Central Transport | How Many Drivers Have You Lost?

We lost a linehaul driver yesterday, he's going to USF Holland, and four more drivers are leaving in 2 weeks for another company. The rats are jumping off the ship. No life jackets to grab cause there all in OS&D.

Not sure how many CLT has lost, but I do know they are losing one of their best within the week. My husband finally found a better job - and by better, I mean a job with a company that is not sinking faster than the Titanic, that knows how to treat its employees, and that probably offers better benefits (pretty sure they couldn't possibly be worse than what Vitran provides). He stuck it out for two years, watching the company slowly (well, not so slowly after all) self-destruct, losing money left and right, trying to convince the drivers that equipment was safe when it clearly wasn't, and so on. He's had it, he's done. So I will probably not be signing on here after next week, and I thank you all for letting me participate in the forum. And to the CLT driver who loves reading my posts, feel free to find us on Facebook - I have plenty more on there! LOL

an employer should pay a former employee in full what that person has earned and occured when no longer employed with company.

With all the new hires I think the question should be .......How many drivers are lost? And for the senior guys that have left.....How many have found their way out?

Last edited by a moderator:
at my terminal we are now down to 15 city drivers and 8 linehaul. we have lost 50% of our drivers in the last month and half. all went to better companies,most senior drivers.

at my terminal we are now down to 15 city drivers and 8 linehaul. we have lost 50% of our drivers in the last month and half. all went to better companies,most senior drivers.
I'm starting to think they are running people off on purpose to rebuild a work force that pays their drivers around 18.50 .....That's one way to offset the damages.

When I finalized my last day paperwork and exit interview this is where Wichita stands. They are slotted for 10 city drivers. 1 guy was on long term leave and was off for to long and the company released him thus plus 1 postion open. City dispatcher quit 2 weeks ago (dispatcher position filled) here is the trick the dispatcher had a class A and most of the time he came in early to run P and D until lunch time and most of the time well after to keep them ahead of the game on early closes and bulk pick up plus 1 position. (now we are at 2) City driver number 3 was suppose to be a part time as needed (the guy is retired and can't make a lot of money per year). He has been working full time since JAN and in 2 weeks will have made his allotted money for the year. (plus 1 diver now we are at 3) Driver 4 turned in his 2 weeks and his last day on the job was also Friday with me, he starts at ABF on Monday. (plus 1 we are now at 4) Driver number 5 had his interview at R and L on Thursday and turned in a 1 week notice the same day. (plus 1 now we are at 5 drivers) That is the City positions open at the Wichita terminal......Line Haul postions open. Well me duh that is a given so I start with myself at PLUS 1! Driver number 2 is on work comp and has recently found out that he will require 2 surgeries at different times (its MAY people) one is a shoulder 6 to 8 weeks total time is what we was told next comes his back 10 to 12 weeks total time. Now if work comp gets there stuff together (which yeah they won't trust me it takes forever) he won't be back until at the earliest October?) So thats 2 Line and 5 city driver positions open right now. Wichita isn't a big terminal with only 19 driver postions and there are 7 positions open thats about 35% of your labor. I don't care what company you are its hard to find drivers, we aren't talking good drivers just drivers that is tough.

Det lost a city driver this am to Conway. He just called in and said he quit as I heard it. Though as I heard it, we are hiring 4 R & L drivers soon. Go figure.

Det lost a city driver this am to Conway. He just called in and said he quit as I heard it. Though as I heard it, we are hiring 4 R & L drivers soon. Go figure.
R&L is a money making machine...........But the managers are azzholes big time.....plus they work the living sh** out of you..... On lift gate all the time....I would never work for them....They have massive turnover with new guys. You earn that money. For a buck or 2 its not worth it....At least not for me.

R&L is a money making machine...........But the managers are azzholes big time.....plus they work the living sh** out of you..... On lift gate all the time....I would never work for them....They have massive turnover with new guys. You earn that money. For a buck or 2 its not worth it....At least not for me.

But Train, if you work for R&L, you can vacation at their mansion down in FL. For real, no $hit brother !

that is one BIG perk of R&L, many a driver has told me about them places, seems wild to thing a company would do that for their employees, but hey, R&L appreciated their people