XPO | How many and where leaving

We've lost about 13 at XIN in the last couple weeks to OD. All Linehaul, witg more to come.
I was number 2 to go!! Now I hear they're paying a $1200 retention bonus to 3-4 year guys. Number 6 was offered $1000 if he would re-consider. A total joke! After Taxes, might buy a couple of Xtra Value meals per week for that year commitment. Then What? Still got the Dock, Still got Lean, Still got cameras, Still got the attitude and dis-respect, Still got Dougie and Greg.............Still Got NO HOPE!! Have fun with that!!

Two months ago, in a bull session with three other guys, I made this statement "Con-Way IS the new Central Transport" IS...not soon to be. Part time help for no money...lousy bennies...pension.what's that? Oh, wait, management still has a pension. We'll pay you a referral bonus if you bring in a new driver. I don't know anyone I dislike that much.

I dunno. Things are starting to go full circle. Good drivers are bailing so the job has gotten tuff on the supervisor. Supervisors are bailing cause they're tired of getting their a$$ in s sling over what is not getting delivered or picked up. Csrs are quitting cause they are the closest person in contact with the supervisors on a round the clock basis, so they're leaving cause they're tired of being the punching bag. Conway is soon to be the new Central Transport in my opinion.

Two months ago, in a bull session with three other guys, I made this statement "Con-Way IS the new Central Transport" IS...not soon to be. Part time help for no money...lousy bennies...pension.what's that? Oh, wait, management still has a pension. We'll pay you a referral bonus if you bring in a new driver. I don't know anyone I dislike that much.

Who is out there that will buy this mess ? If you are setting up a business to sell, you gotta have a buyer in mind.

Who could even buy con-way? Con-way is already too big..Fedex, UPS? Why would they, they already have a huge footprint too.

And a lot of times you'll hear that they bought a company for the business. Who wants our business ? We already do the stuff other companies don't consider profitable.

I was number 2 to go!! Now I hear they're paying a $1200 retention bonus to 3-4 year guys. Number 6 was offered $1000 if he would re-consider. A total joke! After Taxes, might buy a couple of Xtra Value meals per week for that year commitment. Then What? Still got the Dock, Still got Lean, Still got cameras, Still got the attitude and dis-respect, Still got Dougie and Greg.............Still Got NO HOPE!! Have fun with that!!

Guy walked up to me yesterday and said he heard 27 walked out of Indianapolis and another 20 out Memphis. Rumors are flying.

Funny thing about this barn. No one is leaving. Even though we have so many options. Virtually no one has left.

It's like they are waiting for a shoe to drop. Maybe wait until summer so the kids are out of school ? They run on and on. And then show up tomorrow.

Who is out there that will buy this mess ? If you are setting up a business to sell, you gotta have a buyer in mind.

Come on man. What's wrong with you. Where in this tread did you read "Conway is for sale. "? Even if that was relevant, Conway is to arrogant to recognize the truth. They would want billions for a nickle and dime opperation so they would rather it all go crashing down cause no-one would ever benifit..

Everybody needs to remember where this outfit originated form. Big CF wanted to haul coast to coast freight. Didn't want to be hassled with regional freight. Low and behold Conway. Non-union, regional carrier that out grew itself. Now Conway has national accounts but everything is loaded to ride 200 miles and be broke unless it's on a sub-service wagon. National carrier with regional roots. It makes the job unbearable on everybody cause they're less to do the same. But the job has leveled off. I wish everyone at my service center could've walked out with me last week. I pray for the ones that have to stay.

And I pray for the guys hanging on for retirement. Good luck. Dueces, :sadwavey::guiness::couch:. And convict, here's to you:draw::moon2::Fart::fingure: im not a freeloader. Just like the Bud-heavy.

Come on man. What's wrong with you. Where in this tread did you read "Conway is for sale. "? Even if that was relevant, Conway is to arrogant to recognize the truth. They would want billions for a nickle and dime opperation so they would rather it all go crashing down cause no-one would ever benifit..

CT was ate up by Vitran. After having been run into the ground. Seemed a straight line thought to me.

I do know this, and I quote, "We are currently 20 DSRs down from this time last year" TM said.
Due to drivers leaving, and terminated,
i am currently working the dock up to 2hrs per night to get the freight hunted down and loaded to go on my 600 mile run.
We dont have dock workers, we have LOADERS?!!!? What a joke,,,

I do know this, and I quote, "We are currently 20 DSRs down from this time last year" TM said.
Due to drivers leaving, and terminated,
i am currently working the dock up to 2hrs per night to get the freight hunted down and loaded to go on my 600 mile run.
We dont have dock workers, we have LOADERS?!!!? What a joke,,,

Fewer DSR's is what they want. And being as you are line haul you won't get any OT. Which is what they want.

Fewer DSR's is what they want. And being as you are line haul you won't get any OT. Which is what they want.

For some, lol! We get OT after 60 hours on linehaul, they are trying desperately to hire to eliminate paying us 10 hours a week OT.
Disclaimer! Different country, so more protections.

8 leaving XPN now with a lot more in the future....such a shame the company doesn't wake up before there is no more Conway

8 leaving XPN now with a lot more in the future....such a shame the company doesn't wake up before there is no more Conway

There will still be a Con-way. Make no mistake. A 5 Billion dollar behemoth is going no where unless they are cooking the books on an Enron like level. But what will happen is a younger, inexperienced work force who only knows the con-way. Cheaper labor costs to boot.

A senior guy told me today he was putting in apps. I am like why ? You are close to the end.

He says: We are swirling the drain. Why wait for the flush ? ( paraphrased for content and language )

I don't think he means the company. They are greedy and richer than ever. I think he meant us. The drivers. They are flushing us.

Don't you think that if they would top-out in 12-15 months a lot more would stay? That's an issue that needs to be addressed..top out in over 5 years in the north ( of old ccx) is just ridiculous. When they funded the pension and gave free insurance, then it was worth the wait..now, you can go to other ltl's and start at almost what we top out at..in the South that is.

Amen brother,, Amen