XPO | How many and where leaving

I have spent a lot of time viewing your forum since I noticed they were hiring in Dallas....Rollin has pretty much said everything I need to know.........And many more have put into words the very things I needed to know........You guys are good and deserve much more.....F that micro-managing BS.......Saia brings to the table everything I need as I ready myself for retirement in next 3 to 5 years (still thinking it over) ...............I've paid my dues in the 40+ years in the LTL business....Not that you young guys need this old timers advice but let me give you some anyway........2 things.........While your young don't waste your time at a company you can't see yourself retiring at.....Jump now while your young so you can build seniority at a good company.....Don't let seniority be the determining factor in your staying if you hate your current job....It's worth starting over at the bottom......Trust me. Lastly, stay out of debt and get your house and cars paid for so your not drowning in debt (try to stay away from credit cards)....Drive those cars and trucks until the wheels fall off. I can retire at 62 because I'm debt free and my wife can cover me on health care until I'm eligible for medicare. Live within your means and don't concern yourself with keeping up with the Jones'es.....You got nothing to prove to anyone....Thx highspeeds I will keep the shine buffed out.
Dont go around knocking something you haven't been a part of. Most of those ex employees didn't have enough seniority to do some good at conway. Just liike yo said, build up seniority and it's good. And no, you wouldn't have gone to a straight driving job in Dallas, but there is plenty of work. We run one seniority board, so there is always something to do. You hve to wait on people to retire to move up. Those guys aint going anywhere soon. This is an easy job, monday-friday, home everyday. and it pays good. you can't ask for much more. (except more money, of course).
Now, there are going to be some folks that come on here and say they are current employees and don't like the place, but they are still here for a reason. it's good, easy money. Paid for all time worked. Some will try to discredit me, but everything I said is true.

40 years in LTL, this place is not for you, hell they wouldn't even hire you, I'm sure.

Dont go around knocking something you haven't been a part of. Most of those ex employees didn't have enough seniority to do some good at conway. Just liike yo said, build up seniority and it's good. And no, you wouldn't have gone to a straight driving job in Dallas, but there is plenty of work. We run one seniority board, so there is always something to do. You hve to wait on people to retire to move up. Those guys aint going anywhere soon. This is an easy job, monday-friday, home everyday. and it pays good. you can't ask for much more. (except more money, of course).
Now, there are going to be some folks that come on here and say they are current employees and don't like the place, but they are still here for a reason. it's good, easy money. Paid for all time worked. Some will try to discredit me, but everything I said is true.

40 years in LTL, this place is not for you, hell they wouldn't even hire you, I'm sure.
Would that be because he is overqualified?

I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad place for everyone. I meant that it wasn't a good fit for me personally. Dock work is not part of the job at Saia for a P&D driver. I could do it but they don't require it. At 59 I just want to drive and do swaps and overflow with a later start time....Saia fit that need perfectly....I must say that of all the forums I read that Conways is one of the most active in negative opinions....I can only assume that there must be a reason for that.....But you are right I have no first hand knowledge and I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clearer.

The last 10 or 12 years con-way has started treating drivers like they are worthless. The reason drivers do not leave here with 15 or 20 years is because they do not want to start over at the bottom. They told us when we came to work her we would have to work the dock. That was back in1991 when I can here. The main most linehaul drivers are unhappy now is working 68 to 70 hours a week and Dallas is one of the terminals that make us do it. If you work Monday thru sat. you only get about 25 hours sleep in that time. When it was a 60 hour week it was good.

The last 10 or 12 years con-way has started treating drivers like they are worthless. The reason drivers do not leave here with 15 or 20 years is because they do not want to start over at the bottom. They told us when we came to work her we would have to work the dock. That was back in1991 when I can here. The main most linehaul drivers are unhappy now is working 68 to 70 hours a week and Dallas is one of the terminals that make us do it. If you work Monday thru sat. you only get about 25 hours sleep in that time. When it was a 60 hour week it was good.

How is it that you and Beer run out of the same barn, and based on what you said you are a big strapper, but you're not pissing blue like he is?

Crickets chirping...........................

that's what happens when a place goes empty.

Those drivers that remain are just here to collect and roll.

The company don't want us anymore.

Change isn't good for everyone.

While we are reduced. The dock hands are thrilled. Many of them now getting over 40 hours. They are elated.

Assistant terminal manager at nmp quit yesterday. Said he cant take it anymore. If hes leaving, something has to be coming down the pipe that most don't know of. He started there as a driver nearly 20 years ago. He decided gambling with YRC has better odds than hanging out at Conway. What's that tell you?

Assistant terminal manager at nmp quit yesterday. Said he cant take it anymore. If hes leaving, something has to be coming down the pipe that most don't know of. He started there as a driver nearly 20 years ago. He decided gambling with YRC has better odds than hanging out at Conway. What's that tell you?

Dude. We all know it's coming. We all call it " D - day ".

Just a matter of time. Whether it's a change of operation. Or a shake up of the labor force. Or both. Or more.

It's coming. It's looming. It's nearly here.

it's not just drivers bailing. The management are fleeing as well.

This isn't what they signed up for.

My terminal has lost several long standing well respected office staff.

Just a matter of time. Whether it's a change of operation. Or a shake up of the labor force. Or both. Or more.

I know man. I wasn't trying to seem like im wanting to watch the nuke fall on y'all. I wish they would find a way to pull their heads out of their arses and save you guys alot of grief and misery. I just posted that cause the title of the tread. Figured someone somewhere might find it interesting.

In the meantime it's business as usual for many..........Because many prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand like the ostrich.....To each their own I suppose.

that's what happens when a place goes empty.

Those drivers that remain are just here to collect and roll.

The company don't want us anymore.

Change isn't good for everyone.

While we are reduced. The dock hands are thrilled. Many of them now getting over 40 hours. They are elated.

Our part time dock hands were reduced to no more than 5 hours per day recently by the G.O.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That the reason I retired 3 years ago. Working 68 to70 hours a week. and of course they took that years vacation away also. Started getting my pension, not what they promise. But better than the new hires get. THEY ALSO PAY SOME OF MY INSURANCE EACH MONTH. That surprised me. These new people out of college do not even know what a trailer is. They just do what the bosses tell them to do. The way I look at it if Con-way has not learn to to haul freight in 30 years they never will. If we had not given all that vacation they would be out of business now.

That the reason I retired 3 years ago. Working 68 to70 hours a week. and of course they took that years vacation away also. Started getting my pension, not what they promise. But better than the new hires get. THEY ALSO PAY SOME OF MY INSURANCE EACH MONTH. That surprised me. These new people out of college do not even know what a trailer is. They just do what the bosses tell them to do. The way I look at it if Con-way has not learn to to haul freight in 30 years they never will. If we had not given all that vacation they would be out of business now.

We used to know how to haul freight not now. We are now racing to the bottom of the LTL ranks in all ways...

Blessing in disguise Who really cares anymore...