable.

The problem with Con-Way, is not only do they make you wait half a decade to top out, they save everything until the last damn raise! Here's how my trip up the pay ladder went:

Raise #1: $0.40
Raise #2: $0.44
Raise #3: $0.80
Raise #4: $0.87
Raise #5: $2.40

Spread some of that crap out! Don't give your people minuscule little raises for 4 years and then save 90% until the end! Even that huge last raise is not enough to make me want to stay now!

Sent from my granny's ROTARY DIAL PRINCESS PHONE using Tapatalk

Most companies around here top out in 3 years, which I think is reasonable.

The problem with Con-Way, is not only do they make you wait half a decade to top out, they save everything until the last damn raise! Here's how my trip up the pay ladder went:

Raise #1: $0.40
Raise #2: $0.44
Raise #3: $0.80
Raise #4: $0.87
Raise #5: $2.40

Spread some of that crap out! Don't give your people minuscule little raises for 4 years and then save 90% until the end! Even that huge last raise is not enough to make me want to stay now!

Sent from my granny's ROTARY DIAL PRINCESS PHONE using Tapatalk
Cause they are playing the odds you will either be fired or will quit within 4 years.

You know I survived all the Marine Corps hurry up and Wait Bull**** and there little Games there Aint **** this Puny outfit can do to me so they can **** off lmao !!!

As did I, but atleast there were a few perks to the Marine Corps bs. Not Con-way.. 14 hr days, no life..No thanks. :)

And Con-F, you must be one of those boot camp "stantion" recruits..The ones who fly under the radar,the ones the DI have to ask who you are, or the lance who disappears when its time for a working party..lol

The old ccx make a lot more than we do. Plus O/T after 8 of course.

I don't think they make enough to put up with all the bs, but that may be enough to entice drivers. That, of course, will never happen cause it would "bankrupt the company" as I was told by regional management.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preciate it Joe. I've thought long and hard before I jumped. I figured I better move now cause everyone at Memphis thats worth being around is unhappy and wanting to leave. I left before all the good jobs were taking by other disgruntled Conway employees. Everyone here is running for the doors. They can't even keep supervisors around. :wavey:

Couple of 10+ year city guys within the last month here @ XPI= 60 door 40 something driver end of line terminal. Lots of people talking about it...

No Actually I popped some snot nose kid in the mouth for a Smart Ass Remark and paid for it but every push up was well worth it !!!
As did I, but atleast there were a few perks to the Marine Corps bs. Not Con-way.. 14 hr days, no life..No thanks. :)

And Con-F, you must be one of those boot camp "stantion" recruits..The ones who fly under the radar,the ones the DI have to ask who you are, or the lance who disappears when its time for a working party..lol

Preciate it Joe. I've thought long and hard before I jumped. I figured I better move now cause everyone at Memphis thats worth being around is unhappy and wanting to leave. I left before all the good jobs were taking by other disgruntled Conway employees. Everyone here is running for the doors. They can't even keep supervisors around. :wavey:

It's a good point that it's not just the drivers but also the supervisors. We have lost a lot of talent in the office. And that decline directly effects drivers every day. On the dock or the street.

We will lose some really good drivers just due to bad management. And some really good supervisors to being burdened with bad management.

How long can the good ones pick up the slack and do the work of two or three or more ?

I dunno. Things are starting to go full circle. Good drivers are bailing so the job has gotten tuff on the supervisor. Supervisors are bailing cause they're tired of getting their a$$ in s sling over what is not getting delivered or picked up. Csrs are quitting cause they are the closest person in contact with the supervisors on a round the clock basis, so they're leaving cause they're tired of being the punching bag. Conway is soon to be the new Central Transport in my opinion.

When I started with CCX back in 2000 I was in the 40s as far as seniority. When I left in 2011 I was in the teens. We had that core of veteran DSRs that I knew I would never get in front of them. I remember back in 2009 , we had our top 2 senior LH drivers quit within 6 months of each other, that said something to me. Went through a bunch of FOSs and a couple of SCMs. I know I haven't been with con-way in 2 1/2 years but so much has changed. I still talk to people I used to work with and reminisce about the CCX days.

I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life when I left Con-way but reading all the stuff on here and hearing from my former co-workers, I might have made the best decision.

I , myself also was hesitant at first. I realized after my first day at Abf, that conway is not a normal atmosphere for professional drivers. They're disrespectful and did not appreciate the extra mile I went for them. It was expected and for what? Nothing but crumbs and Monday threats! **** you conway for pissing on the labor force that makes it happen daily! I don't know how you have 1 driver.

I , myself also was hesitant at first. I realized after my first day at Abf, that conway is not a normal atmosphere for professional drivers. They're disrespectful and did not appreciate the extra mile I went for them. It was expected and for what? Nothing but crumbs and Monday threats! **** you conway for pissing on the labor force that makes it happen daily! I don't know how you have 1 driver.

that's me :hide: